Next Manager Speculation

2 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Why be angry with me? Not like i’m responsible for the shit show within the club. I got lynched on here for just hinting at it... Glad it’s all out in the open now and I hope something is sorted out!

Was it a secret then? The clubs been a circus for ten years and there have been none more vociferous than me at times but to almost wish misery on us before a ball has been kicked in pre season is weird, if we do struggle or go down by all means let us know you predicted it but lets just see what transpires and allow the majority of us fans to just hope that something good could be round the corner.

1 hour ago, Dew Dilly Dance said:

Paul Scholes

Previous Team: None

betvictor.jpg
Bet Now - Betvictor
3/1

Neil Redfearn

Previous Team: Rotherham United
Left: 8 Feb 2016

betvictor.jpg
Bet Now - Betvictor
4/1

Darren Ferguson

Previous Team: Doncaster Rovers
Left: 4 Jun 2018

betvictor.jpg
Bet Now - Betvictor
6/1

Grant McCann

Previous Team: Peterborough United
Left: 25 Feb 2018

betvictor.jpg
Bet Now - Betvictor
6/1

Owen Coyle

Previous Team: Ross County
Left: 1 Mar 2018

betvictor.jpg
Bet Now - Betvictor
6/1

Gary Caldwell

Previous Team: Chesterfield
Left: 16 Sep 2017

betvictor.jpg
Bet Now - Betvictor
8/1

Uwe Rosler

Previous Team: Fleetwood Town
Left: 17 Feb 2018

betvictor.jpg
Bet Now - Betvictor
8/1

Paul Heckingbottom

Previous Team: Leeds United
Left: 1 Jun 2018

betvictor.jpg
Bet Now - Betvictor
8/1

Lee Clark

Previous Team: Bury
Left: 30 Oct 2017

betvictor.jpg
Bet Now - Betvictor
8/1

Mark Warburton

Previous Team: Nottingham Forest
Left: 31 Dec 2017

betvictor.jpg
Bet Now - Betvictor
12/1

Robbie Neilson

Previous Team: Milton Keynes Dons
Left: 20 Jan 2018

betvictor.jpg
Bet Now - Betvictor
12/1

Steven Pressley

Previous Team: Fleetwood Town
Left: 26 Jul 2016

betvictor.jpg
Bet Now - Betvictor
12/1

Paul Ince

Previous Team: Blackpool
Left: 21 Jan 2014

betvictor.jpg
Bet Now - Betvictor
12/1

Brian McDermott

Previous Team: Reading
Left: 27 May 2016

betvictor.jpg
Bet Now - Betvictor
14/1

Shaun Derry

Previous Team: Cambridge United
Left: 9 Feb 2018

betvictor.jpg
Bet Now - Betvictor
14/1

Steve Cotterill

Previous Team: Birmingham City
Left: 3 Mar 2018

betvictor.jpg
Bet Now - Betvictor
16/1

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Previous Team: Northampton Town
Left: 2 Apr 2018

