Pre season friendlies?

Just now, disjointed said:

Too soon BP, lets enjoy the cricket season first.

After the World Cup next month the friendlies will be upon us. Cricket won't get a look in this year.

I'm already  looking forward to next season.:)

48 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

After the World Cup next month the friendlies will be upon us. Cricket won't get a look in this year.

I'm already  looking forward to next season.:)

I'm looking forward to the cricket. I need a break after the season just gone, I don't know if I can be arsed with the world cup, football is a bit too predictable now, my main reason for going is purely social.

Bath City, Mangotsfield United, Paulton Rovers and Chippenham Town, all away please. OK, I'm not serious, but it's bound to be Curzon Ashton at least isn't it? Mind you, if they do fancy a week or two in the West Country ...

24 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

I remember reading on here a while back about some insane pre-season tour we did  to an African dictatorship in the 70s/80s(?) when Ken Bates was Chairman.

Anybody got any info on that or am I dreaming?

24 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

I remember reading on here a while back about some insane pre-season tour we did  to an African dictatorship in the 70s/80s(?) when Ken Bates was Chairman.

Rhodesia when it was a pariah although the problem was that it wasn't an African dictatorship....This year's equivalent effort was Leeds going to Myanmar

Edited by Dave_Og

1 hour ago, LaticsPete said:

Was in the summer of 1967. A tour to the apartheid-wannabe Rhodesia, and to Malawi. Won 10 out of the 11 matches played.

Malawi in that time wasn't exactly a paragon of democracy, the President outlawed long hair for men and trousers for women. 

5 hours ago, NewBlue said:

https://api.parliament.uk/historic-hansard/written-answers/1967/jun/23/oldham-afc-rhodesia-visit

In Hansard. Massive, aren't we? 

5 hours ago, josh_latics said:

That’s absolutely magnificent.

Thanks all.

Are there any photos knocking about? He’s one of them in suits

https://www.scribd.com/doc/51486514/Boundary-Bulletin-Vol1-27-Summer-Issue-2-July-67-Ken-Bates-Meets-Rhodesian-Prime-Minister-Ian-Smith

Edited by NewBlue

Guest Stanley30
18 hours ago, singe said:

Mossley are quick out of the blocks:

Because that's how a real football club is run

4 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Brisbane Roar, Western Sydney and Perth Glory in a mini comp at Suncorp Stadium please.

Give over.

Melbourne City, Melbourne Victory (Champions) and Sydney United at AAMI stadium