New Palyer Due in Today

9 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

I think his last league appearance was in 2015. 

I get the fondness for Jose. I'm just not that excited to see him come in if it means we're selling Byrne and I don't see both fitting in the same team.

Especially given that there's no guarantee Baxter will simply pick up where he left off with us. I think that's a fairly optimistic viewpoint. 

So yeah, I'm firmly on the "hold on to Byrne" for dear life train, even if it means Baxter doesn't sign.

Hold onto Byrne for dear life - really???

Along with the rest of last seasons shower I honestly couldn't care a jot if he and about a dozen others moved on to the bigger and better things they have planned for themselves, for all Baxters indiscretions theres no way you could turn down an opportunity for him to sign, I want players who play for the badge, who have a real affiliation for the club and fans and are here to give there all, Baxter fits that mould for me and he's also a joy to watch.

1 hour ago, underdog said:

I can confirm the playershare committee have been approached by the manager with the approval of Al, for a release of funds.

The Playershare kitty is not overrunning but with your continuing support no matter how little, regular donor, one of contributor or Easyfundrasing online shopping, OWTB predication league, will help us to replenish it with this signing.

Its a fresh outlook that the club wants us fans to get involved right away and this early, rather than scared to admit we are skint and we don't really want to help promote the scheme.

Playershare represents the "present" part of the Trust mantra. That we should celebrate our past (former players), present (a current player), and future...Generation X of fans.

A big thank you to all those who have contributed so far and we are looking for more fans to be involved on the playershare commitee, so if you are interested, throw me a line

Thanks

Sorry Tracey, I may be having a slow day here, but I'm not following entirely.... Playershare has been approached by Richie - great, that's why I contribute - what's the "scared to admit we're skint" bit about?

Are we [Playershare] skint, or we [OAFC 2004 Ltd / Mr Lemsagam] skint, hence Playershare has been approached? Or, are we [either entity] both skint or not skint at all.....?

Why in this instance has Playershare been approached?

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Sorry Tracey, I may be having a slow day here, but I'm not following entirely.... Playershare has been approached by Richie - great, that's why I contribute - what's the "scared to admit we're skint" bit about?

Are we [Playershare] skint, or we [OAFC 2004 Ltd / Mr Lemsagam] skint, hence Playershare has been approached? Or, are we [either entity] both skint or not skint at all.....?

Why in this instance has Playershare been approached?

I'm only guessing but perhaps RW and AL see it as a gesture  getting the fans involved. Lets face it the amount playershare hands over won't go very far. Doing it early shows that it's not because of the money.

12 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I'm only guessing but perhaps RW and AL see it as a gesture  getting the fans involved. Lets face it the amount playershare hands over won't go very far. Doing it early shows that it's not because of the money.

That's what I’m hoping Tracey was getting at....  but the more times I read the post, the less I was coming to that conclusion!?!

Edited by lookersstandandy

5 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

That's what I’m hoping Tracey was getting at....  but the more times I read the post, the less I was coming to that conclusion!?!

I'm taking it that the fund isn't being used as a last resort for the first time.

Just now, dec666 said:

I'm taking it that the fund isn't being used as a last resort for the first time.

Which is also what I would like to take from it..... especially if Playershare has been approached because said Player would be seen as a fans favourite? - Hopefully Tracey can clear some of that up in due course?