Jump to content
OWTB Forums

Recommended Posts

The pitch has to be sorted a priority!

 

There is zero point in blaming the pitch conditions for the style of play change if all that's going to happen is by January we have the same issue again only against sides that would prefer teams to go direct.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't disagree but not gonna happen due to cost.

 

I'd rather spend any money on building a squad capable of getting us back up, and improving our training facilities.

 

Dales cost £500k.

 

We can re-lay the pitch the year after from the money we get from winning the JPT and a good FA Cup run!! :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Don't disagree but not gonna happen due to cost.

 

I'd rather spend any money on building a squad capable of getting us back up, and improving our training facilities.

 

Dales cost £500k.

 

We can re-lay the pitch the year after from the money we get from winning the JPT and a good FA Cup run!! :D

In fairness the pitch lasted much better than the last couple of seasons and was far from the worst we've seen - been told the works planned this time are more extensive than last so we should see a further improvement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mick26 said:

In fairness the pitch lasted much better than the last couple of seasons and was far from the worst we've seen - been told the works planned this time are more extensive than last so we should see a further improvement.

 

I thought that but then I went on it last Sunday for the Mascot's Day. It isn't much better than a decent public playing field close up. Good in patches though... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

 

I thought that but then I went on it last Sunday for the Mascot's Day. It isn't much better than a decent public playing field close up. Good in patches though... 

 

Whose hand did you get to hold? 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, mick26 said:

In fairness the pitch lasted much better than the last couple of seasons and was far from the worst we've seen - been told the works planned this time are more extensive than last so we should see a further improvement.

This sounds promising, after years of being starved o investment.

What type of things would be done though? Don't want you to compromise yourself though.

My limited knowledge would say we've tried bacterial improvement and seen much better rooting (and it held up better0. The blocked drain was sorted.

I was thinking a full relay or new Desso was about all that was left?

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Don't disagree but not gonna happen due to cost.

 

....but we’re not operating under the same austerity now Corney has gone are we?

 

If Lemsagam wanted to demonstrate the semblance of a plan, this would be one such way of doing so, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

 

....but we’re not operating under the same austerity now Corney has gone are we?

 

If Lemsagam wanted to demonstrate the semblance of a plan, this would be one such way of doing so, no?

Would love to think so yes.... Just unsure as to what funds he actually has. 

Hopefully he will show us the money if he has it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mick26 said:

In fairness the pitch lasted much better than the last couple of seasons and was far from the worst we've seen - been told the works planned this time are more extensive than last so we should see a further improvement.

 

Helped massively by the fact we didn't play on it for the thick end of a month while we had the bad weather / beasts from the east etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While investing in a new pitch would obviously help what happens when we go away from home? Most league 1 pitches cut up in the second half of the season can anyone see that improving in league 2? 

 

Our biggest problem was that were not able to grind out results in the 2nd half of the season something we did very well in the previous 2 seasons.

 

If its a choice between a brand spanking new pitch as opposed to a squad who have a Plan A and a Plan B to adapt to the change in conditions Id rather we go with the later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

While investing in a new pitch would obviously help what happens when we go away from home? Most league 1 pitches cut up in the second half of the season can anyone see that improving in league 2? 

 

Our biggest problem was that were not able to grind out results in the 2nd half of the season something we did very well in the previous 2 seasons.

 

If its a choice between a brand spanking new pitch as opposed to a squad who have a Plan A and a Plan B to adapt to the change in conditions Id rather we go with the later.

 

We drew those games! so fix our pitch play free flowing football at home and smash everyone out of sight and draw the away games. Top 3 guranteed :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who live in close proximity to or pass the ground regularly; Have the ground staff begun working on the pitch yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

For those who live in close proximity to or pass the ground regularly; Have the ground staff begun working on the pitch yet?

When you look at Jamie Stott's interview pitchside on TWAL the other day, the pitch looked as though it was in the same condition as at the end of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

23 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

For those who live in close proximity to or pass the ground regularly; Have the ground staff begun working on the pitch yet?

 

They usually wait a couple of weeks as they allow charities and charge companies to use it before they start work on it.

Edited by jorvik_latic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

 

They usually wait a couple of weeks as they allow charities and charge companies to use it before they start work on it.

 

Ta. Be interesting to see what work in undertaken, when it begins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

 

Ta. Be interesting to see what work in undertaken, when it begins.

Bring back the plastic

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cmr said:

Bring back the plastic

Bring back the under soil heating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway, more inportantly, who knows how to sort out my heavily clay lawn? It's like concrete now,  but full of lumps, bumps and potholes like a typical road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, singe said:

Anyway, more inportantly, who knows how to sort out my heavily clay lawn? It's like concrete now,  but full of lumps, bumps and potholes like a typical road.

Get the kettle boiled and pour hot water on it

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, singe said:

Anyway, more inportantly, who knows how to sort out my heavily clay lawn? It's like concrete now,  but full of lumps, bumps and potholes like a typical road.

Fill in the rest with concrete, level it off and paint the whole thing green. Or, dig more holes, turn it into a crazy golf course and charge for entry. Earn enough over the summer to cover the cost of having it all dug up again and a new lawn laid. Problem solved.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

 

 

They usually wait a couple of weeks as they allow charities and charge companies to use it before they start work on it.

Yeah, there's been something going on most evenings I've passed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, cmr said:

Get the kettle boiled and pour hot water on it

I haven't got ants!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, cmr said:

Get the kettle boiled and get a MasterChef champion to pour hot water on it

FTFY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×