2 hours ago, Midsblue said:

I'm still bemused why there is a perceived mistrust of AL.  This guy has pumped in millions thus far to buy the club plus demonstrated his commitment further by pumping hundreds of thousands more into signings.  He's publicly stated he's here long term (granted Moore said the same just before QPR) and his only "crimes" so far is signing his own players he believed would improve us further, alleging undermining the manager and blowing £11k a week on Menig who, on paper, should have ripped us our league.

That isn't his role!  Because he owns the club, he can sign who he wants whether the manager wants them or not??

Does it not all just seem a little bit amiss to you?

8 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Maybe he was but has SC left the club in a better state than Moore did and if so why? 

Corney - and please please please for all his faults let’s not forget the other 2 bastards who still milk day to day money in Blitz and Gazal!! Have undoubtedly left us in a much much worse place than we were in 2003.  HMRC weren’t raiding us or serving winding up orders like confetti then.

the 3 of them can burn in hell for me and have their golden bricks shoved firmly up theirs lying arseholes (just read article from 2005 in MEN from blitz how he was here for the long term and promised to move us up)

AL is unknown but he’s pumped money in so far to steady the mess and the further we are away from that lot the better 

5 minutes ago, JoeP said:

That isn't his role!  Because he owns the club, he can sign who he wants whether the manager wants them or not??

Does it not all just seem a little bit amiss to you?

Peterborough’s owner has come out and said he has a say on signings. Some managers players and some of his, which seems to work with the money they make. So Wouldn’t be unusual for AL as owner to have a say. 

11 hours ago, League one forever said:

It’s very hard from an average fans point of view to have any inkling of what is or has gone at the club. 

I get the impression you like what you see with AL. You both come across as fair minded. So with the information your privy to, and using your own judgement. Are you confident/happy/positive with our direction of travel under him? 

I dont have any sources, or have any mates of mates at the club. I just want to glean an idea about the bloke from people who have met him, and whilst your not on the board you know a lot more than average joe. 

Im hoping that you’ll tell me we’re not going down the orient route. . . 

Apologies that my habit of sleeping till the early afternoon whenever I can has been taken as ignoring you.

What I'm not going to say is that everything is going to be great with AL - who knows? I like it that he seems interested in things that matter to the fans, and that he wants people in place who run the Club like a modern business instead of the Amateur Hour we've all got used to. 

Looking forward to seeing what we do on the football side now.

7 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Peterborough’s owner has come out and said he has a say on signings. Some managers players and some of his, which seems to work with the money they make. So Wouldn’t be unusual for AL as owner to have a say. 

There's a difference between having a say and just signing players that the manager doesn't want..

17 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Allegedly fully employed by Abdallah now. Conflict of interest regarding his posiston on the board with the trust?

You'd think so, wouldn't you? It would be as obvious to Simon and the rest of the Trust board as everyone else if that becomes the case. Chill.

49 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Apologies that my habit of sleeping till the early afternoon whenever I can has been taken as ignoring you.

What I'm not going to say is that everything is going to be great with AL - who knows? I like it that he seems interested in things that matter to the fans, and that he wants people in place who run the Club like a modern business instead of the Amateur Hour we've all got used to. 

Looking forward to seeing what we do on the football side now.

Thanks for getting back. 

We do seem a lot more inclusive from a fan point of view. Which is great. But nobody at the club seems to want to be there. Maybe he just needs more time to get it running as he wants. Shifts in attitude and working sometimes take a long time to come to fruition. 

We’ll see. 

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

He's doing marketing, I don't see that's a concern sharing with the Trust.

He was doing that, and as that is his career, air enough. And bringing that added value from Trust to club.

But he is more than that now. He is Commercial Manager and has replaced 2 people in effect. It is a different role, quite significantly in my view. Significantly enough to ask whether it is position rather than his experience that has gained him this opportunity.

He is dealing with knowledge of the financial arrangements, and at times cannot divulge what he knows to the Trust.

