14 minutes ago, Clifford said:

On what planet do you ensure this? If our new supreme leader says he is off, ceases paying the bills with the club having little or no assets please inform me how you will ensure the club exists? There is little or nothing that could be done. No assets to secure funding to. It's laughable to suggest the trust carries such importance. The trust exists because we all gave a load of money when the shit hit the fan and for that money we have seen Barry and no someone other 'fan' sat at home games having a jolly and little else.

The more I read the more I see it as a little club for a few super fans to get a bit of info and a pat on the back. If the trust rep on the board is or becomes an employee of the club it is a disgrace. 

Can't disagree with none of that :OASISscarf:

4 hours ago, Clifford said:

On what planet do you ensure this? If our new supreme leader says he is off, ceases paying the bills with the club having little or no assets please inform me how you will ensure the club exists? There is little or nothing that could be done. No assets to secure funding to. It's laughable to suggest the trust carries such importance. The trust exists because we all gave a load of money when the shit hit the fan and for that money we have seen Barry and no someone other 'fan' sat at home games having a jolly and little else.

The more I read the more I see it as a little club for a few super fans to get a bit of info and a pat on the back. If the trust rep on the board is or becomes an employee of the club it is a disgrace. 

Îm on my lunch so I'll draft my initial thoughts

• Warchest....yep it needs to increase to get us in any near a position to take over if needed. The scoreboard would have help with that as well as other initiatives like fans bar, events like meet the players, meet the manager. Having a more supportive owner will let us concentrate exactly on these events from next season onwards
  • ACV the ground is protected so it can't be flattened overnight worse case scenario that is...Trust have to have 6 months notice to tailor a bid. it might not be accepted but it allows us to fundraise/raise awareness and do the necessary work that's required to do this
  • Knowledge: having a rep at board level gives us an insight on how the club is run, should be run and to be proactive if lately, its been "hitting the fan". For warned is for armed so to speak
  • Provisional plan to run the club: having someone served on and currently serving on the board of OAFC they know how our club should be run, what regular bills are coming in and when should be paid so yes, worse case scenario we could step in and run the club on a day to day basis. Did you know that Barry uncovered that the club was paying for a weekly window cleaner as it was originally part of our premiership deal that the club looked good and we did this for several seasons after we were relegated. So he saved the club money by cancelling this. That he negotiated our Police bill at reduced cost ever season, again saving the club money. Little things you don't hear of.
  •  

Pre Al,  and I think I am safe to say this now, aprox 2 season ago we were in tentative discussions that the Trust could potentially take over and run the club for a set period of time with financial support/backing if it was at a "zero" debt free balance. This is because your Rep in his opinion and after his suggestions  were not thought much of at board level, didn't think it would take to much to steady the RMS OAFC from hitting the proverbial iceberg and could be run as a sustainable business, until a new owner was found. We didn't decide to persue this but the plan was there

Just because we don't throw it all out on social media doesn't mean we don't have a plan, we don't have an understanding of how the club works and  the knowledge to run our club if we had to step in. The EFL/FA asked for a "good will" deposit from our  new owner Al, just in case things go belly up...well no-one has a crystal ball. So I'd like to think we could tap into that 6 figure sum if it did

Regardless of personnel, the club is the constant and we are here to safeguard it to the best of our abilities.

Thanks

Edited by underdog
After thought and edited after work

9 minutes ago, MAC0AFC said:

How is it a club for super fans?!?! They have literally told you to come on board, help, share ideas etc - it’s not exclusive ffs. 

Carry on as you are trust, let us know if Brooke does take the job, then we can look to put someone else in his position. 

Why does anybody have to join, or get involved for a question to be answered? 

By implication, that means if you want to know what we do, come along- get involved. 

Can’t they just pass it on? (Where applicable) 

Anyway. I’m getting myself involved in things that ultimately I have zero influence in. So what’s the point. 

Good luck Frankie. I think your gonna need it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldhamoafc said:

These trust members would be ridiculously good politicians. 

Good at dodging the questions and refocusing attention to something irrelevant.

Join them and answer the questions then?

1 hour ago, MAC0AFC said:

How is it a club for super fans?!?! They have literally told you to come on board, help, share ideas etc - it’s not exclusive ffs. 

Carry on as you are trust, let us know if Brooke does take the job, then we can look to put someone else in his position. 

*We* ?

I've paid in ( a token amount) monthly since 2006, I can only recall 1 election open to members not attending a meeting. Happy to be corrected.

2 hours ago, singe said:

*We* ?

I've paid in ( a token amount) monthly since 2006, I can only recall 1 election open to members not attending a meeting. Happy to be corrected.

Sorry Singe, do you mean Trust AGM and voting for the Trust board/co-opted members?

If so we are obliged to give members two weeks notice and we advertise it the best we can, last year it was on quite a few social media sites and in the local Chronicle too. (see above Trust Pinned thread of the announcement)

This year I am rattling the sabre for it. We are aiming for July, we had a preliminary meeting this week and subject to venue availability, we will be making that announcement soon

Thanks

9 minutes ago, underdog said:

Sorry Singe, do you mean Trust AGM and voting for the Trust board/co-opted members?

If so we are obliged to give members two weeks notice and we advertise it the best we can, last year it was on quite a few social media sites and in the local Chronicle too. (see above Trust Pinned thread of the announcement)

This year I am rattling the sabre for it. We are aiming for July, we had a preliminary meeting this week and subject to venue availability, we will be making that announcement soon

Thanks

Thanks Tracey, I can only realistically vote by post. 

Appreciate you can't do that for everyone due to cost. 

