Surely the Trust's primary task is a link between club and fans. They may well know more than they pass on, that's the way business and life works. To measure the information they relate with someone who obviously has a mole(s) within the club isn't a fair comparison in my opinion. Perhaps they do know more than they're letting on but it could be sensitive information that needs confidentiality which posters on here are not constrained by. If we all passed on the rumours we've heard either directly or indirectly from people apparently within the club there'd be even more shit on here than there already is.

I'm not really arsed either way but its pretty predictable that those from the Trust who take the time to post on here are now getting all defensive when challenged about what their actual purpose is.. 

Anyway in other news how's the Supporters Bar coming along...

37 minutes ago, leeslover said:

You want the Trust to confirm or deny every rumour on here, Twitter and in the pub, and make an official statement about everything we hear that isn't legally confidential. Or presumably make a statement saying that we don't know.

Hate to be the one to have to say it, but it ain't happening.

You struggle with conversation without patronising people. 

Its a shame. 

If you can’t see the difference between the trust saying ‘we’re aware of the situation’ and then saying  ‘it’s club business’ then that’s a worry. 

11 minutes ago, League one forever said:

If you can’t see the difference between the trust saying ‘we’re aware of the situation’ and then saying  ‘it’s club business’ then that’s a worry. 

In what way exactly would either of those responses improve your life?

4 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

I think you're being very charitable.  It was very clear to me that he fucking despised his fellow fans and the Trust position was nothing but a nuisance to him - a route to what he really wanted, which was a job in football.

And don't forget this is a man who asked solicitors to monitor the content of OWTB and threatened legal action, on the basis that people were posting about how fucking useless a fans' representative he was.

He can fuck right off, as far as I'm concerned.

Very succinctly put. Spot on in every respect.

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Surely the Trust's primary task is a link between club and fans. They may well know more than they pass on, that's the way business and life works. To measure the information they relate with someone who obviously has a mole(s) within the club isn't a fair comparison in my opinion. Perhaps they do know more than they're letting on but it could be sensitive information that needs confidentiality which posters on here are not constrained by. If we all passed on the rumours we've heard either directly or indirectly from people apparently within the club there'd be even more shit on here than there already is.

I would say its not for the Trust to to post rumours and hearsay, only actual facts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I would say its not for the Trust to to post rumours and hearsay, only actual facts.

I would add to that, only actual facts that they are entitled or allowed to divulge. I don't get this belief that we, as fans, can demand to know the far end of a cat's arse's uncle.

The members of the Trust simply cannot divulge every single snippet of information with which they are entrusted.

Lee Sinnott talks to a number of people at the club. If they choose to give him insider knowledge and he wishes to post that knowledge on here, with their permission I would hope, then so be it. It could be the "insider" is giving the game away when he/she shouldn't be. That is not Mr Sinnott's fault.

But the Trust must act ethically with what they are privy to and, if that is not for public consumption, so be that as well.

Tbh, the last 18months under the previous dynamic has been horrendous for us all, much so for Simon Brooke who had to walk into the mix on a weekly basis.

ive posted it before, instead of us being able to concentrate on fan/club stuff we have had to be briefed on potential monthly minefields that we in our path or grenade chucked in. We've had to absorb this info and think about putting it out in the public domain and the consequences to the people who work at the club and our clubs reputation. Jorvik and a Trust Chair were liasing with supporters direct with regards to our membership with them, just in case we had too tap into their legal team...they helped out at Carlisle I believe.

we've been battered boy both sides at times, we were cut out of the scoreboard,the Gordon Lawton memorial cricket match should have  last year, told if the fans want the RRE renaming the Frizzell stand then the fans/trust can pay for it, then we have the fans bar when both OEC and a Trust we blocked last minute by the club itself. 

Now we have a new owner...we still in transition as we all know old stuff keeps cropping up. The trust AGM is in July, it's a fresh start, wipe the slate clean, now is the time to get involved get us on track to do fans stuff....and yes Yarddog, a working group was set up last night to look at getting the fans bar back on track.