I have no doubt Simon is a man of great integrity, but we are in a position where we have to trust him to do the right thing, rather than know he will. And that has gone wrong in the near past.

Simon is beholden to AL, whichever way you look at it.

And he has seemingly been in this position since Sept 2017. About the time AL was revealed as involved in taking over.

What puzzles me is why the lack of transparency about it.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/club/contact-us/

6 hours ago, underdog said:

The Rep on the board is not a role not all can commit too. That not to put people off but having a grasp of business and to be able committ time to attend board meetings/represent your trust during a typical working week is not for all. I know I don't have the skills or time to do it I know my limits

Secondly when your are accepted to the board it's a business first so you take on the legal responsibilities of running the business even when it's not in a good financial order and the legal consequences of it. Bearing in mind the HMRC raid pre Xmas has not been closed down with.

So having certain skills, commitment and time on a voluntary unpaid basis might bring you to the attention of an organisation that wants you to head hunt you and make you an offer. Yes this happened to Barry and I'll be honest, I'm not privy too anything yet with Simon Brooke as this his is business at the moment....he is a person that will tell us if anthing with regards to a conflict happens. 

Yes he has been at the club helping our club since he took on the Trust role and having him there has put the Trust in a better partnership with the new owner as he previous one was not so welcoming in the end

I believe we are in a better position because of the work he has done and kept us in a dialogue with the new owner and like LL has said the owner wants to work with the trust too

Yes the trust can evolve and if changes need to be made like we did with Batry,  then we will look at it again if it happens

Thanks

Thank you.

Has he been helping  the Commerical Department since September 2017, when Luke foster left?

And has he taken no remuneration for helping since September 2017?

2 hours ago, singe said:

Thank you.

Has he been helping  the Commerical Department since September 2017, when Luke foster left?

And has he taken no remuneration for helping since September 2017?

I know he has been at the club as his capacity as Trust rep. But I dont genuinely know about the commercial side and pay part.

I have missed a couple of meetings so maybe it has been discussed then and like LL has said and I believe too, if there is and will be a potential conflict. I have trust the Simon would disclose it.

We have a Trust meeting schedule this week to make sure we are on target and to get prepared for the upcoming AGM inJuly. We always get a rep update so I am sure it will be raised.

Tba I'm afraid 

49 minutes ago, underdog said:

I know he has been at the club as his capacity as Trust rep. But I dont genuinely know about the commercial side and pay part.

I have missed a couple of meetings so maybe it has been discussed then and like LL has said and I believe too, if there is and will be a potential conflict. I have trust the Simon would disclose it.

We have a Trust meeting schedule this week to make sure we are on target and to get prepared for the upcoming AGM inJuly. We always get a rep update so I am sure it will be raised.

Tba I'm afraid 

Thanks Tracy.

I'm uncomfortable with it to be honest. 

1 hour ago, Smiler13 said:

What date is the AGM? Where is it being held? What time will it start ??

That's what we will be discussing this week.

we have to give two weeks notice and we have to make sure we have a venue. We don't want the date to clash with an big sporting events going on

we will keep you all updated.

11 minutes ago, underdog said:

That's what we will be discussing this week.

we have to give two weeks notice and we have to make sure we have a venue. We don't want the date to clash with an big sporting events going on

we will keep you all updated.

Thanks Tracy

1 hour ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I’ve been told he’s been helping out in an unpaid capacity as there is currently no commercial department at the club. 

Thanks Buckshawlatic, not that I doubt you, but I will raise it at our meeting this week as it needs to be clarified with the rest of t he Trust board.

9 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Surely trust should know anyway?

I know Simon gives up some his time to attend the club in his Trust capacity and I am aware he has helped out occasionally with other stuff when asked., because he's a fan and as we all know if our club asked for help we chip in.

I don't know it is paid work. I presumed not, so I will ask the question as it's been raised now as well as the job title if it's him.

thanks