Welcome back Jose Baxter

27 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

McLaughlin has refused his reduced terms so he’s off

I'd be very surprised if we have offered him reduced terms. 

If we offer the same terms in writing we'd get a fee if he stays in England (he's not 24 until September). 

I wouldn't be surprised if he left but I seriously doubt we will have offered reduced terms. 

45 minutes ago, Ryan said:

From what I've heard he's on a decent wedge here as there were multiple other clubs interested in January. He's got 2 years left on his deal so the fee will be fairly hefty (assuming AL has some financial clout). He's struggled to replicate the form he showed in his loan spell. Who's going to take him? 

If he has a relegation release clause then obviously my point is completely moot, but that isn't clear at the moment.

So the 6k figure just an entirely random guess. 

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

So the 6k figure just an entirely random guess. 

Nope. Byrne is on £5k a week here (so I've been told). He's not going to take a pay-cut especially when the only club he's been linked with so far, Peterborough, are nearly 200 miles away.

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Where has this idea that Byrne is a big troublemaker come from? Him throwing his arms in the air a couple of times?

It's a bit more than that. He's "previous" at all his other clubs apparently so it's fair to assume that he's the same with us. He's put one tackle in in all the games I've seen him so it's bound to cause a little disquiet amongst his peers to say the least when he bawls them out when they don't pass to him.

12 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Where has this idea that Byrne is a big troublemaker come from? Him throwing his arms in the air a couple of times?

From other Clubs he’s had the good fortune to play for. Ask Wigan about him. 

Bastard Wellens. i am still really angry and have not entertained returning until at very least August. Now you pull a fast one and get Baxter to sign.

arghhhh!

welcome back Jose. i've missed my love-in with you.

bye bye Jack.

18 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I'm talking about with us.

Have you seen the shit he gives Wellens regularly and his team mates at times, gone after him in quite an aggressve manner a couple of times too which in my book is unacceptable, it's well known within the game he is trouble and there is not a chance he'd get away with the way he behaves at any other club.

I've been a bit gloomy since the relegation but I can honestly say I'm absolutely buzzing that Jose is back.

We have been served up some shite over the years so when Jose came in and showed us that class which had seen him hailed as a young Rooney, he won all our hearts. It's crazy to think he was only here for less than a year with the impact he had on the fans.  I was heartbroken when he left us for Sheff Utd.

I am a big Wellens out advocate but I must say fair play to him and Lemsagam for getting this over the line.

It's been a bad month, but this Is a massive step in the right direction.

Welcome home Jose.

Now how would we fit him in with the players we have and the players we are linked with?

I rather like the idea of 3-4-3 with the following personnel (I'm sure some choices will have agreement and some the opposite):

GK

(TBA)

Hamer - Clarke - Edmundson

Dummigan - Fane - Gardner - LWB

(Hopefully Moimbe)

Baxter - CF - Byrne

(Hopefully Dennis)

Right, the door is open for discussion, complaints, moans & groans...……..just keep it polite...……...it's an opinion!!!

You don't have to like it but tell why you don't like it.

1 minute ago, mikejh45 said:

Now how would we fit him in with the players we have and the players we are linked with?

I rather like the idea of 3-4-3 with the following personnel (I'm sure some choices will have agreement and some the opposite):

GK

(TBA)

Hamer - Clarke - Edmundson

Dummigan - Fane - Gardner - LWB

(Hopefully Moimbe)

Baxter - CF - Byrne

(Hopefully Dennis)

Right, the door is open for discussion, complaints, moans & groans...……..just keep it polite...……...it's an opinion!!!

You don't have to like it but tell why you don't like it.

I’d ask him where he wants to play and play him there tbh. Fill anyone else in around him. 

1 minute ago, jorvik_latic said:

I’d ask him where he wants to play and play him there tbh. Fill anyone else in around him. 

That was my thinking when I put two ball playing attacking players either side of a CF. There was never an intention to restrict them in that area...….and both are interchangeable.

Last time I saw him play and it was against us in a blunts shirt. Looked more of a sweeper defensive mid role and it was a painful to watch. 

i don't want to see him in that role what a waste, I want to see him on the attack or contributing to an attack.

his mindset seems to be right at the moment with regards to wanting to help us get back up.

now we just need to shift some players on to get some new players in. We must be near to a threshold. Anyone know what it is with regards to squad size?

Edited by underdog

1 hour ago, Simpo said:

MpuOWgf.png

I love what Jose has tweeted. He seems to have the right attitude to get us back up to division 1. It seems he wants to work with Wellens. That’s more than can be said for another midfielder at the club.

Finally something to be excited about. He's kept himself fit, he'll be rejuvenated and more importantly he'll be desperate to prove himself. Hopefully a few more to come in, even if it means a few out and we're laughing. A keeper and a recognised striker and we are good to go. 

39 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

That was my thinking when I put two ball playing attacking players either side of a CF. There was never an intention to restrict them in that area...….and both are interchangeable.

Yeah, not a criticism of what you said, just what I’d do. 

Seriously, just build a team around him.