Who to Believe?

So after today's events do we think the club are becoming more stable after last seasons problems or is Mike Keegan's article closer to the truth? I don't know what to believe anymore but there's no smoke without fire. Strange goings on.

Would be nice if someone could confirm the things mentioned are correct or false? The late payment of players and staff, the problems with the pitch management company etc. Would be nice if the Trust could give us more clarity that things are going well. Surely they weren't expecting this to happen.

3 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

Under no illusions the Keegan article is largely true albeit dramatised.

AL clearly has a way of running a club that doesn't bode well with most.

My worry is we go down the Conintental Coach, whoever the owner brings in, route.

The next few weeks are going to be interesting , or worrying.

9 weeks to the end of the transfer window.

25 minutes ago, Macca said:

So after today's events do we think the club are becoming more stable after last seasons problems or is Mike Keegan's article closer to the truth? I don't know what to believe anymore but there's no smoke without fire. Strange goings on.

Would be nice if someone could confirm the things mentioned are correct or false? The late payment of players and staff, the problems with the pitch management company etc. Would be nice if the Trust could give us more clarity that things are going well. Surely they weren't expecting this to happen.

Keegan is spot on unfortunately! 

Club is is a joke and being run badly with staff looking to walk behind the scenes. 

AL.

On the plus side-

He’s kept season tickets price on offer a lot longer than first thought. 

When he does speak, it’s articulate and professional. 

He’s put substantial amounts of money in, and says he committed ong term. 

On the down side- 

A lot is coming out and/or being leaked- but there’s two sides to every story.

He hasn’t once come out an told us his vision. 

It seems its his way or the high way. . 

It’s a weird set up. 

The PR from the club is much better. 

But the PR about the club is as bad as ever, and there a lot more leaks under AL than there ever were under Corney. 

Its really hard to any  grasp of what the actual fuck is going on. 

Edited by League one forever

I’m giving up asking for clarity about if the players were paid on time or not? Seems to fall on deaf ears. As for all the crazy going on, I think it’s pointless guessing! The next manager/signings will indicate where we are going. I don’t think any amount of words will speak louder than the next few choices from AL.

1 hour ago, singe said:

My worry is we go down the Conintental Coach, whoever the owner brings in, route.  

Why? 

Thats a whole continent full of very good managers you’re dismissing out of hand......  

Edited by HarryBosch

38 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Why? 

Thats a whole continent full of very good managers you’re dismissing out of hand......  

The concern isnt necessarily the passport but if the coach is as good as the #frenchlad, players we have brought in then it doesnt bode well going forwards.

Im also guessing that the continental coach wont be of the likes of Guardiola Ancelotti or Zidane.

51 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Why? 

Yep every single one of them! UKipper style.

I would be concerned at the Continental Coach/Director of Football/Owner selecting players model though. Not sure where it has ever worked in the UK.

13 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

The concern isnt necessarily the passport but if the coach is as good as the #frenchlad, players we have brought in then it doesnt bode well going forwards.

Im also guessing that the continental coach wont be of the likes of Guardiola Ancelotti or Zidane.

Or Seedorf?

3 minutes ago, singe said:

Yep every single one of them! UKipper style.

I would be concerned at the Continental Coach/Director of Football/Owner selecting players model though. Not sure where it has ever worked in the UK.

Wolves?

2 hours ago, singe said:

The next few weeks are going to be interesting , or worrying.

9 weeks to the end of the transfer window.

The best continental coach I know is Shearings, but he'd cost too much.

32 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Whoever we get will likely be “continental” - even if he comes from Stalybridge. We are leaving the union not the continent 

in fact, strictly speaking every single person in the world is continental as we all live on one.... Apart from Donald Trump who seems to live on Pluto 

Edited by Buckshawlatic

12 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Wolves?

We'll have to see next season, one season a change in culture does not make.

Their manager has seen a remarkable turnaround from perennial underachievers and is undeniable, but I think it owes as much to  massive spending and their links to their Super Agent Jorge Mendes.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Never ceases to amaze me either. How Wellens managed to fuck up so badly in that last dozen games is incredible. 

I think we have to accept that events off the pitch made the job extremely difficult and he deserves some credit for taking it to the last day.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I think we have to accept that events off the pitch made the job extremely difficult and he deserves some credit for taking it to the last day.

