42 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Seems like a straightforward enough question to me, not sure what the delay is.

Well this is where I get a little bit sarcastic...as I'm getting wazzed off now.

it's the weekend, we have a life beyond owtb, I don't have him on speed dial and it's a Saturday night he could be with his family, he could be away for the weekend, I could be away and just be logging in.

and....it's not the end of the world question, I'm going to take a chance and say.....it can wait until next weeks meeting

There are three a Trust directors that log on here on a daily basis beyond their daily life and we monitor other social media stuff too. No offence but I don't think any poster has not had at least some acknowledgment to their question with a 24hr time frame, even if it's to say we will get back to you.

So we will get the facts and get back to you.

Edited by underdog
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, underdog said:

No offence but I don't think any poster has not had at least some acknowledgment to their question with a 24hr time frame, even if it's to say we will get back to you.

Not entirely true. I asked on the 23rd April if the supporters bar planned for December was still going to happen. It is now the 9th June...

11 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Unless there is another Simon Brooke the official club website says he is the Commercial Manager, a quick text should clear it up one way or the other.

Agree, it's painful watching people digging bigger holes for themselves at times.

Why all the secrecy and cloak and dagger, so much for transparency.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Unless there is another Simon Brooke the official club website says he is the Commercial Manager, a quick text should clear it up one way or the other.

To be fair the same website had Sheridan listed as manager till about 6 months after he’d left ?

9 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Im led to believe he has been helping as there is currently no commercial department at the club. From what I’ve been told he does not have a contract or being paid 

No offence Buckshaw, but why only you being told?

It clearly states he is the Commercial Manager.

But none of us know. More questions than answers.

Simon is clearly a man of integrity, but he has put himself in a difficult position. I am not accusing him, just trying to find out what, when etc

Why is there no Commercial Dept? Did AL get rid of Luke Foster and Billy Quarmby, and Jenny move to OEC with a view to saving money by only replacing them with Simon and an Apprentice?

Luke Foster left in Sept 2017. around the time AL first came to prominence. Has Simon been working for Commercial since then? We were not told why Simon was spending a day a week at the club, but it was inferred it was on Trust business  It then transpired he was being left out of the loop.

Simon, as a Trust Director has a duty to inform the Trust of any POSSIBLE conflicts, not wait for them to happen. I'm astounded his fellow Trust members are in the dark about his Commercial activities,

Hypothetically, Simon could have signed a deal that meant OAFC was short £500,000 expected income that was expected to cover Menigs wages. Is his primary duty to inform the Trust first or AL? He might decide not to tell the Trust.

Too many are saying don't ask awkward questions, which experience says ask even more.

10 minutes ago, singe said:

No offence Buckshaw, but why only you being told?

It clearly states he is the Commercial Manager.

But none of us know. More questions than answers.

Simon is clearly a man of integrity, but he has put himself in a difficult position. I am not accusing him, just trying to find out what, when etc

Why is there no Commercial Dept? Did AL get rid of Luke Foster and Billy Quarmby, and Jenny move to OEC with a view to saving money by only replacing them with Simon and an Apprentice?

Luke Foster left in Sept 2017. around the time AL first came to prominence. Has Simon been working for Commercial since then? We were not told why Simon was spending a day a week at the club, but it was inferred it was on Trust business  It then transpired he was being left out of the loop.

Simon, as a Trust Director has a duty to inform the Trust of any POSSIBLE conflicts, not wait for them to happen. I'm astounded his fellow Trust members are in the dark about his Commercial activities,

Hypothetically, Simon could have signed a deal that meant OAFC was short £500,000 expected income that was expected to cover Menigs wages. Is his primary duty to inform the Trust first or AL? He might decide not to tell the Trust.

Too many are saying don't ask awkward questions, which experience says ask even more.

I genuinely don’t know - I’ve. It not been told anything as some sort of in the know guy - I just pass on what I hear. I do know Jenny left the commercial dept years ago and is now only part of the OEC, Luke Foster left after selling the grand total of fuck all and Billy as left recently in unknown circumstances but looks to have just moved on 

3 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I genuinely don’t know - I’ve. It not been told anything as some sort of in the know guy - I just pass on what I hear. I do know Jenny left the commercial dept years ago and is now only part of the OEC, Luke Foster left after selling the grand total of fuck all and Billy as left recently in unknown circumstances but looks to have just moved on 

Reassuring to know the commercial dept is running efficiently maximizing income. 

