18/19 Kit Launch

Perhaps AL via the Trust will allow us a vote next season ... but a vote via ST holders/Trust members only (to avoid any hijacking).

canvass opinion on design etc 

only reservation is that the last time the fans voted, it was that monkey sick yellow abomination 

Edited by Midsblue

1 hour ago, LT_SMASH said:

By the look of it, the Oldham Athletic badge is printed on the kit, not embroidered. If so it will look very cheap and not something I will purchase

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

Definitely embroidered on the picture of the kits on SD. This picture isn’t from the new kits.

12 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Perhaps AL via the Trust will allow us a vote next season ... but a vote via ST holders/Trust members only (to avoid any hijacking).

canvass opinion on design etc 

only reservation is that the last time the fans voted, it was that monkey sick yellow abomination 

I’ve been suggesting this for years. It’s an easy way to get fans involved. 

18 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Every club kit is just based on a template. Same goes for PL sides. Northampton had the same away kit as Man City..

Sondico at least add a sprinkle of difference to their kits to make each their own thing. And they seem very open to input from the club with certain things, such as the cross marking and BAWA being on these new ones. Indeed in 15/16 and 16/17, Eden Creative designed our kits, and Sondico made them to order.

I really like our new ones, think they'll look smart in action.

Unfortunately as kits change every year, the best way to go is to have it be a similar design each time, as at least then you have some continuity.

Hope we stay with Sondico so we keep getting good, unique kits.

9 hours ago, Simpo said:

Sondico at least add a sprinkle of difference to their kits to make each their own thing. And they seem very open to input from the club with certain things, such as the cross marking and BAWA being on these new ones. Indeed in 15/16 and 16/17, Eden Creative designed our kits, and Sondico made them to order.

I really like our new ones, think they'll look smart in action.

Unfortunately as kits change every year, the best way to go is to have it be a similar design each time, as at least then you have some continuity.

Hope we stay with Sondico so we keep getting good, unique kits.

Confirmed that Eden have designed this season's as well. Love Eden's kits.

Not a patch on Sparta.

Love these kits tho. Best in years. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the sports direct deal end after this season, meaning we have an opportunity to move on next season and go for something completely different?

Might be another chance for AL to get the fans onside

1 hour ago, philliggi said:

Not a patch on Sparta.

Love these kits tho. Best in years. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the sports direct deal end after this season, meaning we have an opportunity to move on next season and go for something completely different?

He could get me onside by paying wages on time.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philliggi said:

Not a patch on Sparta.

Not got the numbers to make it worthwhile surely.

Should try to get with one of the big brands, might get some decent training wear.

7 hours ago, philliggi said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the sports direct deal end after this season, meaning we have an opportunity to move on next season and go for something completely different?

Yes, it was a 5 year deal signed in the summer of 2014. https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/oldham-athletic-pen-five-year-sports-7363271

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Is it just me that thinks football shirts on overweight adults looks hideous? All for the price of 40 quid!

I play football in them and I might buy one when they get to about quarter price. I think the full retail prices are an abuse of supporters' loyalty.

3 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Is it just me that thinks football shirts on overweight adults looks hideous? All for the price of 40 quid!

In all honesty, does it really matter if an adult wants to wear a football shirt? Is it OK if they're not overweight?

giphy.gif

Edited by Bristolatic

10 hours ago, philliggi said:

Not a patch on Sparta.

how about we do our own surely there are enough seamstress cutters etc local to the boro that we could design source and make our own then ALL the profit goes to us we are a small league 2 club we dont need a vast distribution network all over the country just a descent club shop and  a good mail order dept wonder if local  work wear manufacturers  would be interested