League 2 beginners guide

13 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

It was a long day...

I held up a line of traffic in Brisbane City centre because i was looking at the wrong lights.

Fuck em, they're only Australians.

I've just dropped my daughter at the airport. Up since four o'clock, I could be making similar cock ups today.

Edited by Magic Mikey

• 1 month later...

Having posted our team for the last game we had in Div 4, in 1971  I thought it would be interesting to do so for our first game back in it after relegation.  This is the team lineup for the game at Notts County Aug 9 1969. A 0-0 draw was one of our better results ea;y on, as we won only four matches upto the end of the following January.  Frizzell's appointment as manager rallied the troops and we eventually climbed to 19th.

Just three players - Bowie, Bebbington, and Whittle - remained in the team for the final match in the following season when we were promoted.

NottsCntyl_IMG_0697_zpsrnu7ng1z.jpg

8 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Having posted our team for the last game we had in Div 4, in 1971  I thought it would be interesting to do so for our first game back in it after relegation.  This is the team lineup for the game at Notts County Aug 9 1969. A 0-0 draw was one of our better results ea;y on, as we won only four matches upto the end of the following January.  Frizzell's appointment as manager rallied the troops and we eventually climbed to 19th.

Just three players - Bowie, Bebbington, and Whittle - remained in the team for the final match in the following season when we were promoted.

I was six and was probably there. All the names are very familiar apart from Alan Lawson. No bells ringing at all. 

40 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Numbers 1 to 11, one sub, blue and tangerine, World Cup winner at left back....

Some of the county players were decent too: Masson, Needham, Barker, Butlin. I was at that game being a Barlows regular back in the day. An average season but still happy memories.

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I was six and was probably there. All the names are very familiar apart from Alan Lawson. No bells ringing at all. 

Tough as teak, ginger haired Scottish centre half who made significantly more first team appearances than I remember. One thing that does stick in the memory was him booting Tony Hateley on his gammy knee in a reserve match at Ashton after he left us !