Best opposition player?

IMO Suarez/Gerrard would be up there. However they werent amazing against us. And I am going none OAFC related, as I saw the magical midfield of Alonso/Busquets/Xavi/Iniesta/Silva for Spain against England which was excellent to watch.

In the lower divisions however Peterboroughs David Farrell stands out as a twat who used to be excellent frequently against us.

At BP players who stick in my head are Matt Le Tissier particularly in our 4-3 final day win who seemed to nonchalantly score when he wanted, at 4-1 up with about half hour to play he very nearly single handedly sent us down, I swear that bloke had wands for feet.

16 minutes ago, a259 said:

Leighton James for Burnley in their 4-1 FA Cup 4th Round win at Boundary Park in 1974. Div 1 class.

The Burnley fans playing British Bulldog with the police as they tried to get from the RRE to the Chaddy.

Kanchelskis. Ripped us two or three times. Saw him on a TV doco while channel-hopping recently. Jeez he's put on some timber. Also remember Paul Merson playing well at BP a couple of times. Mark Tyler had the game of his life for Peterborough against us once. Also David White had a brilliant match against once when City crushed us 5-2, think he got a hat-trick?

1 hour ago, a259 said:

Leighton James for Burnley in their 4-1 FA Cup 4th Round win at Boundary Park in 1974. Div 1 class.

Didn't he do the same in Anglo Scottish cup final, or is my memory going now !

3 hours ago, a259 said:

Yes .I agree that was fantastic display.i was in the Rochdale road end hanging on the hoardings and got to throw ball back to him. Made my day that he said thanks; I was only 11.

George Best and Bobby Moore at Fulham in December '76

We were 6th in the table but got stuffed 5-0 including a lovely chip by Best

I remember it was freezing and made worse by a few hundred United fans who turned up as their London fixture had been postponed

More recently, we've managed to make all sorts of lower league strikers, midfielders and defenders look like footballing Gods :) 

One player that used to stick in my mind for being a pain in the arse was Andy Payton at Burnley. For what I can remember he always seemed to make playing against us look like a walk in the park. 

Tommy Lee at Chesterfield always turned into Neuer when playing against us. 

Eric Cantona for Manchester United at BP.

A masterclass of football skills. And even though United slaughtered us it was a delight to be at the match.

I think Roy Keane also played and he too was exceptional.