Welcome back Jose Baxter

2 minutes ago, Handsy said:

At least one experienced  centre half 28 to 30 yrsold  good organiser  asi think Clarke and Gerrard  are to old   Now

28-30 ? So let’s say we get that 30 year old , Do we then fuck him off halfway through the season when he gets to 31 ? Gerrard is 31 ffs. Clarke I grant you is dead now ! 

19 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

28-30 ? So let’s say we get that 30 year old , Do we then fuck him off halfway through the season when he gets to 31 ? Gerrard is 31 ffs. Clarke I grant you is dead now ! 

Gerrards 33in feb and slow ffs

21 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

23 minutes ago, Handsy said:

Gerrards 33in feb and slow ffs

Glad you quoted it twice and then wedged the reply in the middle ffs. Gerrard is a good player at league one level let alone league two. Will be more than adequate next to a younger more mobile lad , who could be well served by being talked through the game by an experienced pro who’s played mostly at championship level. 

Gerrard is the least of our worriers IMO FFS !! ????

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

19 minutes ago, johnafoafc said:

Excellent signing, hopefully RW will be able to find the best position for him in the team for him to prosper. Will never forget his free kick at Forest. 

Or the one at home to Preston that had that twat Westley stomping around like a basket case. Oh, sorry, he IS a basket case.

2 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Glad you quoted it twice and then wedged the reply in the middle ffs. Gerrard is a good player at league one level let alone league two. Will be more than adequate next to a younger more mobile lad , who could be well served by being talked through the game by an experienced pro who’s played mostly at championship level. 

Gerrard is the least of our worriers IMO FFS !! ????

Gerrard had his large arse carried by kids the last few games. Clarke would I think get into most if not all teams at Our level and is ideal to bring the young players along.

Whats important is that if we have 2 of Byrne Baxter and Mceleney at the club playing then we need a couple of players who can make runs for them to pick out. 

I cant for the life of me see Byrne and Baxter play in the same team. Think Byrne will be off.

7 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Just so you know, in youthspeak, dead can mean excellent these days.

Just need to get Doyle in now. He would be on the same wave length as Jose anticipating the through balls and would score loads. One thing that bothers me is the comment in the Liverpool Echo which says that he would have played more games in the development team if he had not struggled with some niggling injuries.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jose-baxter-leaves-everton-join-14725789

24 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Just need to get Doyle in now. He would be on the same wave length as Jose anticipating the through balls and would score loads. One thing that bothers me is the comment in the Liverpool Echo which says that he would have played more games in the development team if he had not struggled with some niggling injuries.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jose-baxter-leaves-everton-join-14725789

Apparently 5 league 1 teams in for Doyle, I can't see it happening but would be good.

Dennis is worth a bid if AL is willing to invest, Notts County just had bid rejected. I haven't seen much of him but he scored 21 in a shite chesterfield team last season. Nixon on Twitter reckons us Port Vale and County all in the mix for him. 

8 hours ago, leeslover said:

Gerrard had his large arse carried by kids the last few games. Clarke would I think get into most if not all teams at Our level and is ideal to bring the young players along.

Gerrard wasn't 100% or didn't play the last few games meaning the kids had to play. I'm not sure which one I'd take over the other but one thing we can take from the start of last season is, they can't both play.

Edited by Bobledgersheart
grammar

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

Whatever it is I’d wager he is about 50 yards out of position.

1 hour ago, ShireBlue said:

I hope negotiations involved the words “were getting the old gang back together”.

What’s Reece Wabara up to these days?

Released by Bolton

If we didn't have Hamer and Dummigan I would actually take him, not required though. 

50 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Apparently 5 league 1 teams in for Doyle, I can't see it happening but would be good.

Dennis is worth a bid if AL is willing to invest, Notts County just had bid rejected. I haven't seen much of him but he scored 21 in a shite chesterfield team last season. Nixon on Twitter reckons us Port Vale and County all in the mix for him. 

I wasn't impressed with Dennis when I saw him play quite a few games for Macc. He was carrying a few pounds, maybe he's slimmed down and speeded up playing in the football league.

18 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Released by Bolton

If we didn't have Hamer and Dummigan I would actually take him, not required though. 

Didn't Wabara retire and become an entrepreneur?

Turning over £1mil a week apparently 

https://versus.uk.com/2017/11/reece-wabara-went-england-u20-international-ceo-maniere-de-voir/

Edited by PlayItLivo

2 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

He was doing that while he was playing. He then got wound up that teams wouldn't offer him higher contracts as he was seen as a 'successful businessman who didn't need the money'.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/10/18/whatever-happened-to-reece-wabara-who-couldve-been-playing-for-l/ 

I wonder... If I didn't have a successful business, would I still be a free agent although I got in TOTY and promoted with two clubs

— Reece Wabara (@ReeceWabara) September 1, 2016

Yet my "desire" is questioned? I get disrespectful offers due to the fact I have other income. I'm a man of principles and that's not right.

I've been asked countless times, why didn't you stay at Wigan, You had a great season? Your guess is as good as mine.

Catch 22. You use your brain and create something for the long term, but your desire for football gets questioned? Accolades don't lie

Some people say to me. You only do short term contracts. 6 months at Barnsley on 0 salary/pay as you play. 6 months at Wigan not my choice.

If any of you would sign a contract for longer than 6 months where you only get paid if you play. Speak up.

So in regards to my "desire" The first 6 months of the season I was on 0 salary. Find another player who's done that for the love of ⚽️

People say. "You don't need to play now your business does well" Do players on 100k a week need to play? Does their desire get questioned?