Posting even though I can't be arsed these days with OWTB. Rather just read and laugh at the amount of shite posted.

In true OWTB folklore utterly wrong, Barry was not Corney's puppet. Absolute polar opposites and warring factions. But as you were.

No one better to guide AL through all the minefields Corney left in his wake.

To all those who want every issue gone through by a fine tooth comb by the Trust committee my advise is...…...forget it, it just can't happen.

13 hours ago, latics22 said:

I think Barry gets a bit of a rough ride from the fans. He came out and patronized them, when it was all a mess. I personally believe he does have the clubs best interest at heart

That’s better.

6 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Im happy for trust directors and the trust director on the board to know more than me about what goes on at the club. I dont need to know all the detail and quite frankly it would be bad practice of them to tell us all and sundry.

The fact that some of you demand to know as much as they do yet show no effort whatsoever to get involved when they ask for help smacks of entitlement.

If you want to know more get involved if not (like me) then fine but drop the paranoia.

Paranoia? About what? 

What are you talking about??? 

Your making things up about a person you’ve never met.

Ive praised the effort the trust put in many, many times, and for you to default to that arguement is predictable, and completely misses the point. 

I’m ‘entitled’ to precisely nothing. I don’t want to know anything confidential, and to suggest that’s what I’m asking for, is insulting my intelligence. 

Is knowing who works at the club and in what capacity to much to ask?? 

This may sound trivial or not important. However, it all adds up to the general direction the club is going. An seeing as though we’ve just been relegated, I would like to at least hope we’re getting our shit together to avoid another relegation battle. I would like AL to come out and gavalanise us, but we still haven’t heard peep six months in. 

So. We’re left asking if the trust can shed any light on what’s going on? 

What on earth is wrong with that? 

3 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

I would add to that, only actual facts that they are entitled or allowed to divulge. I don't get this belief that we, as fans, can demand to know the far end of a cat's arse's uncle.

The members of the Trust simply cannot divulge every single snippet of information with which they are entrusted.

Lee Sinnott talks to a number of people at the club. If they choose to give him insider knowledge and he wishes to post that knowledge on here, with their permission I would hope, then so be it. It could be the "insider" is giving the game away when he/she shouldn't be. That is not Mr Sinnott's fault.

But the Trust must act ethically with what they are privy to and, if that is not for public consumption, so be that as well.

Sorry, but that bollocks. 

Your generalising like everybody else. 

Who has asked for the in and outs of a cats arse?

Who has asked the trust how much x is on, or to divulge confidential information? 

No one. Not one single person. 

Apparently though we are supposed to guess now who does and doesn’t work at the club, and  just hope it works. 

Unbeilevable. (The situation, not you) 

5 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

In what way exactly would either of those responses improve your life?

You said in another thread, ‘for the first time I’m struggling to muster a fuck about the next manger’ I feel the same. An it isn’t just about being relegated, it’s the total apathy with the way the club has been and is being run. Not one successful side comes from a club, where behind the scenes it’s a mess. The communication, running things properly, and professionally all add up to success on the pitch. 

Why can’t people see that? 

So no Harry, neither sentence will change or improve my life. Nor did i think or hope it would. 

But it might be a little clue that there’s light at the end of tunnel, for something I’ve spent a lot of my life following, and supporting. 

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

Paranoia? About what? 

What are you talking about??? 

Your making things up about a person you’ve never met.

Ive praised the effort the trust put in many, many times, and for you to default to that arguement is predictable, and completely misses the point. 

I’m ‘entitled’ to precisely nothing. I don’t want to know anything confidential, and to suggest that’s what I’m asking for, is insulting my intelligence. 

Is knowing who works at the club and in what capacity to much to ask?? 

