Ryan McLaughlin

1 hour ago, Boys in Blue said:

Played for NI yesterday. Was he injured towards the end of the year? Seems odd that he’d risk get injured again- when he’s effectively out of contract- to play an international friendly.

Anyone know?

He hasnt played since about January and he is technically out of contract, so why wouldnt he put himself in the shop window representing at international level?

I cant for one second why anyone would turn down the opportunity to play international football incase it risks an injury when youve 3 months until the new season starts and youre fully fit!

36 minutes ago, Boys in Blue said:

Listening to Wellens, I think he might be the one who turned down reduced terms. Heavily linked with Millwall at Christmas.

Doubt we offered reduced terms, would mean we wouldn’t get anything for him due to his age. 

11 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

We can offer him reduced terms. He can just tell us to fuck off, and then walk away.

The point I think that is being made is if we don’t match the existing contract, we wouldn’t be entitled to a fee when he signs for another club ! So it would be daft to not match it when suitors are apparently sniffing around him. He can do one for me anyway. 

6 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

The point I think that is being made is if we don’t match the existing contract, we wouldn’t be entitled to a fee when he signs for another club ! So it would be daft to not match it when suitors are apparently sniffing around him. He can do one for me anyway. 

He's probably on decentish money so offering him a deal on those terms would be stupid as he downed tools months ago, we probably offered him a deal based on what he offered last season so it will be next to nothing. He's history anyway and will probably get himself a decent deal at another club, shame really as he has the potential to play at an higher level.

12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He's probably on decentish money so offering him a deal on those terms would be stupid as he downed tools months ago, we probably offered him a deal based on what he offered last season so it will be next to nothing. He's history anyway and will probably get himself a decent deal at another club, shame really as he has the potential to play at an higher level.

It could be seen as a risk, however I’m fairly certain he would not sign for us if it’s true championship clubs are interested. Would it not just be a matter of formality for the club to offer the same to ensure we would get a fee ? Or are fees that are set by tribunals not worth that risk ?