Doom & Gloom, Reality Check, Delusion, Optimism, Proudness, sentiment, Hope, Memories, Pinch me & Keep the faith !!!!

Thats me out of here for now.

I hope you all get the answers you are holding out for, I hope you are not disappointed with no real news of substance.

I will carry on reading posts but will rarely post myself.

I hope for all our sakes we have a good season and AL is the savior we all wish.

Remember to keep the faith !!!

Was devastated when we went down, remember my dad telling me when we went down from Prem “don’t worry, son, we’ll be back next year.”

I’ve had season ticket every year since, remember Lee Richardson’s brace against Grit & Curbishley’s Charlton on first game in Div 1 and thinking he was going to be right - how wrong he was! 

What upset me about going down is my dad took me in my 1st season when we was playing United, Arsenal and Liverpool, and I’m gonna be taking my 4 year old, for his 1st game, playing against Newport, Forest Green or Grimsby.

However, I’m proud we’ve signed a player that my kid will want on his shirt like Jose, and hope he’ll change my young son’s life life like Roger Palmer, Tricky Ricky and Paul Gerrard did when I was a kid.

I love this club, it goes towards making me the proud person I am, and I can’t wait for the new season with my Dad and my 4 year old!

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Thats the sort of dismissive comment I'd expect from the previous regime.

Not dismissive at all. Most 10th position downwards in league 1 clubs have a wage budget of £1.7mil. That’s before all the other costs of club pitch maintenance,signing on fees, insurances, general staff, debts, rent, catering, police costs. So in regards to your point even if every single ST holder was an adult still only works out at £810k, with children and family ST clearly less. So not really dismissive. 

2 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Not even breaking a million quid spread over the season doesn’t go far! 

We get much more from EFL solidarity payments than season ticket sales and always have. If A.L puts that money into the club instead of keeping most of it for himself as the previous owner did we will be in a much better position financially than we have been in previous years. Lets hope A.L uses the clubs money to run the club. If he does we should be fine.

5 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

At the end of the day we are like employees to an employer, I am just a number at work, its taken me a long time to come to terms with this, I am only told what I am wanted to know , nothing else....... if I push for information I may find my employer is less willing and communicates even less........... so I play the game....

I suppose as fans we are similar,,, we are just the fans, we pay to support our club, we are told certain things and certain things are kept in house, fans at times get angry and vent towards players, managers, chairmen, this never really ends well in the end......

I think we need to stop listening to certain rumors, accusations and gossip. They just promote a negativity which doesn't help. Ignore them and wait a few weeks, give the club chance to sort itself out because I'm sure like any business everything doesn't run swimmingly well 24/7.

We are a league 2 club now and we need to rebuild and the club does need to communicate better, yes but lets not put too much pressure on AL just yet.

This will be his first pre-season, lets see what he and the management team come up with, frustrating yes because we all want to know now,,,,

We have a right as paying fans to be communicated with I know this, but as I stated earlier, I feel as an employee at work I have a right to know certain things, I'm afraid life just doesn't work like that.

We will know when they decide we need to know, and what we need to be told i'm afraid.

So I will wait for any news of budgets, signings, lack of fuel for mowers and whether Jose has signed or not with excitement and anticipation. Until then I will enjoy summer as I said, drink some beers, go on Holiday and then look forward to being named league 2 champions at Prenton Park with the very last kick of the season.

Thats what I'm dreaming of next season, that's why I am an Oldham fan and not a Man City fan, its the excitement of dreaming big but knowing we could also achieve nothing.

You should come on here more often. More sense in those few posts of yours than we often get in dozens of others. 

Keep it up, even if you're told to stop being sensible.

2 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

I hope you all get the answers you are holding out for, I hope you are not disappointed with no real news of substance.

I hope for all our sakes we have a good season and AL is the savior we all wish.

Please stay! Balanced posters are severely lacking on here!

11 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

*Channels Gladiator*

"Maximus!  Maximus!  Maximus!..."

22 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

I don't post much at all, I am just a reader these days. I used to post on our previous forums but due to one thing or another I don't anymore.

But Today I am posting this, don't really know why just need to get things off my chest.

I have supported this club since my Dad, Brother, Uncles started to take me in 1976 as a small lad. Stood at the top of the Chaddy I grew up a lifelong Latics fan. I witnessed frightening crowd disorder through the 70s & 80s as a child, youth then into my adulthood. Although never involved in any of this directly,  the banter and buzz of match days and the build up during the week at school and then later at work gripped me and latics became my life.

I have seen latics in Division 2 / Championship whichever suits, enjoyed life in the old Division 1 / Premier league,  league 1 / Division 3 and now sadly League 2 / Division 4, I have been to the real Wembley twice seen epic semi finals with Man Utd, other great cup runs, fantastic away days where we really did take away big numbers, great times beating Man City, Leeds & Everton to name a few.

