Pisses me off!

8 hours ago, Simpo said:

@underdog Just had an idea. Since the Trust has a good line of communication with Lemsagam, and as you were talking about engaging with the local community, how about we have someone local who has done something good as a guest of the club at some games? I just saw Cec Wright is still taking wickets and hitting match-winning sixes at age 85 (http://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/16244736.cricket-legend-wright-hits-winning-six-at-85/) and I thought it would be terrific if we had him down at Boundary Park for a game next season. At other games it could be a young lad who has done something brave, or anyone who's made some sort of positive action. They could say a few words, thousands of people could applaud them, and it would put a smile on everyone's faces before kick off. Relegation has given our pride a bit of a knock, this could help restore it a little, strengthens our place as a community club. Call it something like Local Heroes.

We could have done with a the Gordon Lawton memorial cricket match the other Sunday haha.

yes why not? We can certainly look into it. 

Cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, underdog said:

We could have done with a the Gordon Lawton memorial cricket match the other Sunday haha.

Cheers

hes got to be our ringer next year haha 

2 hours ago, underdog said:

Cheers

Did Kenny Hopwood or the woman who helped save the life of the person who collapsed in the RRE get such formal recognition. 

If not they'd be other good places to start. 

9 hours ago, BP1960 said:

How about inviting the Failsworth raised richest man in the UK to a  game? I'm sure he'd like to meet AL and vice versa.

Splash out a bit of Simon Wood hospitality on him and you never know he might chip in with a few bob.

Christ. Give it a rest. We had a thread of this. Talk about tenuous links.

11 hours ago, underdog said:

I can't remember the technical/legal bit of it all, but it was to document again who owned what in shares when the transfer of ownership was done in January, solicitors/correct legal paperwork and the change correctly documented at companies house. They are cat B shares.

it does go a bit whoosh over my head...tbh. Maybe Jorvik and LL will come along and clarify it better than me

Its the clubs own articles of association that was written with regards to voting at boardroom level it's a equal parity vote one vote per board member. Hence when the legality process of the removal of a director was sought, paperwork issued and an EGM called, there were only 3 people who could vote, Al, Brooke and Corney. I think it's safe to say it was a 2:1 vote for removal.

Not much cost there then really. 

9 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Did Kenny Hopwood or the woman who helped save the life of the person who collapsed in the RRE get such formal recognition. 

If not they'd be other good places to start. 

I know Kenny as a fan first and he's now on the trust board. He would very much say it's his job,  I Know he also advises the club on first aid issues/updates for free and has pushed for defibrillators at our ground and stands in on match days as a standby med. I know of three emergencies he's attended to when at matches he is very much an unsung hero...so you never know...however looking like and having hair like Fellani does get him some grief...heheh

the lady you spoke of won fan of the year at last season end of season awards. She was there on the night.

Edited by underdog

1 hour ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Not much cost there then really. 

Maybe not, it's the gesture really rather than the fans money paying for it..the fans money being the Trust money we look after.

Edited by underdog
Fans money trust looks after

11 hours ago, LaticsLegend said:

Christ. Give it a rest. We had a thread of this. Talk about tenuous links.

I suggest you get out of bed the right side in future, it might improve your grumpiness. ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I have. I'm not sure why it matters how much. I'm sure it's the gesture that counts

It seems to matter to you a lot more than to me. Tracey was listing all the items of 'significant' expenditure. I queried 2 of that list. 

Gestures do not = significance. 

Can someone please hang around a bank until they meet AL who just happens to be there with a truckload of money that he’ll let them watch him lodge, to pay for Championship quality lawnmower fuel, please? 

Then I can get back to trying to forget about Latics for a while until next season. I try... but fail. 

So someone please go to the bank then teeet about it and we’ll all be grand. 

Edited by Nohairdontcare

7 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

Can someone please hang around a bank until they meet AL who just happens to be there with a truckload of money that he’ll let them watch him lodge, to pay for Championship quality lawnmower fuel, please? 

Then I can get back to trying to forget about Latics for a while until next season. I try... but fail. 

So someone please go to the bank then teeet about it and we’ll all be grand. 

When we look back, I think Peak Corney will be the time he got accidentally seen in the bank in Royton and explained that he'd raided his kids piggy bank and sold his kidney to raise money for Latics.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, leeslover said:

When we look back, I think Peak Corney will be the time he got accidentally seen in the bank in Royton and explained that he'd raided his kids piggy bank and sold his kidney to raise money for Latics.

Did Corney ever put any funding into the club or was this one of those things he promised but didnt deliver on.

51 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Did Corney ever put any funding into the club or was this one of those things he promised but didnt deliver on.

Don't know if he ever did, but it's not obvious that he had business interests other than Latics after he was finished with the OEC.

On 26/05/2018 at 9:47 PM, oafc1000 said:

Seriously if you hear a rumour that we can't afford petrol for the mowers and believe it there is no hope. Here's something we do know as a fact. A.L told sports direct (apparently the biggest Sponsership deal we have ever had) to shove their money so we could call Boundary Park Boundary Park again. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be doing that if we didn't have 60 quid for some diesel.

100% there was no cash for the petrol. That does not mean AL is broke, just the club didn't have the funds for it.

It may be a case of AL needing to allow more cash for day to day purchases.

Edited by Clifford

2 hours ago, Clifford said:

100% there was no cash for the petrol. That does not mean AL is broke, just the club didn't have the funds for it.

It may be a case of AL needing to allow more cash for day to day purchases.

So it was possible a admin error? No funds in a certain account? We have had pages and pages of lawn mowers stories for this revelation. Couldn’t we have started with this???‍♂️