Jump to content
sjk2008

Welcome back Jose Baxter

Recommended Posts

At least one experienced  centre half 28 to 30 yrsold  good organiser  asi think Clarke and Gerrard  are to old   Now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Handsy said:

At least one experienced  centre half 28 to 30 yrsold  good organiser  asi think Clarke and Gerrard  are to old   Now

28-30 ? So let’s say we get that 30 year old , Do we then fuck him off halfway through the season when he gets to 31 ? Gerrard is 31 ffs. Clarke I grant you is dead now ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

28-30 ? So let’s say we get that 30 year old , Do we then fuck him off halfway through the season when he gets to 31 ? Gerrard is 31 ffs. Clarke I grant you is dead now ! 

Gerrards 33in feb and slow ffs

 

21 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

28-30 ? So let’s say we get that 30 year old , Do we then fuck him off halfway through the season when he gets to 31 ? Gerrard is 31 ffs. Clarke I grant you is dead now ! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent signing, hopefully RW will be able to find the best position for him in the team for him to prosper. Will never forget his free kick at Forest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Handsy said:

Gerrards 33in feb and slow ffs

 

 

Glad you quoted it twice and then wedged the reply in the middle ffs. Gerrard is a good player at league one level let alone league two. Will be more than adequate next to a younger more mobile lad , who could be well served by being talked through the game by an experienced pro who’s played mostly at championship level. 

Gerrard is the least of our worriers IMO FFS !! ????

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, johnafoafc said:

Excellent signing, hopefully RW will be able to find the best position for him in the team for him to prosper. Will never forget his free kick at Forest. 

Or the one at home to Preston that had that twat Westley stomping around like a basket case. Oh, sorry, he IS a basket case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Glad you quoted it twice and then wedged the reply in the middle ffs. Gerrard is a good player at league one level let alone league two. Will be more than adequate next to a younger more mobile lad , who could be well served by being talked through the game by an experienced pro who’s played mostly at championship level. 

Gerrard is the least of our worriers IMO FFS !! ????

Gerrard had his large arse carried by kids the last few games. Clarke would I think get into most if not all teams at Our level and is ideal to bring the young players along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whats important is that if we have 2 of Byrne Baxter and Mceleney at the club playing then we need a couple of players who can make runs for them to pick out. 

 

I cant for the life of me see Byrne and Baxter play in the same team. Think Byrne will be off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

28-30 ? So let’s say we get that 30 year old , Do we then fuck him off halfway through the season when he gets to 31 ? Gerrard is 31 ffs. Clarke I grant you is dead now ! 

Just so you know, in youthspeak, dead can mean excellent these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope negotiations involved the words “were getting the old gang back together”.

 

What’s Reece Wabara up to these days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

I hope negotiations involved the words “were getting the old gang back together”.

 

What’s Reece Wabara up to these days?

Dressed as Jake and Elwood: "We're on a mission from God".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just need to get Doyle in now. He would be on the same wave length as Jose anticipating the through balls and would score loads. One thing that bothers me is the comment in the Liverpool Echo which says that he would have played more games in the development team if he had not struggled with some niggling injuries.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jose-baxter-leaves-everton-join-14725789

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Just need to get Doyle in now. He would be on the same wave length as Jose anticipating the through balls and would score loads. One thing that bothers me is the comment in the Liverpool Echo which says that he would have played more games in the development team if he had not struggled with some niggling injuries.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jose-baxter-leaves-everton-join-14725789

 

Apparently 5 league 1 teams in for Doyle, I can't see it happening but would be good.

 

Dennis is worth a bid if AL is willing to invest, Notts County just had bid rejected. I haven't seen much of him but he scored 21 in a shite chesterfield team last season. Nixon on Twitter reckons us Port Vale and County all in the mix for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, leeslover said:

Gerrard had his large arse carried by kids the last few games. Clarke would I think get into most if not all teams at Our level and is ideal to bring the young players along.

Gerrard wasn't 100% or didn't play the last few games meaning the kids had to play. I'm not sure which one I'd take over the other but one thing we can take from the start of last season is, they can't both play.

Edited by Bobledgersheart
grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShireBlue said:

I hope negotiations involved the words “were getting the old gang back together”.

 

What’s Reece Wabara up to these days?

Whatever it is I’d wager he is about 50 yards out of position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

Whatever it is I’d wager he is about 50 yards out of position.

 

1 hour ago, ShireBlue said:

I hope negotiations involved the words “were getting the old gang back together”.

 

What’s Reece Wabara up to these days?

 

Released by Bolton

 

If we didn't have Hamer and Dummigan I would actually take him, not required though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

 

Apparently 5 league 1 teams in for Doyle, I can't see it happening but would be good.

 

Dennis is worth a bid if AL is willing to invest, Notts County just had bid rejected. I haven't seen much of him but he scored 21 in a shite chesterfield team last season. Nixon on Twitter reckons us Port Vale and County all in the mix for him. 

I wasn't impressed with Dennis when I saw him play quite a few games for Macc. He was carrying a few pounds, maybe he's slimmed down and speeded up playing in the football league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

 

 

Released by Bolton

 

If we didn't have Hamer and Dummigan I would actually take him, not required though. 

 

Didn't Wabara retire and become an entrepreneur?

 

Turning over £1mil a week apparently 

 

https://versus.uk.com/2017/11/reece-wabara-went-england-u20-international-ceo-maniere-de-voir/

Edited by PlayItLivo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

 

He was doing that while he was playing. He then got wound up that teams wouldn't offer him higher contracts as he was seen as a 'successful businessman who didn't need the money'.

 

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/10/18/whatever-happened-to-reece-wabara-who-couldve-been-playing-for-l/ 

I wonder... If I didn't have a successful business, would I still be a free agent although I got in TOTY and promoted with two clubs

— Reece Wabara (@ReeceWabara) September 1, 2016

Yet my "desire" is questioned? I get disrespectful offers due to the fact I have other income. I'm a man of principles and that's not right.

— Reece Wabara (@ReeceWabara) September 1, 2016

I've been asked countless times, why didn't you stay at Wigan, You had a great season? Your guess is as good as mine.

— Reece Wabara (@ReeceWabara) September 1, 2016

Catch 22. You use your brain and create something for the long term, but your desire for football gets questioned? Accolades don't lie

— Reece Wabara (@ReeceWabara) September 1, 2016

Some people say to me. You only do short term contracts. 6 months at Barnsley on 0 salary/pay as you play. 6 months at Wigan not my choice.

— Reece Wabara (@ReeceWabara) September 1, 2016

If any of you would sign a contract for longer than 6 months where you only get paid if you play. Speak up.

— Reece Wabara (@ReeceWabara) September 1, 2016

So in regards to my "desire" The first 6 months of the season I was on 0 salary. Find another player who's done that for the love of ⚽️

— Reece Wabara (@ReeceWabara) September 1, 2016

People say. "You don't need to play now your business does well" Do players on 100k a week need to play? Does their desire get questioned?

— Reece Wabara (@ReeceWabara) September 1, 2016

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, losesome said:

I suspect this will clear the way for Byrne to leave.

welcome back Jose.

 

Squadophobia makes a rapid, early return.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, leeslover said:

So is he playing number 10 with Big Lump/first half last season Davies? Him, Byrne and McEleney looks like at least one too many in midfield. Problems problems...

 

Not you aswell. 

 

Say it ain't so :lol:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...