Nah, come on. You know your stuff - surely you don't really believe that last 2 and a half lines of your post...

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Nah, come on. You know your stuff - surely you don't really believe that last 2 and a half lines of your post...

You'd know far more than me and I'm sure he didn't help himself at times but it must have been a nightmare trying to juggle everything that went on, especially with no previous experience to fall back on.

25 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

I am bamboozled how the shift has gone from Corney to blame to AL being a panto villain so quickly. Corney lol yes Corney on high ground??? Is the article game a smokescreen? If even parts of story are true it appears AL has paid the bills even if late before Corney departed? Wellens, back up staff have earned the right to be shown the door over is it 46 games in all comps. A shame as believe Wellens heart in right place and wish him well but many a decent player and person have proved shit at management. Some right twats good managers as know how to get best out of resources. 

AL has put himself on the rack with this and wonder who is advising him in background. Unless a replacement is already lined up its strange timing and now wasting time boogering about again. This next month is going to be critical to future of club. 

But the leaks from disgruntled employees are on verge of pathetic Not ALL the staff at Boundary Park are hero's neither are they all villains. the jovial personality tweets from Gerrard ill timed and unprofessional in most walks of life even i seething inside. Personally want a team of players who dont do bannana ratings, mouthy rants and do the business on the pitch with an average 7 or 8 out of ten every week as a minimum. I want a squad of players who give everything and dont whine about having no petrol , that was pure nonsense. 

I want a team that represents Oafc with pride in playing TOGETHER not a bunch of talented individual journeymen and wanabees who at sign of trouble on phone to agents akin to "Im a bit of twat get me out of here." I worked in a school that was very unfairly put in special measures a few paid the price but majority of staff rolled sleeves up and took the view lets prove we can do this.

Those at club over last 20 years have consistently let fans down and can now see why in group of friends now last man standing. Wonder how many of the old gang I grew up with bother these days. 

Next manager.... Not sure I actually care anymore re name its positon at Christmas that might yet see me think enough is enough. If its a newbie though I am probably giving up as its likely a cost saving plan.  Whatever viewpoint though a sorry state of affairs and should not be anywhere near this situation. 

Doesn’t matter to me what league, who owns us, who the manager is! I will still go.

IF Wellens was the source of the leak how on earth could he not get rid.

Seems the only logical explanation as to the timing of it.

We will probably never find the truth but we have to believe & support AL because at this moment he's all we've got.

Edited by losesome

1 hour ago, OldHallam said:

I am bamboozled how the shift has gone from Corney to blame to AL being a panto villain so quickly. Corney lol yes Corney on high ground??? Is the article game a smokescreen? If even parts of story are true it appears AL has paid the bills even if late before Corney departed? Wellens, back up staff have earned the right to be shown the door over is it 46 games in all comps. A shame as believe Wellens heart in right place and wish him well but many a decent player and person have proved shit at management. Some right twats good managers as know how to get best out of resources. 

AL has put himself on the rack with this and wonder who is advising him in background. Unless a replacement is already lined up its strange timing and now wasting time boogering about again. This next month is going to be critical to future of club. 

But the leaks from disgruntled employees are on verge of pathetic Not ALL the staff at Boundary Park are hero's neither are they all villains. the jovial personality tweets from Gerrard ill timed and unprofessional in most walks of life even i seething inside. Personally want a team of players who dont do bannana ratings, mouthy rants and do the business on the pitch with an average 7 or 8 out of ten every week as a minimum. I want a squad of players who give everything and dont whine about having no petrol , that was pure nonsense. 

I want a team that represents Oafc with pride in playing TOGETHER not a bunch of talented individual journeymen and wanabees who at sign of trouble on phone to agents akin to "Im a bit of twat get me out of here." I worked in a school that was very unfairly put in special measures a few paid the price but majority of staff rolled sleeves up and took the view lets prove we can do this.

Those at club over last 20 years have consistently let fans down and can now see why in group of friends now last man standing. Wonder how many of the old gang I grew up with bother these days. 

Next manager.... Not sure I actually care anymore re name its positon at Christmas that might yet see me think enough is enough. If its a newbie though I am probably giving up as its likely a cost saving plan.  Whatever viewpoint though a sorry state of affairs and should not be anywhere near this situation. 

Well said Old Hallam.I agree with your sentiments 100%