1 hour ago, singe said:

Anyway, more inportantly, who knows how to sort out my heavily clay lawn? It's like concrete now,  but full of lumps, bumps and potholes like a typical road.

Have you tried a brazier?

38 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

We actually have them! They were donated by GMP and have been made into a lighting rig that helps maintain the bit in the penalty areas that the keepers wear out.

We need to catch a few more drug barons then....

Isn't there a meeting of clubs very soon (June iirc) with regards to allowing artificial pitches? 

I think they've already had one last year but a few Championship clubs binned the idea as they'd then have to rip it up if they made the big leap into the PL!

Would stop this winter drudge year in year out - and probably make a bit of money in the long run?

4 hours ago, ghostofcecere said:

We actually have them! They were donated by GMP and have been made into a lighting rig that helps maintain the bit in the penalty areas that the keepers wear out.

We did have them before they were seized to pay off debts after bayliffs attended I believe. (Under Corney) 

17 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

We did have them before they were seized to pay off debts after bayliffs attended I believe. (Under Corney) 

Love it.

Cannabis lights confiscated under the proceeds of crime act, repatriated for the purpose they were built for.

And it’s all Corney’s fault. Grrrrr!!!

7 hours ago, thetramfixer said:

Isn't there a meeting of clubs very soon (June iirc) with regards to allowing artificial pitches? 

I think they've already had one last year but a few Championship clubs binned the idea as they'd then have to rip it up if they made the big leap into the PL!

Would stop this winter drudge year in year out - and probably make a bit of money in the long run?

Lay a plastic pitch - win Championship - lay really good grass pitch for a million. I could live with that

21 hours ago, singe said:

Anyway, more inportantly, who knows how to sort out my heavily clay lawn? It's like concrete now,  but full of lumps, bumps and potholes like a typical road.

Dig it up, lay down new soil, reseed and fertilise. Then when you've got some good growth regular cutting and strimming should leave you with a nice, lush lawn.

Says the man with a back yard that smells faintly of dog wee and inferior to those little exercise areas inside US supermax prisons. (Dad advised me for when we move house to one with a garden)

2 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Dig it up, lay down new soil, reseed and fertilise. Then when you've got some good growth regular cutting and strimming should leave you with a nice, lush lawn.

Says the man with a back yard that smells faintly of dog wee and inferior to those little exercise areas inside US supermax prisons. (Dad advised me for when we move house to one with a garden)

Cheers!

Was hoping for an easier option to be honest! I did one half like above and its still a bad, damn near killed me!!

12 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Somebody should have a word with Simon Wood - tell him to keep his bayleaves in the kitchen where they belong.

13 hours ago, adamoafc said:

That's a result, pay off a debt with something that was given to you for free.

16 hours ago, adamoafc said:

This is True, about Xmas time a couple of seasons ago. Another latics first if I remember rightly, the first EFL club that had them taken back. They were rented from a company, we didn't pay and they were taken away

Edited by underdog

On 08/05/2018 at 1:58 PM, singe said:

This sounds promising, after years of being starved o investment.

What type of things would be done though? Don't want you to compromise yourself though.

My limited knowledge would say we've tried bacterial improvement and seen much better rooting (and it held up better0. The blocked drain was sorted.

I was thinking a full relay or new Desso was about all that was left?

Cheers

Pile of sand next to pitch today so looks like similar works to last year rather than major renovation!