Pisses me off!

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

So people are hearing we have money now but the organisation and communication is poor............. keep up peeps...........:petesake:

I didn't say I heard we have money. I said the discussed 'problems', for example petrol for mowers, was down to poor internal communication.

2 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

I had a hedge trimmer that ran on two stroke. I had to make it with unleaded and oil.

Edit: If this seems like a pain in the arse, a simple solution is to get divorced. No more hedges, no more trimmer, no more two stroke.

The two stroke is generally why people get divorced.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, underdog said:

We have to have to little patience Folks.

To add what LL has said, Al  has had to pass the fit and proper persons test to own a buisness, kept us going before he bought us yes probably of over the £1 million Mark, had to pay a goodwill deposit for us to the EFL which was a six figure sum, paid for the players in January window, paid  off sportsdirect, listened to and agreed to the season ticket offer, paid for the Trusts legal part of the shares to be honoured in the change of ownership, paid the bill that took us to court in April from ex owner paid for the removal of ex owner.

He's engaging with our communities already by attending mosque , might not be to promote us specifically, but it might be a way eventually to continue/tap into a community to come into BP. I believe he's approached people already to join the new board and will hopefully have the skills if not the financial help to put a decent infrastructure together first. We need to  get back to basics both off and on the pitch and it's not going to be an overnight job. The shock of us being relegated wouldn't have helped, I'd certainly give him time to recharge his batteries, breath and getthe  right people in or back of holiday to lay decent foundations. I'm sure we will see things roll out in there next few weeks.

Thanks Underdog, that offers a lot more detail to me about AL's intentions.

It's as good an opportunity as any to turn the club around for the long term and I really hope we succeed.

On the pitch, I'd love it if we had the resources to keep all the players we have (if we want them) and build upon it, but I appreciate that it could be out of our hands if players want out and money isn't the key factor.

If we have to rebuild the squad on a limited budget while AL is sorting things out off the pitch, I hope that on it we follow proven methods of success at League Two level rather than trying to re-invent the wheel.  That would give AL the breathing space to put his bigger ideas into practice.

He might be an excellent photobomber but he's been snapped with a lot of high profile people in the football community.

I'm hoping AL has contacts with some financial muscle to join the adventure in coming months/seasons. 

2 hours ago, underdog said:

To add what LL has said, Al  has had to pass the fit and proper persons test to own a buisness, kept us going before he bought us yes probably of over the £1 million Mark, had to pay a goodwill deposit for us to the EFL which was a six figure sum, paid for the players in January window, paid  off sportsdirect, listened to and agreed to the season ticket offer, paid for the Trusts legal part of the shares to be honoured in the change of ownership, paid the bill that took us to court in April from ex owner paid for the removal of ex owner.

He's engaging with our communities already by attending mosque , might not be to promote us specifically, but it might be a way eventually to continue/tap into a community to come into BP. I believe he's approached people already to join the new board and will hopefully have the skills if not the financial help to put a decent infrastructure together first. We need to  get back to basics both off and on the pitch and it's not going to be an overnight job. The shock of us being relegated wouldn't have helped, I'd certainly give him time to recharge his batteries, breath and getthe  right people in or back of holiday to lay decent foundations. I'm sure we will see things roll out in there next few weeks.

Good post and well said. Repairing the  erosion of the football club which we have witnessed in all areas over the last 15 years will take time. Instant results are unlikely but we merely want to see that we are moving in the right direction. It might be subtle things but small steps...

2 hours ago, underdog said:

Al paid for the Trusts legal part of the shares to be honoured in the change of ownership, paid the bill that took us to court in April from ex owner paid for the removal of ex owner.

If the Trust had a 3% non voting shareholding before the change of ownership and the same after why were legal fees incurred. (I am not saying that there were no legal fees.) Why?

@underdog Just had an idea. Since the Trust has a good line of communication with Lemsagam, and as you were talking about engaging with the local community, how about we have someone local who has done something good as a guest of the club at some games? I just saw Cec Wright is still taking wickets and hitting match-winning sixes at age 85 (http://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/16244736.cricket-legend-wright-hits-winning-six-at-85/) and I thought it would be terrific if we had him down at Boundary Park for a game next season. At other games it could be a young lad who has done something brave, or anyone who's made some sort of positive action. They could say a few words, thousands of people could applaud them, and it would put a smile on everyone's faces before kick off. Relegation has given our pride a bit of a knock, this could help restore it a little, strengthens our place as a community club. Call it something like Local Heroes.

35 minutes ago, Simpo said:

@underdog Just had an idea. Since the Trust has a good line of communication with Lemsagam, and as you were talking about engaging with the local community, how about we have someone local who has done something good as a guest of the club at some games? I just saw Cec Wright is still taking wickets and hitting match-winning sixes at age 85 (http://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/16244736.cricket-legend-wright-hits-winning-six-at-85/) and I thought it would be terrific if we had him down at Boundary Park for a game next season. At other games it could be a young lad who has done something brave, or anyone who's made some sort of positive action. They could say a few words, thousands of people could applaud them, and it would put a smile on everyone's faces before kick off. Relegation has given our pride a bit of a knock, this could help restore it a little, strengthens our place as a community club. Call it something like Local Heroes.

Great idea ?

1 hour ago, Simpo said:

How about inviting the Failsworth raised richest man in the UK to a  game? I'm sure he'd like to meet AL and vice versa.

Splash out a bit of Simon Wood hospitality on him and you never know he might chip in with a few bob.

13 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Bringing in a golf club that oversaw preparations for Chapel Road last year doesn't breed confidence.

