Next Manager Speculation

2 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Do they even exist?

It’s all speculation. Until the club make a statement on anymore signings I would call it at one signing and I don’t think Baxter was a Wellens signing. Not by his body language at his interview on Ifollow and who was in the picture when Baxter signed it was AL not Wellens

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

One of them was Matt Done...

That does not impress me if it is I don’t rate him. I thought he had another 12 months on his contract at Rochdale????

Edited by Smiler13

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Think it is going to be a very hard job for anyone to be honest, can't see anyone with any standing taking it on in current circumstances.

What circumstances? I thought Keegan was telling porkies? 

Whoever the new manager is I hope he has got some good contacts. We need stability now as a club more than ever. Hope we get someone in soon who will start talking in a positive manner and bring the quality of players in that we need to get out of Division 2. Also I hope AL gets rid of the bad element of players that are causing disruption in the dressing room, even if he has to pay up their contracts. We need to sweep all the bad out of the club as soon as possible.

This is probably the most pivotal managerial decision of my lifetime.

If it's a first time manager (i.e. Peter Clarke) then I'll be massively underwhelmed and fear for the future of the club.  As good as he might be in the future, now is not the time for a rookie.  If for no other reason than it would smack of desperation and the cheap appointment by AL.

The usual suspects (Clark, Ferguson, Ince, Westley etc.) should not be anywhere near consideration.

I might be unrealistic but I'm expecting a big and proven appointment.  Anything less and I'll be worried about AL's capability to turn us around.

Just now, the_mighty_bosh said:

I might be unrealistic but I'm expecting a big and proven appointment.  Anything less and I'll be worried about AL's capability to turn us around.

I think you mean big, proven, currently unemployed and desperate. 

13 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

4 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

That's a bit harsh Dave. He clearly means big, proven, currently unemployed, desperate and affordable. 

That's a bit harsh Dave, and Alan . He clearly means big, proven, currently unemployed, desperate, affordable and does as he's told.

18 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

9 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

That's a bit harsh Dave. He clearly means big, proven, currently unemployed, desperate and affordable. 

2 minutes ago, singe said:

That's a bit harsh Dave, and Alan . He clearly means big, proven, currently unemployed, desperate, affordable and does as he's told.

We're screwed aren't we?

I’d be extremely surprised if AL went for Clarke given he’ll want to be more comfortable in getting something back from his investment, as this would be a big risk. If he was going to pick someone with very little experience, you’d think he’d go abroad for his own man, granted  some experience abroad but very little over here.

I do wonder if Scholes will get back in touch. With the recent trend of English football players (Gerrard, Lampard, Barton) getting opportunities, I’m thinking Scholes might fancy a bit himself.

Edited by sjk2008

22 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

I liked that so much that I looked right past the Oxford comma to vote it up!

No ambiguity there!

Besides, it's my age. I was taught to change the sentence if needs be.

And we're not in America!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

If that refers to Peter Clarke (I've not checked back to other posts), it probably makes sense for the owner and captain to have a chinwag about today's events.

Yeah, maybe. I just got the feeling there was something more in it...