World Cup Predictor Competition

2 hours ago, Hometownclub said:

It's all about opinions, just thought Maguire gave the ball away cheaply on a few occasions.

That was how I saw it. I think he's always got a mistake in him in dangerous areas. The one consolation is that Phil Jones never got any game time; that's a silver lining.

And, if we don't play Young or Rose, Delph is a good option.

Edited by Bristolatic

2 hours ago, Hometownclub said:

It's all about opinions, just thought Maguire gave the ball away cheaply on a few occasions.

Thought he made a couple of errors that would have resulted in goals against better opposition.  He also wasted possession every time he was put under pressure.

I like him but I'm not convinced he's good enough for this level of football.

5 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

I'm not convinced he's good enough for this level of football.

Me too. I know Cahill isn't 100% ideal, but I think he's a better option. Actually, and call me biased, but I honestly think that Tarkowski is a better option than Maguire. I think he should have been in the squad.

Only saw bits of the game and some highlights.  I wasn't sure if were playing rugby or American Football judging by the number of body tackle and blocks from the Tunisians.  Ref should have sorted it and as someone else said what is VAR for if not to pick up this sort of play.

42 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

Thought he made a couple of errors that would have resulted in goals against better opposition.  He also wasted possession every time he was put under pressure.

I like him but I'm not convinced he's good enough for this level of football.

Carthorse.

55 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Me too. I know Cahill isn't 100% ideal, but I think he's a better option. Actually, and call me biased, but I honestly think that Tarkowski is a better option than Maguire. I think he should have been in the squad.

Well Tarkowski would not have been able to go anyway. He is recovering from an hernia operation at the moment. 

23 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Only had the op because he wasn't named in the squad

Having had the same operation I can assure you that it is dangerous to continue playing football with any kid of hernia. The sooner the operation is done the better. He would not have been able to play at 100% fitness if he had gone to the world cup

31 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Having had the same operation I can assure you that it is dangerous to continue playing football with any kid of hernia. The sooner the operation is done the better. He would not have been able to play at 100% fitness if he had gone to the world cup

I don't disagree. He'd have gone though :tongue1:

Big weekend for me sport wise.

Sat arvo: Lions smash Giants at the Gabba

Sun 4:00am Sweden smash Germany

6:30am all world cup highlights.

8pm Origin 2. Qld smash NSW in NSW

10pm England smash Panama-ah.

I can barely see the road from the heat coming off of it...

1 minute ago, Stevie_J said:

Stuck a tenner on tonight on Spain to win to nil, Costa to score and 9 or more corners. 

There were eight fucking corners...

As soon as you get the goalscorer you know it is going to go tits up. 

Kane and 3-1 the other night, with 50 minutes to go we should have scored the 2 more.  No wonder the bookies are rich, it's all a conspiracy. 

15 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

Today’s bet: Lingard to score, England to win by two or more, England lead HT and less than 2 first half bookings. 

Fucksake. 

I'd give it up if I were you. Fortunately I didn't get to the bookies today as 6-1 would not have been my score of choice.