Did a great job at Fleetwood keeping them up and must have thought he'd done more than enough to still be in that job but gets the reward of managing a Bigger club (sleeping giant) who could do very well under his stewardship 

3 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Did a great job at Fleetwood keeping them up and must have thought he'd done more than enough to still be in that job but gets the reward of managing a Bigger club (sleeping giant) who could do very well under his stewardship 

Carlisle a sleeping giant?? Jesus there are some drugs going round this forum this pre season 

25 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Well they did get decent crowds at one stage, even in League Two 

7 to 9 thousand at home isn't that bad, call it potential then. 

Always saw them a bit like Hull in the sense they've got a big catchment area. 

3 minutes ago, Fervid said:

Who gives a monkeys where he’s gone, more concerned about the shitstorm thats coming our way at BP.

The shit storm that has existed for months that Corney papered over and the new owner is trying to sort is how I read it - there’s a lot that clearly wasn’t disclosed 

12 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

The shit storm that has existed for months that Corney papered over and the new owner is trying to sort is how I read it - there’s a lot that clearly wasn’t disclosed 

Add Wellens to that shitstorm and it's a Tsunami

Edited by OLDHAMADE

4 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Bollocks - he wasn’t perfect after his initial run but Wellens or any other manager is nothing to do with the fact that even companies supplying paper clips won’t touch us with a barge pole 

25 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

That’s if it’s all true, newspapers usually expand the facts and twist the truth . Let’s hope we get a statement from the club sooner or later as to wether this is the truth or mostly fiction. Time will tell. 

8 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Bollocks - he wasn’t perfect after his initial run but Wellens or any other manager is nothing to do with the fact that even companies supplying paper clips won’t touch us with a barge pole 

If things don't improve on the field and that's highly unlikely now because nothing's changed, failure to failure

Why would anyone in their right mind finance a lame duck

3 hours ago, Fervid said:

Who gives a monkeys where he’s gone, more concerned about the shitstorm thats coming our way at BP.

3 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

3 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

3 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

2 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

That’s if it’s all true, newspapers usually expand the facts and twist the truth . Let’s hope we get a statement from the club sooner or later as to wether this is the truth or mostly fiction. Time will tell. 

2 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

If things don't improve on the field and that's highly unlikely now because nothing's changed, failure to failure

Why would anyone in their right mind finance a lame duck

How has this thread managed to go completely off topic inside the first page?!

I reckon Shez is a good fit at Carlisle, with a reasonable budget at this level I could see them challenging for the playoffs.

5 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I reckon Shez is a good fit at Carlisle, with a reasonable budget at this level I could see them challenging for the playoffs.

I refer you to my recent post:

Fourth rule of posting to OWTB: ‘Within two pages the content of a thread should always digress from the intended subject matter as indicated by the thread title’  ?

Sheridan will do well at Carlisle I agree. We’ll get them away first game (probably).

6 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I’d much rather know why a new thread was even needed when we have one for this sort of stuff ? 

12 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I like Sheridan a lot but that’s bullshit !! Not even close to big Joe ffs

I dunno, he nearly lost as many as Joe Royle did in his second spell at the start of last year?

2 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Don’t get this superiority complex our fans have. Carlisle are blatantly bigger than us at the moment. They get double our crowds. 

But we were in the Premier League 25 years ago! That makes us, er, clearly superior.