This may sound trivial or not important. However, it all adds up to the general direction the club is going. An seeing as though we’ve just been relegated, I would like to at least hope we’re getting our shit together to avoid another relegation battle. I would like AL to come out and gavalanise us, but we still haven’t heard peep six months in. 

So. We’re left asking if the trust can shed any light on what’s going on? 

What on earth is wrong with that? 

Youve said the trust is "shrouded in mystery" and that they "like being in the know" you seem to be under some impression that their is some big secret they are keeping from us all.

Underdog has said they have an AGM coming up perhaps you should go along and try and get some answers yourself offer some help perhaps Im sure they will appreciate it.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Youve said the trust is "shrouded in mystery" and that they "like being in the know" you seem to be under some impression that their is some big secret they are keeping from us all.

Underdog has said they have an AGM coming up perhaps you should go along and try and get some answers yourself offer some help perhaps Im sure they will appreciate it.

Like you. I don’t want to. So what i’ll do is, like you i’ll praise their effort, and appreciate the time they put in. 

Unlike you, I’m trying to find out who works at the club, and what’s going on, so I can get behind something or convince myself I care enough to go to games. However it seems I’m asking wayyyy to much there. 

So ill just close my eyes, pretend that off the field matters don’t really affect the playing side, and hope for that magical top 7 place. 

21 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Like you. I don’t want to. So what i’ll do is, like you i’ll praise their effort, and appreciate the time they put in. 

Unlike you, I’m trying to find out who works at the club, and what’s going on, so I can get behind something or convince myself I care enough to go to games. However it seems I’m asking wayyyy to much there. 

So ill just close my eyes, pretend that off the field matters don’t really affect the playing side, and hope for that magical top 7 place. 

If this is still about Simon Brooke, then I'm afraid that it's quite right that the Trust should be aware of a future potential conflict of interest, and quite right that we don't discuss it in public until such time as it's a fact and all parties are ready to go public. I'm sorry if it comes across as patronising but perhaps it's a good thing that we can keep our mouths shut when it comes to an individual's private circumstances

3 minutes ago, leeslover said:

If this is still about Simon Brooke, then I'm afraid that it's quite right that the Trust should be aware of a future potential conflict of interest, and quite right that we don't discuss it in public until such time as it's a fact and all parties are ready to go public. I'm sorry if it comes across as patronising but perhaps it's a good thing that we can keep our mouths shut when it comes to an individual's private circumstances

Agreed..Why do fans expect the Trust to reveal everything they hear? They well know the name of the new manager, but they can't be expected to breach confidentiality before an official announcement. 

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Agreed..Why do fans expect the Trust to reveal everything they hear? They well know the name of the new manager, but they can't be expected to breach confidentiality before an official announcement. 

Because they are supposed to be acting on behalf of the supporters.

They met with Abdallah, kept it quiet.

Brooke works for the club, not mentioned.

Any useful information, no matter how trivial they think it is, should be revealed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Any useful information, no matter how trivial they think it is, should be revealed.

I heard the club put a stationary order through last week. 

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

I think perhaps you should look at the trust's stated objectives. I'm pretty sure that they don't include revealing trivia. 

Not entirely sure what the Trust are there for now? They seem unwilling to communicate with fans with the most minor of details. Of course, we should not be privy to confidential info but for example the Jose Baxter situ where they still haven’t announced it makes it almost comical. 

Brooke gets to wear a suit and gets a free meal every game and is now seemingly employed by the club so there evidently seems to be a conflict of interest.

If the trust don’t want to communicate anything to the fans and want to stay as this weird secretive group then I whole heartedly object to the groups existence and it should be folded as it does not seem to serve the point it originally intended to do so. 

7 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

How very constructive. No wonder they struggle for volunteers. 

I'd go on the website but it doesn't work.

Still not had a straight answer as to what Brooke has been doing these last few months, the man himself seems more elusive than Lord Lucan and the attitude seems to be how dare you question it anyway.