Appreciate using other technologies would not be high on the agenda, but every bit of engagement helps in the sense of belonging. 

1 hour ago, singe said:

Thanks Tracey, I can only realistically vote by post. 

Appreciate you can't do that for everyone due to cost. 

Appreciate using other technologies would not be high on the agenda, but every bit of engagement helps in the sense of belonging. 

You might have hit upon something there with regards to members who can not attend and voting by proxy/ maybe remote login?

I'll be honest and say I don't think we will have time to implement something this time, but there will be a membership drive and a designated person to look after membership, with GDPR stuff as well.

time for us to get focussed on what we really want to do.

Just now, underdog said:

You might have hit upon something there with regards to members who can not attend and voting by proxy/ maybe remote login?

I'll be honest and say I don't think we will have time to implement something this time, but there will be a membership drive and a designated person to look after membership, with GDPR stuff as well.

time for us to get focussed on what we really want to do.

Amen to that. I appreciate time is short this time round. Fingers are firmly crossed.

7 minutes ago, underdog said:

I'm up for re-election....can't decide if I want to stick my head in the noose again....haha.

Well I'd vote for you. I hugely appreciate the effort you go to to keep us informed on here, my main source of info. I'd like more training and support for you all, but your care for the Trust is self evident.

Don’t know the bloke from Adam but my old man has had a place in a hospitality box since they were available.Before the Blackpool game,the price had gone up by £700 per person for next season (we still expected to be in league one at this stage),it was determined that food had become more expensive.No communication since the Blackpool game,Jenny had been helpful but Mr Brooke has been a waste of space.Several other people in the hospitality section wonder what the hell is going on.

40 minutes ago, GrahamHughes said:

Don’t know the bloke from Adam but my old man has had a place in a hospitality box since they were available 

You should get to know him Graham, go in the box with him maybe. After all he’s your father and coincidentally you share a love of Latics. 

(Sorry ??)

17 hours ago, underdog said:

Îm on my lunch so I'll draft my initial thoughts

• Warchest....yep it needs to increase to get us in any near a position to take over if needed. The scoreboard would have help with that as well as other initiatives like fans bar, events like meet the players, meet the manager. Having a more supportive owner will let us concentrate exactly on these events from next season onwards
  • ACV the ground is protected so it can't be flattened overnight worse case scenario that is...Trust have to have 6 months notice to tailor a bid. it might not be accepted but it allows us to fundraise/raise awareness and do the necessary work that's required to do this
  • Knowledge: having a rep at board level gives us an insight on how the club is run, should be run and to be proactive if lately, its been "hitting the fan". For warned is for armed so to speak
  • Provisional plan to run the club: having someone served on and currently serving on the board of OAFC they know how our club should be run, what regular bills are coming in and when should be paid so yes, worse case scenario we could step in and run the club on a day to day basis. Did you know that Barry uncovered that the club was paying for a weekly window cleaner as it was originally part of our premiership deal that the club looked good and we did this for several seasons after we were relegated. So he saved the club money by cancelling this. That he negotiated our Police bill at reduced cost ever season, again saving the club money. Little things you don't hear of.
  •  

Pre Al,  and I think I am safe to say this now, aprox 2 season ago we were in tentative discussions that the Trust could potentially take over and run the club for a set period of time with financial support/backing if it was at a "zero" debt free balance. This is because your Rep in his opinion and after his suggestions  were not thought much of at board level, didn't think it would take to much to steady the RMS OAFC from hitting the proverbial iceberg and could be run as a sustainable business, until a new owner was found. We didn't decide to persue this but the plan was there

Just because we don't throw it all out on social media doesn't mean we don't have a plan, we don't have an understanding of how the club works and  the knowledge to run our club if we had to step in. The EFL/FA asked for a "good will" deposit from our  new owner Al, just in case things go belly up...well no-one has a crystal ball. So I'd like to think we could tap into that 6 figure sum if it did

Regardless of personnel, the club is the constant and we are here to safeguard it to the best of our abilities.

Thanks

I missed this earlier. 

I am sure those of us wanting more communication would be very happy with snippets like Barry saving money rather than just retweets of the official site (which we've already seen) all the time.

None of this should be confidential.

I don't think radio silence during the takeover helped the Trust enhance custodian status, however well meaning it was. 

I've learnt more here than in the whole of the takeover 6 months. More of this please. 

Edited by singe

• 1 month later...

So, with late payments again seemingly confirmed by Frankie Bunn, and backed up anecdotally, can the Trust clarify if there is any change in position adopted. Thus far, it has been accepting and understanding his word, on the basis of wanting a working relationship going forward.

But it is quite concerning we are struggling to pay so early in the season.

Is it time to adopt a more harder questioning approach? To try and find out the extent of A's funds? I am not suggesting being adversarial or antagonistic though.

I hope it all settles down, but in the meantime I just hope the Trust is not acquiescing to his assurances for the sake of expediency.

My take on what Bunn is saying there is, that if the players have come to him with that attitude it would suggest they are understanding of the circumstances/situation and how it'll be resolved going forward.

If they were all in the dark and had no idea how or when they were going to get paid for the rest of the season, it would be a strange thing for them to approach the manager with.  As much as they may earn more than the average salary, they'll mostly have mortgages/families and uncertainty like that would have a huge detrimental effect.

57 minutes ago, singe said:

noting that a new Commercial Assistant has been advertised now

Broady's company is now the Commercial Consultant with a new Commercial Assistant repalcing Simon Brooke.

huge turnover of staff.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/club/contact-us/

So Simon Brooke was only in the role for 6 weeks or so??

• 3 years later...