Liverpool v Oldham FA Cup 27th Feb 1977

Anyone else catch the highlights this morning on BT Sports The Big Match Revisited?  Caught the last minute and managed to miss the disputed penalty, and any action from Alan Groves   Seem to remember Ian Wood clearly getting the ball.  Would live to have seen it again.  Think this was the year that Liverpool went on to wing the League and European Cup.

2 hours ago, Flemboy said:

I went to that game.Great goal from Jimmy Case for them at the Kop End.

Jimmy Case. All I can think of is him refusing to shake his former Brighton team mate's [Andy Ritchie] hand after the League Cup Q/F 2-2 draw at the Dell in 1990. #c*nt

Edited by lookersstandandy

2 hours ago, phoenix blue and tangerine said:

Trying to get back to the coach after the game was "interesting" to say the least!

You’re lucky, me (10 at the time) and my 40 year old dad were threatened with knives in their main stand paddock. There were thousands there from Oldham but not much in the way of segregation! 

19 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

I went to that game too, my one and only visit to Anfield. I stood on the Kop (tourist I admit) and had to keep very quiet when David Shaw scored!

so was i with my dad and Bro must admit we did jump about when shaw scored  but was looked after by a large group of older scousers so had no bother other than my scarf  getting nicked  dont think many of em were that interested i a small 12 yo 

On 30/05/2018 at 11:28 PM, Maurice Maurice said:

I went on a trip from Fitton hill school to the game . Hicks was marking Tosh and Hurst was on Keegan.

I was on that trip, on reflection chucking a 13 year old (as I was) off the coach near Stanley Park to make their own way to the game saying we'll meet you back here afterwards didn't meet the highest standards of running a school trip and pupil safety..... Saw feck all of the game either as by the time I got in all the places on the wall pitchside for young un's were taken and I was about 4 foot 5... Saw more on the tv highlights the day after.