I am not in the know, but I believe the golf club is quite a bit more than you imply, and they consult for a number of other sporting venues.

It seems we hired some equipment rather than buy outright for it so doing very little for 11 months 3 weeks of the year.

Also, they did the prep for end 16-17 season. We then outsourced, Corney did not pay the company (ALC) that did 17-18 season prep and now the Golf Club Consultants are back.

I have not got proof, but IIRC this is the 3rd year of hiring that specific equipment.

I think a lot more detail of services charged and given of both Golf Club and ALC is needed before a snap judgement is made.

31 minutes ago, singe said:

I am not in the know, but I believe the golf club is quite a bit more than you imply, and they consult for a number of other sporting venues.

It seems we hired some equipment rather than buy outright for it so doing very little for 11 months 3 weeks of the year.

Also, they did the prep for end 16-17 season. We then outsourced, Corney did not pay the company (ALC) that did 17-18 season prep and now the Golf Club Consultants are back.

I have not got proof, but IIRC this is the 3rd year of hiring that specific equipment.

I think a lot more detail of services charged and given of both Golf Club and ALC is needed before a snap judgement is made.

If you look through their various social media outlets the only football clubs they have dealt with are amateur pitches. 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

How about inviting the Failsworth raised richest man in the UK to a  game? I'm sure he'd like to meet AL and vice versa.

Splash out a bit of Simon Wood hospitality on him and you never know he might chip in with a few bob.

Lived in Failsworth until he was 10, hated it, never came back, supports united, lives in Chelsea, notably frugal.

Move along, nothing to see here.

4 hours ago, Simpo said:

cec was a good friend of my late  fathers and is a massive Latics fan and a regular attendee of matches believe he sits in the mainstand upper so can see him being amenable to this 

39 minutes ago, peanuts said:

cec was a good friend of my late  fathers and is a massive Latics fan and a regular attendee of matches believe he sits in the mainstand upper so can see him being amenable to this 

Beat me too it. Seen him many times in the main stand upper. A few years back I was walking through royton with my daughter (with our Latics shirts on) on the way to a match. Cec pulled over and said he couldn’t make the game but said he had two spare tickets and could have them for free if we wanted. Wasn’t much use to us as we had season tickets but a very kind gesture either way.

I understand that supporters are looking for information and assurances from AL, but the lack of them doesn't worry me significantly.

For all the views on SC, he has spent a long time trying to sell the club and by some accounts turned down interests that he thought were not in the long term interest of the club - so the fact SC has sold to AL is a hint of positivity.

The AL deal went on long enough that the full extent of the clubs financial situation would have been clear and yet he still entered into the deal.  Clearly a successful man in other ventures, I have to assume he has a plan for the club to continue.

He has clearly expended monies on facets of the club that if you were running hand to mouth you would have left (name of the ground, the Chaddy roof etc)

Given how close to the wind we have been run for the last number of years, it cannot get much worse can it?

Lets see what the close season brings and don't be too fussed that we don't have chapter and verse of his financial situation and future plans.

19 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Bringing in a golf club that oversaw preparations for Chapel Road last year doesn't breed confidence.

If the driver for the sale of the club was ALs pitching wedge, then we dont have a fairway to go. 

Sorry, just getting a few in before the thread dog legs.

9 hours ago, underdog said:

Thanks Tracey, we definitely need more of this sort of communication.

Edited by singe

9 hours ago, LaticsLegend said:

Totally agree. I spoke to a loanee this season who was laughing at the fact they turn up in the morning and don't know where or if they can train that day, and if they can...it will be on a mud patch. 

That was just one of the little things he mentioned that was under par at the club.

What seem like little things that that are actually big decision drivers for prospective players. Imagine someone like Kean Bryan, who we all want to come back for another loan spell for example. Yes he may have had a good season for us on the pitch, but where do you think he will feel he can best develop himself? Or a player who has two League One sides to choose from who has to buy their own lunch and not fed properly if previous reports are to be believed?

As previous poster mentioned, Lameiras (?) could see we were a shambles after a few weeks. I hope AL is going to bring some advisors in who know how to run a football club as the noises from BP at the moment show it's not getting any better - although I hear not down to money, rather poor organisation and communication.

Thank you! 

Obviously all lies though because Kusunga says AL has no cash and we couldn’t afford a fiver of petrol to cut some grass you know.... 

people need to calm down. 

3 hours ago, peanuts said:

2 hours ago, johnafoafc said:

Beat me too it. Seen him many times in the main stand upper. A few years back I was walking through royton with my daughter (with our Latics shirts on) on the way to a match. Cec pulled over and said he couldn’t make the game but said he had two spare tickets and could have them for free if we wanted. Wasn’t much use to us as we had season tickets but a very kind gesture either way.

Thre was a bit more about this!

Also last year:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/wright-bowls-them-over-at-83-9x3j9qb90

8 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

If the Trust had a 3% non voting shareholding before the change of ownership and the same after why were legal fees incurred. (I am not saying that there were no legal fees.) Why?

I can't remember the technical/legal bit of it all, but it was to document again who owned what in shares when the transfer of ownership was done in January, solicitors/correct legal paperwork and the change correctly documented at companies house. They are cat B shares.

it does go a bit whoosh over my head...tbh. Maybe Jorvik and LL will come along and clarify it better than me

Its the clubs own articles of association that was written with regards to voting at boardroom level it's a equal parity vote one vote per board member. Hence when the legality process of the removal of a director was sought, paperwork issued and an EGM called, there were only 3 people who could vote, Al, Brooke and Corney. I think it's safe to say it was a 2:1 vote for removal.