Next Manager Speculation

Just now, LaticsLen said:

People going on like he doesn't know how to coach players and set a team up to play football he's been doing it longer than our last 4 appointments put together. He's not 30 year old and just cutting his teeth in football. Bunn has been coaching players and setting teams up for years week in week out. Absolute barmy if you thought Grayson or McCall were gonna rock up in lge 2. 

Why?

3 minutes ago, LaticsLen said:

People going on like he doesn't know how to coach players and set a team up to play football he's been doing it longer than our last 4 appointments put together. He's not 30 year old and just cutting his teeth in football. Bunn has been coaching players and setting teams up for years week in week out. Absolute barmy if you thought Grayson or McCall were gonna rock up in lge 2. 

Which teams has he been setting up? Coaching and managing are two very different things.

14 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Is he both calling him a no mark and saying he's as worthy as anyone of our backing in the same four line post????

:lol:

"He" was just pointing out that expectations should be realistic..

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Which teams has he been setting up? Coaching and managing are two very different things.

He is/was coaching the Academy at Huddersfield alongside Tony Carrs and had the same job at City a few years back. He was coach with Dowie when he was at Coventry and Hull and coached under Chris Coleman as well. 

2 minutes ago, LaticsLen said:

He is/was coaching the Academy at Huddersfield alongside Tony Carrs and had the same job at City a few years back. He was coach with Dowie when he was at Coventry and Hull and coached under Chris Coleman as well. 

Anyone know what Bunn's being doing since he left Huddersfield Town at the end of last year?

https://www.htafc.com/news/2017/december/frankie-bunn-departs-huddersfield-town/

9 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

If this is true Abdallah really has done his homework here combining both a club legend and experienced coach. Here is hoping Frankie can led us back to league 1 and beyond.

:lol:

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

It's true, their first full season under Hill they went up automatically and have finished above us every season since. 

Hope I'm proved to be wrong and obviously I will back the guy but this is the most underwhelmed I've ever been with a managerial appointment at Latics.

Darren Kelly?

59 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

Genuinely shocked that there isn't more bemusement at AL publicly slagging off the previous regime and then taking advice of a key component of that regime for his first managerial appointment/big decision.

You couldn’t actually make this shit up could you?

It's going to take a spectacular start to the season to get me back hopeful.

Never ben so uninsterested and feel so seperated from the club in over 40 years.

Not just Bunn as manager, but he's the straw that breaks the camels back.

I have never wanted to be more wrong.

I can't even muster apathy.

Edited by singe

Miles more coaching experience than Scholes for those who wanted him

Affinity with the club

Worked with some succesful managers

Not some random foreign manager who doesn't know the league's and players

Will have plenty of contacts

Will have good knowledge of players

Plenty of plus points

1 hour ago, LaticsLen said:

That is exactly right. Whether or not people are excited by Bunn, if it is to be him, the idea that Grayson or McCall would take on the job is ludicrous.

3 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Affinity with the club

Plenty of plus points

What’s people’s obsession with this ‘affinity’ with the club? 

I couldn’t give a fuck if a manager hated the club as long as he got us promoted. 

I want the best man for the job, not someone who ‘cares’.

Wellens had an affinity and look how that turned out. 

• Like 1

Just now, BP1960 said:

Can't see he's done much wrong.

Well he hasn’t has he. We’re a League 2 side without (it appears) a pot to piss in but some of our fans expect the likes of Grayson or Scholes to rock up delighted at the fantastic opportunity presented to them. Instead we end up with what was more realistic, somebody without significant managerial experience or a European Cup to their name, like er Frizzell or Royle, or alternatively Darren Kelly. We have no idea what we’re getting with Bunn but let’s give the bloke a fucking chance eh? 

6 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Miles more coaching experience than Scholes for those who wanted him (same managerial experience as Scholes)

Affinity with the club (he played less than 80 games for us. Take away THAT Scarborough game and I'd argue he'd just be any other former Latics player.)

Worked with some succesful managers (not as successful as the one's Scholes has)

Not some random foreign manager who doesn't know the league's and players (see Scholes)

Will have plenty of contacts (see Scholes)

Will have good knowledge of players (see Scholes)

Plenty of plus points

IMO bringing Bunn in as #1 is a poor choice given the predicament we are in.  However, bringing Scholes in as #1 with someone like Bunn as #2 would be much more understandable..