Squad movements, summer 2018

43 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Just out of interest have you seen Benteke or O'Grady play yet?

not in this preseason seen em both play though...I haven't seen the other 23 teams strikers though yet pretty sure there will be a few stinkers amongst em

21 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

"Two players that have been linked with moves away from Latics are Anthony Gerrard and Jack Byrne, but Bunn was coy when asked about the duo, claiming they can still potentially have futures at the club."

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/oldham-bunn-baxter-gerrard-byrne-14964807

I think we’ll end up signing both O’grady and Miller by the sounds of that. Interesting that FB says about 4-5 players still potentially to come in.

33 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

So, in the next six days what do you forecast?

Miller & OGrady signing?

Doyle signing?

Completely different striker / strikers signing?

The 5 players FB is looking for signing?

I forecast we're having roast chicken tomorrow with roast spuds and stuff.

I also forecast O'Grady and a loan striker. Which is better than a lone striker.

9 hours ago, Midsblue said:

So, in the next six days what do you forecast?

Miller & OGrady signing?

Doyle signing?

Completely different striker / strikers signing?

The 5 players FB is looking for signing?

I think we will sign one of Ogrady or miller and a completely different striker. We will then see both Gerrard and Byrne move out of the club either permanently or on loan and then bring in a couple of loan signings atleast one will probably be from a prem U23. If we can get both Byrne and Gerrard off the books permanently then I expect atleast 2 more permanent signings after what Ive slready said.

Edited by GlossopLatic

On 28/07/2018 at 6:27 AM, yarddog73 said:

Benteke doesn't have 15 goals in a hundred apperances in him, okay he has some pace but that means little if you can't find the back of the net, he's as awkward in front of goal as Fane is passing it out from the back and if it wasn't for the fact he had a famous footballing brother we'd of never of given him a second look.

Let's face it and be honest with ourselves here we need two quality strikers and sharpish, this season isn't the one to be starting off with a partnership of a young raw forward coupled with an old carthorse, teams with far better strikers than what we currently possess - Barnet (Akinde) and Chesterfield  (Dennis) were relegated from the division we will be plying our trade in and it's imperative that this obvious weakness in the team is addressed. 

He’s scored 3 pre season so he’s averaging better than 1-3 this season already. Maybe he’s going to prove you wrong. 

20 hours ago, LaticMark said:

"Two players that have been linked with moves away from Latics are Anthony Gerrard and Jack Byrne, but Bunn was coy when asked about the duo, claiming they can still potentially have futures at the club."

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/oldham-bunn-baxter-gerrard-byrne-14964807

YESSSSSSSS

Love you Jack ❤️

Another rumour to add, apparently David Cotterill was seen walking into Latics this morning past people queuing for Forest Green tickets. Not quite sure which one sounds a more far fetched rumour, people queuing for Forest Green tickets or David Cotterill walking into the club...

5 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Another rumour to add, apparently David Cotterill was seen walking into Latics this morning past people queuing for Forest Green tickets. Not quite sure which one sounds a more far fetched rumour, people queuing for Forest Green tickets or David Cotterill walking into the club...

We were. At 8.30am. No brew offered. Lemsagam out. 

Don't remember seeing David Cotterill but wouldn't know him if I walked into him tbh.

22 minutes ago, rosa said:

We were. At 8.30am. No brew offered. Lemsagam out. 

Don't remember seeing David Cotterill but wouldn't know him if I walked into him tbh.

Always amazed that anyone recognises these players. There's only about three on Latics' books that I could pick out of a crowd. As Cotterell was last seen playing a handful of games in India seems plausible that he is looking for a club back here. 

33 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Anyone with George Best for middle names is worth signing, operated at higher levels and would add a bit of quality to the squad if he's anywhere near the player i remember (although I had the same opinion on Ben 'where did it all go wrong' Pringle).

Edited by yarddog73

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2004–2006 Bristol City 62 (8)
2006–2008 Wigan Athletic 18 (1)
2008  Sheffield United (loan) 16 (0)
2008–2010 Sheffield United 38 (6)
2009–2010  Swansea City (loan) 4 (0)
2010–2012 Swansea City 31 (4)
2011  Portsmouth (loan) 15 (1)
2012 Barnsley 11 (1)
2012–2014 Doncaster Rovers 84 (14)
2014–2017 Birmingham City 102 (14)
2017  Bristol City (loan) 15 (2)
2018 ATK 3 (0)

9 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Anyone with George Best for middle names is worth signing, operated at higher levels and would add a bit of quality to the squad if he's anywhere near the player i remember (although I had the same opinion on Ben 'where did it all go wrong' Pringle).

Cannot disagree. Certainly comes with a decent past, like Pringle. Couldn't believe he was only 30! Seems to have been around for ages. Hopefully he can add a bit of quality like you say as we don't have a natural right sided midfielder.