Jump to content
sjk2008

Welcome back Jose Baxter

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

 

Squadophobia makes a rapid, early return.....

 

1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

 

Not you aswell. 

 

Say it ain't so :lol:

 

 

Go on then, give us your tippy-tappy, cruyff turney show pony eleven...... :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lookersstandandy said:

 

 

Go on then, give us your tippy-tappy, cruyff turney show pony eleven...... :lol:

 

SQUADophobia - they don't all have to be on the pitch at the same time. 

 

We'll play 50+ games next season. Players will get injured or have periods of poor form at points. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

 

SQUADophobia - they don't all have to be on the pitch at the same time. 

 

We'll play 50+ games next season. Players will get injured or have periods of poor form at points. 

 

 

Hard to imagine one of Baxter or Byrne not starting though innit. The thought of them both being on the pitch opening game of the season is mildly arousing..... I just can't see it happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, leeslover said:

Gerrard had his large arse carried by kids the last few games. Clarke would I think get into most if not all teams at Our level and is ideal to bring the young players along.

 

Didn't catch the worst team in league one at the end of last season. Loaned out by another relegated side on top of that. 

Edited by Clifford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

 

Hard to imagine one of Baxter or Byrne not starting though innit. The thought of them both being on the pitch opening game of the season is mildly arousing..... I just can't see it happening.

 

Baxter is a forward, Byrne a midfielder 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

 

Baxter is a forward, Byrne a midfielder 

 

I'd say the optimal position for both is in the hole between the midfielders and the strikers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

 

Hard to imagine one of Baxter or Byrne not starting though innit. The thought of them both being on the pitch opening game of the season is mildly arousing..... I just can't see it happening.

 

3 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

 

Baxter is a forward, Byrne a midfielder 

 

Forget the notion about playing a big lump up front and pair Doyle with Baxter and drop Byrne into the hole behind with Bryan as DM, bring in Mills as centre back and Ripley in the nets... now there’s our spine for next season... add to that Gardner, Hunt, Dummigan, Hamer and  Edmundson

 

*wakes up and realises it was all a dream...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

 

Baxter is a forward, Byrne a midfielder 

 

In a traditional 20th century 4-4-2, I would be inclined to agree with you..... sadly, the modern day coach whom dispenses with wingers in order to play narrow, is likely to want to use both of them in the role behind a lone striker, or worse still stick one of them right or left in their narrow midfield..... just like Richie kept doing when persisting with Doyle up top on his tod - even though it was obvious to a novice that his goals had come from being in a two with a big lad - and Byrne and Nazon as pseudo wide men. Drives me potty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of talk about Doyle.

 

I'm not even arsed now Baxter is back (not saying I wouldn't be happy to sign him).

 

Baxter off Davies or a similar type could score as many as Doyle...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

 

 

.....pair Doyle with Baxter......

 

I don't think that would work..... it's one of Doyle or Baxter with a Davies/Holloway that I think we need..... otherwise the long punts forward, which we will be doing, won't stick.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

Baxter off Davies or a similar type could score as many as Doyle...

Doyle would score more playing off Quarmby. 

 

Cannot see how Doyle would look at coming to division 4 given he could still do a job in the champ. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

A lot of talk about Doyle.

 

I'm not even arsed now Baxter is back (not saying I wouldn't be happy to sign him).

 

Baxter off Davies or a similar type could score as many as Doyle...

 

I agree..... I'll just be surprised if Byrne gets in behind them - in the position he wants to and we want him to play...... Richie will have him wasted at Right midfield and keep hauling him off after 60 mins for a f*kin Kundai Benyu...... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Clifford said:

 

Cannot see how Doyle would look at coming to division 4 given he could still do a job in the champ. 

 

He's not..... and we've got Baxter..... move on.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

 

I agree..... I'll just be surprised if Byrne gets in behind them - in the position he wants to and we want him to play...... Richie will have him wasted at Right midfield and keep hauling him off after 60 mins for a f*kin Kundai Benyu...... 

 

Benyu has gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They were all great players had they done what they should have done in the first place but all this talk of keeping some of these prima Donna's who'll get kicked to shit in the tough competitive world of league two is futile 

We don't need them and truth be known if they had the least bit of decency they wouldn't need begging to stay, they should all be first in the queue to put right the collective wrong they have done to this club and its fans. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

They were all great players had they done what they should have done in the first place but all this talk of keeping some of these prima Donna's who'll get kicked to shit in the tough competitive world of league two is futile 

We don't need them and truth be known if they had the least bit of decency they wouldn't need begging to stay, they should all be first in the queue to put right the collective wrong they have done to this club and its fans. 

 

They’re not fans of the club they are employees in a job like everyone else.

If your company had a bad year and they asked you to take a 30% pay cut to try and put it right but you had much better job offers elsewhere....what would you do?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

 

They’re not fans of the club they are employees in a job like everyone else.

If your company had a bad year and they asked you to take a 30% pay cut to try and put it right but you had much better job offers elsewhere....what would you do?

 

This is where life has gone wrong, no bloody loyalty or honour in anything, especially employment. 

Christ I'm 56 and have worked since I left school at 16 and have had three jobs in all that time, crap money but loyal to each and every one of those firms. 

If someone is paying you money no matter how small the amount, don't you think that you should still warrant your position and most of all be true to yourself? 

If you can't look at yourself in the mirror and say you gave your all each time you clocked on then you shouldn't even be in a job 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

This is where life has gone wrong, no bloody loyalty or honour in anything, especially employment. 

Christ I'm 56 and have worked since I left school at 16 and have had three jobs in all that time, crap money but loyal to each and every one of those firms. 

If someone is paying you money no matter how small the amount, don't you think that you should still warrant your position and most of all be true to yourself? 

If you can't look at yourself in the mirror and say you gave your all each time you clocked on then you shouldn't even be in a job 

Loyalty is a two way street.

Personally & football wise.

Look how may players we have had in the past 10 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, singe said:

Loyalty is a two way street.

Personally & football wise.

Look how may players we have had in the past 10 years.

I was watching Latics early 70's when the side picked itself week in week out.

Football is a one way street and its all about grabbing bastards who spit their dummies out at the slightest thought of anything interfering with their jet-set lifestyle, the game is secondary now. 

Maybe a few of these softies should have a spell in rugby in order they don the shirt of Oldham Athletic with some pride 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps Paul Terry could have a word with John now that he has left Villa and offer him a new  challenge. Now that would be the defence sorted. I'll pull my tongue out of my cheek now!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought of a way we could get Byrne and Baxter into the same team

 

If we adopt the Man city approach of a 4-1-2-3 with Baxter and Byrne playing the roles of Silva and DeBruyne with Gardner sitting behind them.

 

If we get a couple of quick forwards either side of a number 9 who can make runs in behind for Byrne and Baxter to thread balls into the channels too it could work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

Thought of a way we could get Byrne and Baxter into the same team

 

If we adopt the Man city approach of a 4-1-2-3 with Baxter and Byrne playing the roles of Silva and DeBruyne with Gardner sitting behind them.

 

If we get a couple of quick forwards either side of a number 9 who can make runs in behind for Byrne and Baxter to thread balls into the channels too it could work

Byrne won't be here next season, so best have a rethink about that one 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...