Squad movements, summer 2018

14 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

No I haven’t. Like your positivity. Glad Tony P or any other coach have never got one wrong. Looking forward to him ripping it up then. Great signing. 

Look I understand that he’s a good young signing. If he’s been signed for a development team like I said it will be interesting to see how he performs with good players around him with constant football each week. I’m not suggesting that at this stage of his development he could play In the first team. He could be the next Tom Hamer. 

2 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

No I haven’t. Like your positivity. Glad Tony P or any other coach have never got one wrong. Looking forward to him ripping it up then. Great signing. 

I’ll give him 5 mins of his debut, if he hasn’t engineered a foul 35 yards out which he demands to take and then Beckham style screams it in to the top corner. I’m giving him shit!

13 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Believe Chelsea were interested in him earlier in the season, but Wellens knocked them back.

Been on loan at Ramsbottom but I don't think he figured much.

Seen him a couple of times, has pace and good balance, but not very physical.

Strange that nothing has been said since that article was removed from the official site.  Wonder if it was wrong, or whether they're waiting to make a bigger announcement about the second-year youths and who's being signed up and released?

1 hour ago, Crusoe said:

Strange that nothing has been said since that article was removed from the official site.  Wonder if it was wrong, or whether they're waiting to make a bigger announcement about the second-year youths and who's being signed up and released?

It has happened before, but was all sorted pretty soon after that. Weird on this occasion, like you say.

4 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Why he’s hardly Christian Ronaldo. There are lots of better players that we will be able to sign this summer than Nicky Adams. 

Well to be fair I’ve never heard of him but people on here were saying he the dogs. Still frustrating bury are already at it! I thought the money tree was running dry

2 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Well to be fair I’ve never heard of him but people on here were saying he the dogs. Still frustrating bury are already at it! I thought the money tree was running dry

Wellens is on holiday until middle of next week so it’s unlikely we are going to start signing players before then. He did say on ifollow before he left that on his return he wanted to get in the players he’s targeted quickly so chill out for a week or so and then things might get more clear as to who will be coming in.

8 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Wellens is on holiday until middle of next week so it’s unlikely we are going to start signing players before then. He did say on ifollow before he left that on his return he wanted to get in the players he’s targeted quickly so chill out for a week or so and then things might get more clear as to who will be coming in.

Unless while he's on the beach those players have signed for other clubs.

19 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Why he’s hardly Christian Ronaldo. There are lots of better players that we will be able to sign this summer than Nicky Adams. 

We have released, I think, seven players from a bloated squad. I'd be surprised if we signed many newbies before a few more are shipped out somehow. 

3 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Youre allowed mobile phones on holiday these days... someone on holiday in my company called me only today 

While on the phone others are dealing in person. They have the advantage IMO.

7 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I doubt they'll really meet up in person till the actual signing of contracts and stuff these days. Can't imagine anyone is negotiating a full deal face to face these days very often 

9 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Others will be on holiday too - the season just finished for most. Or is no one allowed holidays these days? 

Edited by jorvik_latic

55 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Others will be on holiday too - the season just finished for most. Or is no one allowed holidays these days? 

Get the business done early then have a holiday, don't leave it late like last years goalkeeper shambles.