betvictor.jpg
Bet Now - Betvictor
16/1

Patrick Kluivert

Previous Team: Curacao
Left: 7 Jun 2016

betvictor.jpg
Bet Now - Betvictor
16/1

Robbie Stockdale

Previous Team: Sunderland
Left: 24 Apr 2018

betvictor.jpg
Bet Now - Betvictor
16/1

Sol Campbell

betvictor.jpg
Bet Now - Betvictor
16/1

Dougie Freedman

Previous Team: Nottingham Forest
Left: 13 Mar 2016

betvictor.jpg
Bet Now - Betvictor
16/1

Dean Saunders

Previous Team: Chesterfield
Left: 28 Nov 2015

betvictor.jpg
Bet Now - Betvictor
20/1

Michael Appleton

Previous Team: Oxford United
Left: 20 Jun 2017

betvictor.jpg
Bet Now - Betvictor
20/1

Phil Brown

Current Team: Swindon Town
Time With Team: 2 mths 27 days

betvictor.jpg
Bet Now - Betvictor
25/1

Craig Bellamy

betvictor.jpg
Bet Now - Betvictor
25/1

Jaap Stam

Previous Team: Reading
Left: 21 Mar 2018

betvictor.jpg
Bet Now - Betvictor
25/1

Mick McCarthy

Previous Team: Ipswich Town
Left: 10 Apr 2018

betvictor.jpg
Bet Now - Betvictor
25/1

Josep Clotet Ruiz

Previous Team: Oxford United
Left: 22 Jan 2018

betvictor.jpg
Bet Now - Betvictor
25/1

Graham Westley

Previous Team: Barnet
Left: 19 Mar 2018

betvictor.jpg
Bet Now - Betvictor
25/1

Gary Megson

Previous Team: Sheffield Wednesday
Left: 29 Feb 2012

betvictor.jpg
Bet Now - Betvictor
25/1

David Unsworth

Previous Team: Everton
Left: 30 Nov 2017

betvictor.jpg
Bet Now - Betvictor
25/1

Craig Shakespeare

Previous Team: Leicester City
Left: 17 Oct 2017

betvictor.jpg
Bet Now - Betvictor
25/1

Mark warburton please ?

30 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

And you're basing your mistrust on the tweets of Gerrard?

One of my colleagues moaned because they took Mondeos off our car policy.  Moaned and moaned for weeks suggesting it'll be Kia or Nissan.  Two weeks later we signed a deal for BMW and Audi.  

Change + uncertainty = mistrust & negativity.  Proven fact.

The way i see it is there is a load of evidence pointing to the club being run terribly and zero evidence to the contrary. Do you think nothing Keegan and Gerrard are saying is true? (Not to mention what Shez said after leaving about interference)

• Like 1

No thank you to Steve Cotterill, Stephen Pressley, Robbie Nielsen, Paul Ince or Gary Megson. And don't even get me going on the possibility of Lee Clark, Darren Ferguson or Graham Westley.

I'd be happy with Scholes, Rosler or Warburton. but I've a feeling it will either be Johnny Foreigner or somebody that no bugger on here will ever want. 

We get relegated, most expect Wellens to go after a poor run of form and poor selections, .....He stays, lots unhappy at this !!!

The DM story came out..... statement demanded..... statement put out...but not what people want to hear so a statement about the statement required !!!

Wellens sacked...... so now something else is wrong.... statement required telling us every little fine detail cos we have a right as paying fans to know everything !!!

Obviously AL is now the worst thing to happen to the club !!!

So.....

Scenario 1....Maybe this was the plan all along, maybe we might be happy with our new manager, maybe he will play to win, maybe we will enjoy next season, maybe we will be promoted, maybe its exciting times.....

OR

Scenario 2....This is a knee jerk reaction to DM story, maybe we might end up with a worse manager than Wellens, maybe we will be relegated again, maybe our attendances will be an all time low, maybe we will be the next Leyton Orient !!!

I'll remain positive and hope for scenario 1

I know that is not acceptable to some of us to be too positive...... I'm not saying some of you want scenario 2 but it reads like some of you are always expecting the worst !!!!

Just now, Bristolatic said:

No thank you to Steve Cotterill, Stephen Pressley, Robbie Nielsen, Paul Ince or Gary Megson. And don't even get me going on the possibility of Lee Clark, Darren Ferguson or Graham Westley.

I'd be happy with Scholes, Rosler or Warburton. but I've a feeling it will either be Johnny Foreigner or somebody that no bugger on here will ever want. 

Some people are born optimists, some born pessimists. I know which ones enjoy life more ! Would agree with this post but whoever gets the job should be given a decent crack at it ( i.e. at least a full 12 months). It seems to me that the people who appoint managers are too quick to sack them just to cover up their error in appointing them.

Just now, maximus1267 said:

We get relegated, most expect Wellens to go after a poor run of form and poor selections, .....He stays, lots unhappy at this !!!

The DM story came out..... statement demanded..... statement put out...but not what people want to hear so a statement about the statement required !!!

Wellens sacked...... so now something else is wrong.... statement required telling us every little fine detail cos we have a right as paying fans to know everything !!!

Obviously AL is now the worst thing to happen to the club !!!

So.....

