Welcome back Jose Baxter

Excellent news. Contrary to what some folk belief, he's been keeping fit and has turned out a number of times for Everton U23s. Get a good pre-season into him and we've got a cracking player. And, to be honest, I wouldn't be that upset to see Byrne go. We all know that Byrne  can throw a hissy fit when things don't go his way and, while he is a very talented footballer, I'm not convinced he and Baxter can play together. Time will tell and we could end up with a midfield that tears League 2 apart, with or without Byrne. Baxter could be the perfect partner for McEleney if he hits the form he's supposed to have.

In his latest IFollow interviews Wellens says the club hasn't had a single bit of interest in any of our contracted players. I would genuinely be surprised to see Byrne go. He won't come cheap and will be after £6,000 + a week. I can't see anyone matching that - his performances since January haven't warranted that kind of outlay.

Great signing and glad to see him back. 

He will give support to our strikers as well as bagging a few himself including free kicks and taking pens

Time for any disruptive player to knuckle under or get out of our club.

We need team players giving their collective all and no billy big bollox or passengers

17 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

He will give support to our strikers as well as bagging a few himself including free kicks and taking pens

We need team players giving their collective all and no billy big bollox or passengers

Agreed Flemboy and I wonder who that disruptive player might be. Maybe his initials are JB. 

18 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

As long as he doesn't try that Pirlo shit again.

Just now, Dave_Og said:

Why? 

From what I've heard he's on a decent wedge here as there were multiple other clubs interested in January. He's got 2 years left on his deal so the fee will be fairly hefty (assuming AL has some financial clout). He's struggled to replicate the form he showed in his loan spell. Who's going to take him? 

If he has a relegation release clause then obviously my point is completely moot, but that isn't clear at the moment.

Ripley 

hunt.            .      Edmundson.        Stott

McLaughlin  bryne Bryan Gardner mceleny 

Jose baby

Doyle 

Just now, latics22 said:

Ripley 

Jose baby

Doyle 

No Hamer?

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

From what I've heard he's on a decent wedge here as there were multiple other clubs interested in January. He's got 2 years left on his deal so the fee will be fairly hefty (assuming AL has some financial clout). He's struggled to replicate the form he showed in his loan spell. Who's going to take him? 

If he has a relegation release clause then obviously my point is completely moot, but that isn't clear at the moment.

Personally I would hope he has got a release clause and that someone will come in and give us money to take the little piece of shit off our hands. He’s caused trouble in the dressing room at every club he’s been at so far so it might be to much an ask. We can all live and pray that he goes sooner than later. 

35 minutes ago, leeslover said:

So is he playing number 10 with Big Lump/first half last season Davies? Him, Byrne and McEleney looks like at least one too many in midfield. Problems problems...

And not to mention Gardner and McLaughin.

4 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Ripley 

Jose baby

Doyle 

You can replace Hunt for Hamer because Hunt won’t be here much longer he’s leaving. Also McLaughlin has refused his reduced terms so he will be off as well. Ripley and Doyle would be good to acquire however to get them might require a minor miracle. 

Edited by Smiler13

3 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

You can replace Hunt for Hamer because Hunt won’t be here much longer he’s leaving. Also McLaughlin has refused his reduced terms so he will be off as well. Ripley and Doyle would be good to acquire however to get them might require a minor miracle. 

I didn’t actually want McLaughlin in just thought he’d bring a bit of balance 

Just now, Smiler13 said:

McLaughlin has refused his reduced terms so he’s off

I personally think he’s been a bit of cunt sat on his arse all season picking up a pay packet. He owes us another season, but he can go for me! Never fit!

2 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I personally think he’s been a bit of cunt sat on his arse all season picking up a pay packet. He owes us another season, but he can go for me! Never fit!

Bar a few games when he played make shift striker the season before last I think he’s massively overrated and quite happy to see him go and have a non career elsewhere 

6 minutes ago, latics22 said:

He played for Northern Ireland in Panama last night.