Pisses me off!

I keep asking the same question to the trust in their opinion does AL have money ?  I keep hearing no money to fill mowers with petrol? We will be signing the last dregs ? Can someone say something that’s makes me feel a bit better? We painted the roof? Doesn’t sound to me we can’t afford petrol? But I don’t know ? A little insight? Something u have seen to suggest he has a bit of cash? That he plans to invest in the club?

The Trust don't know how much money he has, and it would be ridiculous to give, "an opinion." He's told us that he isn't super rich and he kept the club afloat to the tune of over a million last season, that we do know. Have a bit of patience and see how we go - a statement that he was going to put 20 million in would mean nothing if action didn't follow.

Just now, leeslover said:

The Trust don't know how much money he has, and it would be ridiculous to give, "an opinion." He's told us that he isn't super rich and he kept the club afloat to the tune of over a million last season, that we do know. Have a bit of patience and see how we go - a statement that he was going to put 20 million in would mean nothing if action didn't follow.

I get that but simple things like we don’t have petrol for the mowers. There is so many negative rumours, I think the trust could go some way to at least make me/us feel a bit better? The trust must have some idea. I’m not being a knob, just want some reassurance. I am worried for my club.

17 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I get that but simple things like we don’t have petrol for the mowers. There is so many negative rumours, I think the trust could go some way to at least make me/us feel a bit better? The trust must have some idea. I’m not being a knob, just want some reassurance. I am worried for my club.

I think that is the operative word. Neither the Trust, you, me, the tea lady or the kit man have a divine right to ask AL what his worth is or how much of his hard earned he's going to plough into the club. Let's wait and see what happens when players start moving in/out and see what we've got. That should be a decent barometer of where we are. So far, apart from rumours, there has been absolutely diddly squat to base very much on regarding his financial standing. And, exactly why must the Trust have some idea?

Seriously if you hear a rumour that we can't afford petrol for the mowers and believe it there is no hope. Here's something we do know as a fact. A.L told sports direct (apparently the biggest Sponsership deal we have ever had) to shove their money so we could call Boundary Park Boundary Park again. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be doing that if we didn't have 60 quid for some diesel.

6 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

If you want to be a pedant get your facts right-commercial mowers are four stroke. Two stroke for strimmers, hedge cutters blowers etc.

The nature of the fuel wasn't the key point... 

I never thought I'd read a topic on OWTB about whether we can or can't afford to mow the lawn!  Life is full of little surprises I guess!

On a more serious note, I would be interested to know whether AL is looking to spend more money this summer on off-the-pitch areas of the club that will improve our infrastructure longer term, or whether he's mainly interested in building a successful team on the pitch first and improve the other stuff later.  I could understand either attitude but it would be nice to have a clear plan from him, even if it isn't particularly detailed.

4 hours ago, latics22 said:

I keep asking the same question to the trust in their opinion does AL have money ?  I keep hearing no money to fill mowers with petrol? We will be signing the last dregs ? Can someone say something that’s makes me feel a bit better? We painted the roof? Doesn’t sound to me we can’t afford petrol? But I don’t know ? A little insight? Something u have seen to suggest he has a bit of cash? That he plans to invest in the club?

I think it would be rather foolish of him to state how much he has at his disposal. I do however think there should be some clarity regarding the situation with Wellens and whether he will be backed or will it be AL and his brother choosing the players again.

Even if he’s a billionaire it doesn’t mean he’ll be prepared to spend all or a lot of it on Latics, he’s not a lifelong fan after all. I think the posters on here that were expecting us to be a lower league Man City are going to be very disappointed.

I think that AL has started to spend money on the little details like the pitch at Chapel road and BP as part of the bigger picture. It shows some collegiality between him and the coaching staff it means thst AL is listening to them.  RW has said that he  really struggled at times to even run training at the backend of the season.

We've had players on trail that didn't sign for us because of details like this (The lad from Plymouth who's name escapes me for one). It's a positive statement of intent to start to put things right like the state of both pitches. We are in a climate where players and agents ultimately decide where they will end up, not the club anymore. We need to advertise ourselves and by sorting the finer details like the playing surface and training facilities could be the difference between ourselves and other clubs at this level signing a decent player or two.

The signings will come.

There are big decisions to be made on some of the lads that have been linked elsewhere e.g. Byrne, Hunt and Gardner.

If they do go we know that we need to find replacements first and foremost, then start padding the rest of the squad. I'm not worried... yet. If we get 6 weeks down the line with very little then I may feel a bit differently. 

Why does he need money?

What's wrong with the club living within its means? - outgoings according to incomings and the club focusing on increasing the latter? Isn't that how Dale and Stanley are run? 

Bit navive of me perhaps but the club needs to put itself on a stable footing. I for one don't want to be in a position where the existence of OAFC is reliant on one person who has got us by the knackers and could pull the plug at any point. We need a more sustainable future than that.

Isnt it the Trust's role to focus on achieving that? This is the basis on which it was set up and why it is represented on the Board of Directors 

7 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Can you even buy 2 stroke or 4 stroke these days? 

I had a hedge trimmer that ran on two stroke. I had to make it with unleaded and oil.

Edit: If this seems like a pain in the arse, a simple solution is to get divorced. No more hedges, no more trimmer, no more two stroke.

Edited by Magic Mikey
Afterthought

6 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Why does he need money?

