Pre-season 2018

7 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Staying despite “not getting paid”.

pleased with this. Consistent, until that arrogant Manc dropped him for no reason whatsoever. 

He's ok not his biggest fan - believe one of the new lads is a left sided midfielder.

Edited by mick26

3 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

He plays off 2, so he has to be a decent golfer and may well be on a course he plays regularly. 

Maybe he should stick to golf rather than football then. He will never get a trial at Barcelona he’s not consistent enough. 

10 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Will the trust be looking into this?

Well I am literally looking at it....and I am one of the Trust team does this count?....hmmm I'm not too sure think I need to put up a poll..ha

Edited by underdog

First Friendly now only 6 days off...Ashton Utd Away.

Results and, to a lesser extent, performances are not that important in the first two or three games.

In my opinion, the first indication of what we might expect from the season ahead will come with the games against Forest and Preston. And even then I’m not convinced we’ll really know until ten games into the season.

Hopefully by the time we face the championship sides we will have refreshed the squad and have addressed the key areas of the spine of the team.

Looking forward to life in League 2.

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

First Friendly now only 6 days off...Ashton Utd Away.

Results and, to a lesser extent, performances are not that important in the first two or three games.

In my opinion, the first indication of what we might expect from the season ahead will come with the games against Forest and Preston. And even then I’m not convinced we’ll really know until ten games into the season.

Hopefully by the time we face the championship sides we will have refreshed the squad and have addressed the key areas of the spine of the team.

Looking forward to life in League 2.

We certainly knew 10 games into last season.

6 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Making my last post a positive one : the players absolutely love Frankie Bunn and Andy Rhodes...

Good to know. How are Baxter and Bryne getting on? If they can somehow play together then we should at least score a few....

11 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Making my last post a positive one : the players absolutely love Frankie Bunn and Andy Rhodes...

Just hope Bunn is given some dough to sign players then we can rise again having Andy Rhodes as assistant looks decent, lets just hope we are not on a road to no where !!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Hopefully they can keep Jack Byrne on side by treating him better than Wellens did - I would be gutted if he left.

18 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Hopefully they can keep Jack Byrne on side by treating him better than Wellens did - I would be gutted if he left.

Based on the Byrne of last season, I would be more than happy for him to move on. However I'm intrigued to see if Frankie can motivate him so we see the talent he has.

Edited by welshgaz

17 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Don't think Bunn or Rhodes with tolerate petulance so the balls firmly in Jack's court in that respect, Jack Byrne with his head on the game would be a tremendous asset in the division we are playing in, clean slates all round may well see an improvement in attitude, here's hoping.

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

That’s good to hear 

why  is it your last post?

not sure if you can answer this though, or it won’t have been your last post ?

3 hours ago, mickjagger said:

Just hope Bunn is given some dough to sign players then we can rise again having Andy Rhodes as assistant looks decent, lets just hope we are not on a road to no where !!!!!!!!!!!

Let’s just hope AL hasn’t buttered Bunn up and made him satisfied to keep the currant squad.