9 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I'm sorry I mentioned Jenny, she moved 18 months ago, I thought she still did some Commercial work. 

12 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Not entirely true. I asked on the 23rd April if the supporters bar planned for December was still going to happen. It is now the 9th June...

Paddy, there is a question for the trust page pinned at the top of owtb. This is questions don't get lost in reams of pages before we get a chance to login

So if it was posted in that pinned thread  then apologies we have missed it.

Obviously it didn't happen and it's on our wishlist that Al asked for pre relegation

So tba

Edited by underdog

12 hours ago, LaticsLegend said:

Trust communication seems be  incredibly fluffy and never seems to answer the questions asked.

Now I'm just waiting for the "well if you can do better, you're welcome to try" comment that usually follows.

Other than Si Brooke none of us have training in communication or marketing so yes come and do better. We need help

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Other than Si Brooke none of us have training in communication or marketing so yes come and do better. We need help

I’d stop digging if I was you.

“Training in Communication”?

Not sure training is required for transparency and clarity of message from a fans representative trust. 

Trained communicators are generally ‘trained’ (coached) to be on message or to get their message and agenda across in a way that suits them. 

14 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Agree, it's painful watching people digging bigger holes for themselves at times.

Why all the secrecy and cloak and dagger, so much for transparency.

I refer you to my countless previous posts regarding conflict and privacy required of a shareholder and board member. 

7 hours ago, underdog said:

There are outside training courses worth considering, as a former club secretary I have been on a few, this looks interesting  for you.

file:///C:/Users/Echo/Downloads/Society%20Secretary%20Guidance.pdf

36 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

A very good insight I think into the role of a supporters trust and confidentiality clarification.

http://www.supporters-direct.scot/a-guide-to-negotiating-supporter-representation/

All a few people want to know is whether Simon Brooke is being paid for any role by the club. How the trust members don't already know that is beyond me. 

How they don't know what work he's doing or how long he's been doing it for is beyond me.

Can you really expect the trust to hold the club to account over anything when they don't know what their own representative at board level is doing?

34 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

All a few people want to know is whether Simon Brooke is being paid for any role by the club. How the trust members don't already know that is beyond me. 

How they don't know what work he's doing or how long he's been doing it for is beyond me.

Can you really expect the trust to hold the club to account over anything when they don't know what their own representative at board level is doing?

All I want to know is, we’re the players paid on time or not. Surely this question should be answered. If they weren’t paid on time? Why? Is it a blip, a payment error. Or much worse ...

4 minutes ago, latics22 said:

All I want to know is, we’re the players paid on time or not. Surely this question should be answered. If they weren’t paid on time? Why? Is it a blip, a payment error. Or much worse ...

Not really arsed about that. Whether or not Brooke is now on the OAFC payroll should be much easier to answer...

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

This.

On 09/06/2018 at 10:35 AM, Midsblue said:

Why is it a conflict of interest?

That statement implies the board and the Trust have difference agendas.  It also suggests that Brooke is corruptible.

Appreciate that the cynics may want the Trust rep to not be an employee of the club.  However, surely if Brooke's role as Commercial Director is to generate income to boost playing budget to succeed on the pitch whilst safeguarding the future off it is the same Trust rep's objective?  Just because you're employed by the club doesn't mean you relinquish being a fan.  Also if you have to make tough decisions on the board then would you disagree as the Trust Rep if it means jeopardising future of the club by foregoing financial responsibilities to fund signings and create a bigger mess?!

It's a valid question.  Of course it's a conflict of interest for the Trust rep to be an employee of the club - Barry as good as did the same and ceased to represent the Trust or the fans at all as far as I could see.  And, where such a conflict exists, everyone should be viewed as corruptible (it doesn't mean they are).

I've got no issue with Simon at all.  If he has taken employment with the club then good luck to him but he should step down from the Trust.