What's wrong with the club living within its means? - outgoings according to incomings and the club focusing on increasing the latter? Isn't that how Dale and Stanley are run? 

Bit navive of me perhaps but the club needs to put itself on a stable footing. I for one don't want to be in a position where the existence of OAFC is reliant on one person who has got us by the knackers and could pull the plug at any point. We need a more sustainable future than that.

Isnt it the Trust's role to focus on achieving that? This is the basis on which it was set up and why it is represented on the Board of Directors 

And when we slash the playing budget drastically to breakeven absolutely knowone will come out with lines such as "the club lack ambition" or "you've got to speculate to accumulate" how many of you would want self sufficiency at the bottom of league 2?

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

And when we slash the playing budget drastically to breakeven absolutely knowone will come out with lines such as "the club lack ambition" or "you've got to speculate to accumulate" how many of you would want self sufficiency at the bottom of league 2?

Until then let’s look on the bright side for a change. The cost of painting the roof of the chaddy end does not come cheap. Players are still on holiday and our manager comes back from holiday next week. Give the club some breathing space. Wellens said that he wanted to get his new squad together quickly before the players come back in July so that they had a good preseason together. So in the next couple of weeks I think we will see what the nucleus of next years team will be. I hate all this bloody doom and gloom on this thread. We should all be looking for positives that should come out of the club rather than try and undermine the new regime before it’s even got off its feet properly. Give AL a chance for god sake. Rome was not built in a day. 

13 hours ago, leeslover said:

We have to have to little patience Folks.

To add what LL has said, Al  has had to pass the fit and proper persons test to own a buisness, kept us going before he bought us yes probably of over the £1 million Mark, had to pay a goodwill deposit for us to the EFL which was a six figure sum, paid for the players in January window, paid  off sportsdirect, listened to and agreed to the season ticket offer, paid for the Trusts legal part of the shares to be honoured in the change of ownership, paid the bill that took us to court in April from ex owner paid for the removal of ex owner.

He's engaging with our communities already by attending mosque , might not be to promote us specifically, but it might be a way eventually to continue/tap into a community to come into BP. I believe he's approached people already to join the new board and will hopefully have the skills if not the financial help to put a decent infrastructure together first. We need to  get back to basics both off and on the pitch and it's not going to be an overnight job. The shock of us being relegated wouldn't have helped, I'd certainly give him time to recharge his batteries, breath and getthe  right people in or back of holiday to lay decent foundations. I'm sure we will see things roll out in there next few weeks.

Edited by underdog

1 hour ago, Smiler13 said:

Until then let’s look on the bright side for a change. The cost of painting the roof of the chaddy end does not come cheap. Players are still on holiday and our manager comes back from holiday next week. Give the club some breathing space. Wellens said that he wanted to get his new squad together quickly before the players come back in July so that they had a good preseason together. So in the next couple of weeks I think we will see what the nucleus of next years team will be. I hate all this bloody doom and gloom on this thread. We should all be looking for positives that should come out of the club rather than try and undermine the new regime before it’s even got off its feet properly. Give AL a chance for god sake. Rome was not built in a day. 

That wasnt a doom and gloom post and I wasnt trying to undermine AL or his new regime.

People need to read whats being said rather than coming out with dismissive stop moaning posts.

I was responding to a point made above about us being financially self sufficient its unlikely without either drastic cut backs or investment. It doesnt mean OAFC wont succeed, it doesnt mean AL wont succeed his predecessor set a pretty low benchmark for him. We maybe off to wembley 12 months from now or even sat their with our feet up toasting a wonderful promotion season seeing who will join us in league 1 in the 2019-20 season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChrisRichard said:

I think that AL has started to spend money on the little details like the pitch at Chapel road and BP as part of the bigger picture. It shows some collegiality between him and the coaching staff it means thst AL is listening to them.  RW has said that he  really struggled at times to even run training at the backend of the season.

We've had players on trail that didn't sign for us because of details like this (The lad from Plymouth who's name escapes me for one). It's a positive statement of intent to start to put things right like the state of both pitches. We are in a climate where players and agents ultimately decide where they will end up, not the club anymore. We need to advertise ourselves and by sorting the finer details like the playing surface and training facilities could be the difference between ourselves and other clubs at this level signing a decent player or two.

The signings will come.

There are big decisions to be made on some of the lads that have been linked elsewhere e.g. Byrne, Hunt and Gardner.

If they do go we know that we need to find replacements first and foremost, then start padding the rest of the squad. I'm not worried... yet. If we get 6 weeks down the line with very little then I may feel a bit differently. 

Totally agree. I spoke to a loanee this season who was laughing at the fact they turn up in the morning and don't know where or if they can train that day, and if they can...it will be on a mud patch. 

That was just one of the little things he mentioned that was under par at the club.

What seem like little things that that are actually big decision drivers for prospective players. Imagine someone like Kean Bryan, who we all want to come back for another loan spell for example. Yes he may have had a good season for us on the pitch, but where do you think he will feel he can best develop himself? Or a player who has two League One sides to choose from who has to buy their own lunch and not fed properly if previous reports are to be believed?

As previous poster mentioned, Lameiras (?) could see we were a shambles after a few weeks. I hope AL is going to bring some advisors in who know how to run a football club as the noises from BP at the moment show it's not getting any better - although I hear not down to money, rather poor organisation and communication.