Next Manager Speculation

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

1 year contract not much of a ringing endorsement is it?

Risk we take if he storms the league and gains attention from elsewhere.  Hopefully one-year extension option based on performance.

Welcome aboard Frankie ... I guess you had the brightest bouquet up your sleeve and those animal balloons outshone the other candidates.  Hopefully you can pull a few rabbits from Stitch’s magic hat too!

Welcome to the club Frankie and best of luck.

I'm unconvinced but not totally underwhelmed.  I was hoping for someone who had a semblence of a managerial track record and I'm a bit disappointed that we haven't got that (of course that means we haven't got a proven failure which is a plus).

But Bunn's coaching CV is pretty decent and local too.  So connections and links for transfers could be possible.  

He needs to have a decent start but I think with the one year deal both he and the club know it.

Finally it's probably more semantics than anything else, but scoring six in a game makes you more of a cult hero than a legend surely?

So with the new manager sorted, let's see what squad we can build.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

2 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

Some of the reactions on this thread are pathetic.

Good luck, Frankie.

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Not as pathetic as that comma :grin:

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

But, like Redfearns penalty, Bunn's 6 goals were momentous in our history and, therefore, propel a very good player higher in the great/legend stakes.....

How do missing apostrophes rate on the punctuation scoring system? ?

Welcome back Frankie. Really nice guy.

I can't think of many better centeforwards over the last 40 years (Sharp being one, but he was a bit of a shit), despite the crap being posted by some on here. I always remember one goal in front of the Chaddy End, when he was clean through but had to go into a full on challenge with the goalkeeper. He was obviously going to get seriously clattered, but he didn't bottle it. He never did. Always put in a shift. Great signing at the time. Perfect foil for Ritchie. You'd have to know zero about football and the wider contribution someone like Frank was able to make if you're serious about having a pop at him.

Here's hoping he can do another job for us. I think he might need a gobby, aggressive assistant, but  his coaching knowledge and experience means he should be able to give it a real go.

Good luck Frankie!