Next Manager Speculation

1 hour ago, joe_lead said:

Dear Mighty Bosh

My name is Dr Budwali Mukumbi, a first cousin of Nigerian Astronaut Major Abacha Tunde.  He was the first African in space when he made a secret flight to the Salyut 6 space station in 1979.  He later took a flight to a secret Soviet military space station in 1989, unfortunately he became stranded there 12 months later when the Soviet Union was dissolved.  His other Soviet crew members returned to earth on Soyuz T-16Z, but his place was taken up by return cargo and empty vodka bottles.  Since that time there have been occasional supply flights to keep him going, however whilst he remains in reasonable health and good humour he is desperate to come home. 

In the 18 years he has been in orbit he has accumulated the equivalent of £24,000,000 in pay and travel expenses.  This money is held in a trust in the Lagos National Bank.  If I can gain access to this money, a down payment of £3,000,000 will enable the current Russian administration to divert the orbiting Soyuz 56-Y and bring him back to earth.  In order to access this trust fund your assistance is kindly requested.

My colleagues and I are willing to transfer the total amount to your account for subsequent disbursement, since we are employed civil servants we are prohibited from operating foreign accounts in our names.  In return, we have agreed to offer you 20 percent of the transferred sum, while 10 percent shall be set aside for incidental expenses in the course of the transaction.  You will be mandated to remit the 70 percent balance to other accounts in due course.

Yours kindly

Dr Budwali Mukumbi

Thank you. That was a bloody good effort! It made me laugh, which doesn't happen as much as I'd like. I've used up all my voting credits for the day, but you have my admiration. 

49 minutes ago, IceStationLatic said:

Would imagine he’s going after what will increase season ticket sales.

Been the theme of his signings and PR.

And amid Lampard and Gerrard etc....

My guess is his going all in to tempt Scholes, saying there’ll be money etc. 

But will he be believed. 

Come come what a load of nonsense.  Clarke a player who was shipped out to be our manager.  Scholes - don't make me laugh he is bright enough to sidestep this one.

None of the above.  As AL was putting his team selections to RW he might just decide to do it himself.

Can it get worse?  'fraid so!

Down

down

down

down .........................

12 hours ago, joe_lead said:

Dear Mighty Bosh

My name is Dr Budwali Mukumbi, a first cousin of Nigerian Astronaut Major Abacha Tunde.  He was the first African in space when he made a secret flight to the Salyut 6 space station in 1979.  He later took a flight to a secret Soviet military space station in 1989, unfortunately he became stranded there 12 months later when the Soviet Union was dissolved.  His other Soviet crew members returned to earth on Soyuz T-16Z, but his place was taken up by return cargo and empty vodka bottles.  Since that time there have been occasional supply flights to keep him going, however whilst he remains in reasonable health and good humour he is desperate to come home. 

In the 18 years he has been in orbit he has accumulated the equivalent of £24,000,000 in pay and travel expenses.  This money is held in a trust in the Lagos National Bank.  If I can gain access to this money, a down payment of £3,000,000 will enable the current Russian administration to divert the orbiting Soyuz 56-Y and bring him back to earth.  In order to access this trust fund your assistance is kindly requested.

My colleagues and I are willing to transfer the total amount to your account for subsequent disbursement, since we are employed civil servants we are prohibited from operating foreign accounts in our names.  In return, we have agreed to offer you 20 percent of the transferred sum, while 10 percent shall be set aside for incidental expenses in the course of the transaction.  You will be mandated to remit the 70 percent balance to other accounts in due course.

Yours kindly

Dr Budwali Mukumbi

A deserved up vote simply for going to the effort to write that!

13 hours ago, stevesidg said:

Who do you think or know is in the running for the job?

I always thought the next manager would be foreign. Him sounding out Clarke yesterday was a bit of a surprise. Scholes wanted it when Wellens got the job so is an option, but if he has anything about him, he will keep his distance after seeing the way the club has been run recently. I wouldn't even rule out Lemsagam actually doing it himself...

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I always thought the next manager would be foreign. Him sounding out Clarke yesterday was a bit of a surprise. Scholes wanted it when Wellens got the job so is an option, but if he has anything about him, he will keep his distance after seeing the way the club has been run recently. I wouldn't even rule out Lemsagam actually doing it himself...

Or putting a puppet in place who effectively does as he's told.

16 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Im usually one of those optimists but on this one Im finding myself siding with the more pessimistic posters. While I always want to look for positives and things arent always as bad as they seem, Im not just going to bury my head in the sand and assume all is rosey when it clearly isn't.

I can ofcourse be persuaded that things can get better should we appoint the right manager and sign the right players.

Im not sure what the thinking would be if we went from Wellens to Clarke Im not sure Clarke is ready for management just yet.

On Wellens himself I think this job came abit too early for him in the ideal world he would have spent this season learning the ropes as a coach under John Sheridan and Tommy Wright. Thats why I think Clarke needs to go off and spend a couple of years working as an assistant manager before becoming the number 1 somewhere.

I'm exactly with you on this one, Glossop. My optimism and rationalism is beginning to slide into the doubting, pessimist side.

Clarke, as professional and committed as he has been as a player would just be the same appointment as Wellens was. Inexperienced and unproven.

I'd still keep him on as captain as a leader is something we are lacking but Clarke would be a better leader on the pitch or as an assistant in coaching sessions.

For me, we need someone now with a bit of know how and experience to steady the ship, bring in a few wiley, resourceful players and just have a good old-fashioned go at going back up. I don't even care if the football is ugly and we grind out results every week. 

26 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

?

we’re at a very low point at the moment 

what happens in the next week at Latics is so important with hopefully:

the appointment of a new manager , who the heck as an idea who this will be?  but the choice should give us an insight , good or bad, into the thoughts of AL

improved communication from someone with authority in the club 

Rallying of the supporters and players 

a statement of the short and medium term plans on and off the field from AL

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Dave Pace has owned and managed Droylsden for many years, with the assistance of good coaching staff, even taking the club to one league below this.

Problem was when money became tight and the club went into decline.

Not sure how wealthy he is,  but AL will need to have long pockets to make it work.

37 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Dave Pace has owned and managed Droylsden for many years, with the assistance of good coaching staff, even taking the club to one league below this.

Problem was when money became tight and the club went into decline.

Not sure how wealthy he is,  but AL will need to have long pockets to make it work.

Dave Pace is hardly a great example of how to run a football club. He is (allegedly) as corrupt as they come...

Edited by Lee Sinnott

4 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

If Clarke was sounded out for the job

yesterday is AL either... 

Wanting to prove he just isnt going after an unknown foreigner
Just Trying to do it as cheap as possible

Or
Just wanting a puppet

Take our pick.

5 minutes ago, pukka said:

If Clarke was sounded out for the job

yesterday is AL either... 

Wanting to prove he just isnt going after an unknown foreigner
Just Trying to do it as cheap as possible

Or
Just wanting a puppet

Take our pick.

Clarke doesn’t strike me as the puppet type 

I don’t want Clarke (as manager)

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Dave Pace is hardly a great example of how to run a football club. He is (allegedly) as corrupt as they come...

Allegedly is an easy way out, you won't put anything in writing I bet to substantiate your remarks.