Ive been lucky enough to enjoy all of this.

I remember as a young lad my Dad & Uncles who had supported Latics also all their lives would always come across to me in a in a negative way, all doom and gloom about the present but full of great stories of the 50s / 60s watching us. My dad was lucky enough to see us under Big Joe and winning Promotion to the promise land.

I have seen us have many different rivalries, my early days would be the likes of Blackburn, Burnley, Leeds, Man City, Bolton, PNE & Huddersfield.  Things changed after the Premier league and new rivalries over the years have been Tranmere, Stockport, Wigan, Blackpool, Bury, Barnsley, Rochdale. We will be adding some new ones next season, sadly.

I have had many heroes in a latics shirt, Vic Hallom, Kenny Clements, Rodger Wylde, the brilliant Simon Stainrod, Tommy Wright, David Eyers, Andy Liddle, Legends like Palmer, Ritchie, Barlow, there are many many more. All these people at some part of my life have filled me with joy, hope and tears.

I can no longer attend as many matches as I would like due to location and work, my Dad and Uncles are no longer here and I sometimes wonder what they would think of our club and the major decline in fortunes.

It saddens me to see where we are now, it saddens me to see on other clubs forums the sheer lack of acknowledgment of us in promotion discussions, talks of budgets and signings. Even now as new members of League 2 we are looked down at by the likes of Lincoln, Mansfield, Bury and Northampton. What has happened to my great family club that once had a great reputation, which was once well respected and liked by fans of many other clubs.

So long winded I know and a bit of a ramble but the title says it all for me, we will always have Doom & gloom, reality checks, delusion, visions of grandeur, despair and sadness But we will always have the memories of the pinch me seasons, great players and managers of the past, our proud history, but most of all we should all be proud to be Oldham fans, with that comes hope, expectations and that dream that we will be successful once again. If that means we have to start from the bottom then so be it.

For me, a great season in DIVISION 4 is better than 20 seasons stagnating in Division 3.

I dont know much about our new owner but I have faith in human nature that he has good intentions and a will to make the club more successful than it has been of late.

I know he cant feel the same way about our club as we do as we are all tied emotionally through our own stories and reasons for supporting the club. All I ask is for 100% commitment from the top through to the playing staff.

Lets all look forward and try to be positive, this relegation coupled with our new owner could be the start of exiting times.

For me, remembering the doom and gloom from my old dad & Uncles which were utter rubbish in all honesty because we went on to great things will always keep me thinking things can get better for us.

Oh and Jose Baxter,,,, get in ........ best player in the division by far next year.....

Good luck to all at OAFC, Owner, Trust, Staff, Management and Coaching staff and all present and future players.

So remember the good times, accept the reality of now but live with the hope and dreams of better times to come.

And Keep the Faith !!!!!

Maximus Kudos mate

13 hours ago, Andy b said:

Join the trust and get involved, exactly.

The trust is absolutely vital to restoring a sense of pride in fans. It has the power to be a really positive vehicle for the club to engage fans and for the fans to feel engaged, involved and listened to and indeed for fans to outline to the club what it wants to see.

I would love to see nothing more than a trust which is influential and well funded, which fans back and which they trust to represent them. A trust which is able to take small projects off the clubs hands to make supporting oafc a more pleasurable experience - a fan bar, a lick of paint around BP, perhaps running a fanzine again. 

OAFC should be a cohesive community. It is far from that at the moment. 

All that will be forgotten with a good season but that is not sustainable. It would be a temporary high. 

Rochdale is a cohesive community. The club stays together when the fare on the pitch isn't great and it makes the good times all the more rewarding. It has a character, a charm and an identity. The clubs fans, players, staff and volunteers are proud to be part of Rochdale FC. 

We couldn't be further from that. We have seen that pulled to pieces under the previous ownership with the year on year erosion of everything good about OAFC covered up by the fact that our position in the league didn't actually fall under his control. He has dupped you.

There is far more to a football club than its league position. I care not that we have no money and that we are in League 2. I care deeply that OAFC has been ripped to pieces and no longer resembles the once proud and charming northern football club that it once was.

Everyone of you is still here and therefore gives a shit. It is your duty to try and do something about our situation. Join the

trust, get involved and make it the effective body which it has so much potential to be. Our new owner needs help as well as holding to account.

I agree totally.

But after the seasons goings on at Dale I don’t think they are the best example. A lot of disgruntled fans following a series of unfortunate events. Season ticket debacle, the announcer, the coaches, the end of season rip off dinner. Club execs attitudes to fans. Etc etc.  

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

I agree totally.

But after the seasons goings on at Dale I don’t think they are the best example. A lot of disgruntled fans following a series of unfortunate events. Season ticket debacle, the announcer, the coaches, the end of season rip off dinner. Club execs attitudes to fans. Etc etc.  

Yawn. You are bigoted, narrow minded and obsessed. Peddling false rumour.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

I agree totally.