Scenario 1....Maybe this was the plan all along, maybe we might be happy with our new manager, maybe he will play to win, maybe we will enjoy next season, maybe we will be promoted, maybe its exciting times.....

OR

Scenario 2....This is a knee jerk reaction to DM story, maybe we might end up with a worse manager than Wellens, maybe we will be relegated again, maybe our attendances will be an all time low, maybe we will be the next Leyton Orient !!!

I'll remain positive and hope for scenario 1

I know that is not acceptable to some of us to be too positive...... I'm not saying some of you want scenario 2 but it reads like some of you are always expecting the worst !!!!

There’s nothing to be positive about, I’m sorry mate. I wish I could be. Out worst season since the late 60’s followed by a Summer where our new owner is appearing to be more like Becchetti by the day. 

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

There’s nothing to be positive about, I’m sorry mate. I wish I could be. Out worst season since the late 60’s followed by a Summer where our new owner is appearing to be more like Becchetti by the day. 

You really dont know that, you presume that...

Its like politics, half of what is said is over hyped, not understood, Misinterpreted, the list goes on....

If i am wrong I will say so at the end of the season ....

7 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Some people are born optimists, some born pessimists. I know which ones enjoy life more ! Would agree with this post but whoever gets the job should be given a decent crack at it ( i.e. at least a full 12 months). It seems to me that the people who appoint managers are too quick to sack them just to cover up their error in appointing them.

I'm with you on this, but can you imagine what would happen if Clark, Westley or Ferguson rocked up at BP. Yes, we'd give them our support (I hope) because it's our club, but this place would go into meltdown in seconds. I honestly expect some would pack it in until any of the above had been sacked. Time will tell and, at the moment, it's nothing more than pure speculation.

Gerrard is typing on twitter saying its been a shambles for the last 11 months, jesus id like to add 20 years to that...Is Abdallah the saviour?? Is he to interfering?? Everything went from bad to worse when he started bringing unknown foreigners in on big wages which definately upset the lads already here..Who in their right mind would touch our club when its common knowledge you dont get paid on time. We won one out of the last tem games so why wasnt Wellens sacked after the Northampton shambles, has the DM story and the leak from within the club been found? Has he applied for the Donny job and been found out? 

So many unanswered questions but isnt this just typical of us,  8 managers in the last 3 years and we all wonder why we’re in the bottom league..we are currrently a laughing stock and i really didnt want to believe Keegans story in that shite rag but there cant be any smoke without fire, us as fans will be there til the bitter end but its all getting boring now..

1 hour ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Ah but in AL we trust!

No wonder that Gerrard could not get employment from a club other than Oldham. Obviously he’s a big disruption in any football dressing room at any decent club. I hope he is sacked as well and his contract terminated worthwith. We don’t need his sort of mental player at our club. 

7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Don't know, but he has had a meeting with Abdallah today...

If that refers to Peter Clarke (I've not checked back to other posts), it probably makes sense for the owner and captain to have a chinwag about today's events.

38 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Im usually one of those optimists but on this one Im finding myself siding with the more pessimistic posters. While I always want to look for positives and things arent always as bad as they seem, Im not just going to bury my head in the sand and assume all is rosey when it clearly isn't.

I can ofcourse be persuaded that things can get better should we appoint the right manager and sign the right players.

Im not sure what the thinking would be if we went from Wellens to Clarke Im not sure Clarke is ready for management just yet.

On Wellens himself I think this job came abit too early for him in the ideal world he would have spent this season learning the ropes as a coach under John Sheridan and Tommy Wright. Thats why I think Clarke needs to go off and spend a couple of years working as an assistant manager before becoming the number 1 somewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LaticsLen said:

Baxter deal is done along with 3 others "to be announced" IF rumours are to be believed.

Odd to sack RW after letting him sign four player!! A new manager may not want them. 

I would not mind Ferguson at least he gets results and took Donny back up into division 1 . I realise it would be a controversial appointment for some on this forum to swallow but if he got us back out of division 1 at the first attempt then people might respect him more. 

3 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Odd to sack RW after letting him sign four player!! A new manager may not want them. 

So who are the other 3 players. Nothing has been released by the club. Another speculative post.