Wellens sacked!

Would be nice to know the reasons why a month after we have been relegated. After the article in the Daily Mail last week, this doesn't really help with thinking the club is getting back on it's feet.

Just now, Macca said:

Would be nice to know the reasons why a month after we have been relegated. After the article in the Daily Mail last week, this doesn't really help with thinking the club is getting back on it's feet.

The club was just waiting for Shez to take another job so we'd be spared endless speculation about him coming back yet again. Phew.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LaticMark said:

Timing is a bit odd, unless AL has already got someone lined up!

To be honest everything is a little strange at Latics at the moment 

nothing would surpise me now, apart from:

staff being paid on time.

having a working mower with juice in it.

bringing in some more ‘foreign ‘ players who don’t speak English but get paid a shed load.

Scholes is a real possibility this time.  He wanted it last time. 

Anyhow, I’m not surprised. His management was bewildering toward the end.

I suspect he is a better coach than manager. Too much tinkering. Too many excuses. Too much blame culture. Hopefully he has learned a lot and can do better next time as a leader. 

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Scholes is a real possibility this time.  He wanted it last time. 

Anyhow, I’m not surprised. His management was bewildering toward the end.

I suspect he is a better coach than manager. Too much tinkering. Too many excuses. Too much blame culture. Hopefully he has learned a lot and can do better next time as a leader. 

Spot on. He was poor once his honeymoon period was over. I didn't feel the love and i didn't see much of a brain, but i did hear a lot of cry baby bullshit.

Why the delay in sacking him? Can we afford it now? Or has the preferred option now agreed.

Very odd timing. Ether RW is behind the article and has been found out, or him and AL have fallen out over transfer dealings. One other reason could be that a replacement has already been fond and RW has only been kept on to keep things ticking over. 

In my view a new manager needs to have experience in lower league football. Is it Curle who mysteriously left Carlisle I wonder.