I have no heard any of these stories. Any good?

33 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

I have no heard any of these stories. Any good?

Looking at a Rochdale forum confirms all these things are correct, in as much as any forum accurately mirrors the overall fanbase.

The season ticket prices were lowered dependent on how many were sold and the goalposts moved a few times when the targets weren't hit; the regular announcer resigned when he moved house but was allowed to return when he changed his mind putting his stand-in's nose out; the coaches to Wembley organised by the club were considerably more expensive than others; the end of season awards which offered young fans a chance to meet their heroes were to be a more "up market" black tie event and kids were banned though it was eventually cancelled; a director abused fans in the main stand during a match.

So you see it's not just our club who's able to shoot itself in the foot !! 

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Looking at a Rochdale forum confirms all these things are correct, in as much as any forum accurately mirrors the overall fanbase.

The season ticket prices were lowered dependent on how many were sold and the goalposts moved a few times when the targets weren't hit; the regular announcer resigned when he moved house but was allowed to return when he changed his mind putting his stand-in's nose out; the coaches to Wembley organised by the club were considerably more expensive than others; the end of season awards which offered young fans a chance to meet their heroes were to be a more "up market" black tie event and kids were banned though it was eventually cancelled; a director abused fans in the main stand during a match.

So you see it's not just our club who's able to shoot itself in the foot !! 

What's Barry been up to recently?

17 hours ago, Andy b said:

Join the trust and get involved, exactly.

The trust is absolutely vital to restoring a sense of pride in fans. It has the power to be a really positive vehicle for the club to engage fans and for the fans to feel engaged, involved and listened to and indeed for fans to outline to the club what it wants to see.

I would love to see nothing more than a trust which is influential and well funded, which fans back and which they trust to represent them. A trust which is able to take small projects off the clubs hands to make supporting oafc a more pleasurable experience - a fan bar, a lick of paint around BP, perhaps running a fanzine again. 

OAFC should be a cohesive community. It is far from that at the moment. 

All that will be forgotten with a good season but that is not sustainable. It would be a temporary high. 

Rochdale is a cohesive community. The club stays together when the fare on the pitch isn't great and it makes the good times all the more rewarding. It has a character, a charm and an identity. The clubs fans, players, staff and volunteers are proud to be part of Rochdale FC. 

We couldn't be further from that. We have seen that pulled to pieces under the previous ownership with the year on year erosion of everything good about OAFC covered up by the fact that our position in the league didn't actually fall under his control. He has dupped you.

There is far more to a football club than its league position. I care not that we have no money and that we are in League 2. I care deeply that OAFC has been ripped to pieces and no longer resembles the once proud and charming northern football club that it once was.

Everyone of you is still here and therefore gives a shit. It is your duty to try and do something about our situation. Join the

trust, get involved and make it the effective body which it has so much potential to be. Our new owner needs help as well as holding to account.

Thanks for your thoughts. Trust AGM will be announced soon folks, once we have confirmed venue etc.

Once we do. It would be great to see you all there, see if you would like to get involved as we need help, help us evolve. Now is the time to help improve upon/mould the trust into something we can all relate to in some way.

cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Thanks for your thoughts. Trust AGM will be announced soon folks, once we have confirmed venue etc.

Once we do. It would be great to see you all there, see if you would like to get involved as we need help, help us evolve. Now is the time to help improve upon/mould the trust into something we can all relate to in some way.

cheers

Well said underdog.

in the trust we already have the vehicle in place for fans to get involved and make the club be better. It just needs more energy and critically it needs more bodies behind it to give it a greater level of creditibility and to be truely representative. It can bring fans together under a common set of goals which everyone buys into and which can work forwards a better future.

literally no point moaning about the demise of club if you aren't willing to try and change it for the better through the trust 

4 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Yawn. You are bigoted, narrow minded and obsessed. Peddling false rumour.

False rumours...?

What a clown you are.  I made this up?  Took me 5 minutes to find these threads. 

https://rochdaleafc.fansnetwork.co.uk/forum/218749/page:1

https://rochdaleafc.fansnetwork.co.uk/forum/194102/page:1

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/rochdale/forum/220338/end-of-season-do--�65!!/#281

There are plenty of other similar threads there...and all over the forum mentions of #teamrochdale being a joke, including actual abuse from directors toward fans at games. I’m not saying Dale is a mess by any means, but to hold them as shining example of harmony between club and fans is rather odd. To suggest and act like we are the only club with fan and club issues is also very silly. 

You are are the one who is obsessed. You are just a WUM with nothing constructive or positive to say about a club you purport to support.

You are pointless. 

As an aside, and this isn’t a jibe at the original poster, but the ‘keep the faith’ motto has worn so thin it doesn’t mean anything to me... and given what we’ve been through in recent years and where we are now it makes me want to wince when I read it. 

• Like 1