Wellens sacked!

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

Very odd timing. Ether RW is behind the article and has been found out, or him and AL have fallen out over transfer dealings. One other reason could be that a replacement has already been fond and RW has only been kept on to keep things ticking over. 

In my view a new manager needs to have experience in lower league football. Is it Curle who mysteriously left Carlisle I wonder.

:wacko::rifle:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

Very odd timing. Ether RW is behind the article and has been found out, or him and AL have fallen out over transfer dealings. One other reason could be that a replacement has already been fond and RW has only been kept on to keep things ticking over. 

In my view a new manager needs to have experience in lower league football. Is it Curle who mysteriously left Carlisle I wonder.

In a sealed train, heading for an unknown destination. Allegedly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, al_bro said:

God I hope not, I'll be leading the Chorus of Abdallah out if it is.

20th, 10th & 10th in L2 in his 3 seasons in charge.

• Like 1

I'm surprised it's now that he has gone. If you were to make the decision, it could have been made in the days after Northampton. It must be that AL has had someone lined up and they are now available. I do feel a little sorry for Richie. Although we did go down with him in charge, he had a very difficult job in trying to keep us up in the climate that we found ourselves in. I wish him good luck where ever he goes. And equally more to the bloke that takes over from him. 

17 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Don’t get it?

The Merge-o-matic machine is a patented device designed to consolidate all of RW's selections into one consistent, coherent team with balance, understanding and cohesion across and between defence, midfield and attack. Under current knowledge it is not possible to build a working Merge-o-matic machine, although some academics believe that the design can, in theory, be made to work. 

14 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Sounds like a 70s spy flick. Maybe they should make a film about OAFC 2017/2018.

Cillian Murphy as Richie Wellens...

Who else?

Jim Broadbent as Barry.

13 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Looked tanned in his Baxter interview - perhaps he knew it was coming so booked another 

13 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Looked tanned in his Baxter interview - perhaps he knew it was coming so booked another 

Gets around that Wellens he's just got back from holiday so highly unlikely to be on another . Perhaps that's why he's been sacked. If he's just got back from 2 weeks holiday he should be concentrating on getting players signed and out of the club not going off to Mexico.,

Edited by Smiler13

1 hour ago, ChrisRichard said:

I'm surprised it's now that he has gone. If you were to make the decision, it could have been made in the days after Northampton. It must be that AL has had someone lined up and they are now available. I do feel a little sorry for Richie. Although we did go down with him in charge, he had a very difficult job in trying to keep us up in the climate that we found ourselves in. I wish him good luck where ever he goes. And equally more to the bloke that takes over from him. 

I wonder?

I normally want managers to hang around, but I'm not bothered by the Wellens decision. His reaction leading up to relegation and his pathetic reaction to its confirmation left a sour taste in my mouth. Having said that, if we sacked him over the phone that is equally pathetic and that needs to be justified - if it can. Strange timing and somewhat disrespectful to sack him now, having just stood and unveiled Baxter. 

We've been sold a bill of goods during the last 12 month. Hopefully we'll cease clapping along to whatever the social media kids post up and analyse a new set-up that is making amateur mistakes all over the shop.

Will Scholes still be licking his lips? Doubtful.