League 2 beginners guide

It's all a bit Donald Trumpish on this forum recently. Cherry pick a rumour that fits your agenda; push it as a gospel truth; declare anything which contradicts said rumour as "fake news"; if your rumour turns out to be true tell the world how clever you  are; if it's a load of bollocks keep a low profile until the next opportunity arises. It's a bit tiresome really.  

I know it's upsetting and all but it's been confirmed that..

Corney has left a lot of shit to be mopped up with hidden bills and also the huge tax bill that still looms large... The blame still has to lie with Corney for the way he run the club and Abdallah has obviously been hoodwinked. He explicitly stated when he first took charge that he doesn't have a large amount of money.

I'm going to pause on the whole 'we're doomed' posts because I am repeating myself. I'll just wait til December...

2 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Corney has left a lot of shit to be mopped up with hidden bills and also the huge tax bill that still looms large... The blame still has to lie with Corney for the way he run the club and Abdallah has obviously been hoodwinked. He explicitly stated when he first took charge that he doesn't have a large amount of money.

I'm going to pause on the whole 'we're doomed' posts because I am repeating myself. I'll just wait til December...

Good way to end it, summed up your standpoint and reasonings succinctly.

Couple of weeks into feb would probably be a fairer time to leave it until tho.

With regards the underlined comment, I haven’t met AL but I have been ‘in the room’ a couple of times and he seems to me like the anti-agent. He seems humble and honest and events do seem to have shown maybe some naiivety, but without this naiivety he wouldn’t have come near us.

He has paid an asking price and he has covered debts that weren’t his to the tune of around an extra mill, paid money for Byrne, brought Doyle back even tho he couldn’t play and reduced the ST price for a period after the season ended. The approach has changed positively and, to me, this mowers story catching on sounds like the mutterings that hang around bitter people or jealous gossippers with an agenda. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Having watched 40mins of the playoff final, I'm fairly confident we're gonna go straight back up with a record number of points. 

Not if we sell the family silver.

Edited by BP1960

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:41 PM, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Corney has left a lot of shit to be mopped up with hidden bills and also the huge tax bill that still looms large... The blame still has to lie with Corney for the way he run the club and Abdallah has obviously been hoodwinked. He explicitly stated when he first took charge that he doesn't have a large amount of money.

Where is the evidence that there is a huge tax bill? AL stated that he wasn't a billionaire (that's not the same as not having a large amount). Anyone with less than £20/30m of disposable cash would be crazy to buy a football club at our level, and I doubt AL is crazy. We have been told by Roy that he  has intentions to rebuild the main stand and improve the training facilities. He came to the club with ambitions to get us into the Championship, but unfortunately it didn't work out as he expected. Getting us promoted out of L2 will cost less than L1 promotion! That doesn't seem like someone with less money than Corney to me.

On 27 May 2018 at 4:41 PM, Kusunga_Is_God said:

The majority of business sales include indemnities whereby the seller has to pay for specific known future liabilities (in this case potential tax bill incurred before sale) and hidden liabilities that were not disclosed in due diligence. It is highly unlikely that Abdallah has been hoodwinked if he has a half decent solicitor.

4 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

The majority of business sales include indemnities whereby the seller has to pay for specific known future liabilities (in this case potential tax bill incurred before sale) and hidden liabilities that were not disclosed in due diligence. It is highly unlikely that Abdallah has been hoodwinked if he has a half decent solicitor.

Or a half decent business brain, which I reckon he has.

35 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

Correct. And he has a decent solicitor. It might be another matter getting Corney to pay up of course.

29 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

If only ChaddySmoker had taken up the offer from SC, he'd have been able to answer after seeing them

Well, from experience it wasn't a forensic account that Corney would have offered, and they also raided the OEC accounts and who knows what else. Hector works at his own pace, nobody knows what will come of it.

The team from our last match in Div 4.

It's not just nostalgia that makes me believe that at least half of those would stroll into our first choice team today. Edit : No let's say 8 or 9 would!

Scountyprog2_zpsaafo9l18.jpg

Edited by LaticsPete