Wellens sacked!

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I am under the impression he has been blamed for the leak, so I suspect the latter...

If that story is him and it’s proven then he will be lucky to get another management role ever again.  Totally unprofessional and crass.  

56 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

If that story is him and it’s proven then he will be lucky to get another management role ever again.  Totally unprofessional and crass.  

Exactly why I found it hard to believe but if true then no one will take him on.Who wants a tell tale tit.No wonder we messed up.

8 hours ago, Nohairdontcare said:

I’d wonder how anyone could prove RW was the source... he isn’t going to admit it surely....

He might not admit it but Mike Keegan might tell people he was the source. For Wellens to be sacked he must have admitted some wrong doing. You don’t get the sack for nothing.

Edited by Smiler13

10 hours ago, kowenicki said:

I see what you are saying, and it's not the first time for Wellens..., but I'm sure managers and their agents leak info quite regularly. 

4 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

He might not admit it but Mike Keegan might tell people he was the source. For Wellens to be sacked he must have admitted some wrong doing. You don’t get the sack for nothing.

I'd be flabbergasted if Mike started mouthing off about his sources. He's just not going to do that - nobody would speak to him again and he'd be out of work in a flash.

5 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

Maybe he just got sacked for being a bit shit?

7 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

There is plenty of other justification for sacking Wellens aside from the alleged leak.