Who to Believe?

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

I think we have to accept that events off the pitch made the job extremely difficult and he deserves some credit for taking it to the last day.

I dont have to accept that.  As of now I don’t think Wellens is leader material.  Maybe as a player by example but as a manager he was seriously lacking imo.  

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I dont have to accept that.  As of now I don’t think Wellens is leader material.  Maybe as a player by example but as a manager he was seriously lacking imo.  

Time will tell perhaps. Personally think any manager deserves the chance to work without distractions and interference.

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I did say the other day that the shit would hit the fan when AL found out who the mole was. Well today the shit has hit the fan big time and the next poster of the staff to go who causes bad feeling on the media and in the dressing room will be Gerrard.

Isn't this simply a case of AL waking up thinking "fuck it, I'm getting my own man in if I'm about to spend even more money"

AL pumped in a lot of money to buy the club,  blew the budget out the water to secure Doyle, Byrne, Bryan AND blew even more money on RWs other signings.  

AL is obviously more gutted than we are.  If he needs to break a few eggs to secure promotion and he's putting his money in then goodbye RW...and any of the other players who aren't happy with the changes afoot.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

I think we have to accept that events off the pitch made the job extremely difficult and he deserves some credit for taking it to the last day.

:lol:

That was mostly down the the shit form of other teams. Was it one win in the last 12 games?  Aye, well done, Richie. Cheerio. 

18 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Isn't this simply a case of AL waking up thinking "fuck it, I'm getting my own man in if I'm about to spend even more money"

AL pumped in a lot of money to buy the club,  blew the budget out the water to secure Doyle, Byrne, Bryan AND blew even more money on RWs other signings.  

AL is obviously more gutted than we are.  If he needs to break a few eggs to secure promotion and he's putting his money in then goodbye RW...and any of the other players who aren't happy with the changes afoot.

It's great that he provided funds for Byrne, Doyle and Bryan.

However, if the MK article is to be believed, he appears to have blown most of his budget on random, average nobodies that he "recommended".

Having finances to back us is great.  Spending it incredibly wastefully isn't.

9 minutes ago, JoeP said:

It's great that he provided funds for Byrne, Doyle and Bryan.

However, if the MK article is to be believed, he appears to have blown most of his budget on random, average nobodies that he "recommended".

Having finances to back us is great.  Spending it incredibly wastefully isn't.

Yes he blew on Menig but RW was backed too with the likes of Pringle, McEleney.

That squad was more than capable of staying up.  RW was unable to achieve what he was paid to do.  

New season, new manager...stuff the negativity and circus being played out in media

32 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Wellens wasn’t a fan of the majority of the squad. He thought most of them were ‘thick’. They couldn’t take on simple instructions after being told time and time again 

That’s rich. 

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

With that squad, we should have been comfortably safe before the last day. 

We should have been safe before we only had Hamer and Edmundson as defence options. 

2 hours ago, losesome said:

IF Wellens was the source of the leak how on earth could he not get rid.

Seems the only logical explanation as to the timing of it.

We will probably never find the truth but we have to believe & support AL because at this moment he's all we've got.

My thinking too. Would somebody who knew their days were numbered spend their bank holiday weekend or whatever it was trying to sign Baxter?  Clearly there’s been a breakdown in trust between Abdallah and Richie with these recent stories in the press. Maybe Abdallah had his doubts before this, we’ll never know. What is important is trust between the chairman/owner and manager at any club.

8 hours ago, singe said:

With that squad, we should have been comfortably safe before the last day. 

We should have been safe before we only had Hamer and Edmundson as defence options. 

The entire squad needed to be pulling in the same direction, though.

It's OK saying "with that squad we should have stayed up comfortably", but if there's cliques within the squad and AL's "recommendations" are unjustifiably being wined and dined in fancy Manchester hotels, whilst picking up a fat wage and the majority of the other players in the squad aren't, Wellens had a fairly impossible task in bringing them all together.

4 minutes ago, JoeP said:

The entire squad needed to be pulling in the same direction, though.

It's OK saying "with that squad we should have stayed up comfortably", but if there's cliques within the squad and AL's "recommendations" are unjustifiably being wined and dined in fancy Manchester hotels, whilst picking up a fat wage and the majority of the other players in the squad aren't, Wellens had a fairly impossible task in bringing them all together.

Not sure, none of the were on the pitch... 

As my children refused to let me sleep last night l, I've thought of something else that concerns me. The Baxter deal...

Does this still go through now RW is no longer in charge? He has agreed a deal 'in principle' RW worked to bring him in...

I know it's only a small part of a bigger picture, but it's the only feel good thing that's happened to us since relegation. I don't think we could all take that falling through. 

11 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Wellens wasn’t a fan of the majority of the squad. He thought most of them were ‘thick’. They couldn’t take on simple instructions after being told time and time again 

So he blames everyone else bar himself, maybe he should have reflected that his methods of communication were questionable if the majority were not taking his instructions. Evidence really of his poor coaching and managerial qualities rather than anything else if what you are saying is true.

Hopefully he can reflect , learn and change his approach in a new role.

14 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

How so?

Because he doesn’t strike me as the brightest either. No orator is he. Although the Manc accent doesn’t help (and really grates on me)

Edited by kowenicki