Transfer Rumours

6 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

No they can't. He's only 21, he'd only be 22 when his contract expires in June 2020. If we offer him a deal, in writing, on at least the same terms, we get compensation for him. 

However I wouldn't be surprised if he had a minimum release clause in his contract. 

There are quite a few other benefits that those clubs could offer to sweeten the deal too. 

Unless Rangers buy him.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Didn't Mike Milligan and Rick Holden go for big fees?

We received £1m for Milligan when he was sold to Everton and then £800k from Norwich when he was sold the second time round.  Holden left for City in a cash plus players sale, IIRC we got £500k plus Redmond and Pointon for him.

4 minutes ago, johnafoafc said:

We received £1m for Milligan when he was sold to Everton and then £800k from Norwich when he was sold the second time round.  Holden left for City in a cash plus players sale, IIRC we got £500k plus Redmond and Pointon for him.

Can you imagine us trading for two city players now? The world is bonkers 

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

No they can't. He's only 21, he'd only be 22 when his contract expires in June 2020. If we offer him a deal, in writing, on at least the same terms, we get compensation for him. 

However I wouldn't be surprised if he had a minimum release clause in his contract. 

There are quite a few other benefits that those clubs could offer to sweeten the deal too. 

As others have pointed out, Rangers can.

The lack of compensation due would also give them an advantage, as they  could offer higher wages due to the money saved. At least that's what I'd expect his agent to be telling them, similar to what happened with Ramsay's move to Juventus.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Didn't Mike Milligan and Rick Holden go for big fees?

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Not Barrett size unless you valued Steve Redmond at £1m plus

1 hour ago, johnafoafc said:

Yeah, Holden’s transfer to City was valued at £1.2m. I thought it was £600k + Pointon & Redmond.

Milligan £1m to Everton.

Jobson £1m to Leeds.

Gerrard £1.5m to Everton.

Barrett £1.7m to Villa.

Paul Bernard £1m to Aberdeen.

All in, 6 x £1m+ player sales in our history.

...although Wayne Harrison £250k to Liverpool was massive for a teenager in 1984?

Players we sold and were later sold again for £1m+

Goram £1m From Hibs to Rangers

Andy Linighan £1.2m from Norwich to Arsenal.

Warhurst £2.7m from Wednesday to Blackburn

Redfearn £1m from Barnsley to Charlton

Tarky £6m? from Brentford to Burnley

Anymore?

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Players we sold and were later sold again for £1m+

Goram £1m From Hibs to Rangers

Warhurst £2.7m from Wednesday to Blackburn

Tarky £6m? from Brentford to Burnley

Anymore?

Technically we didn't sell him but Chris Makin went from Sunderland to Ipswich for £1.4m

17 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Technically we didn't sell him but Chris Makin went from Sunderland to Ipswich for £1.4m

Left us for Marseille for free under the newly established Bosman ruling and then went to Sunderland the summer after for ?£700k.

3 hours ago, singe said:

Unless Rangers buy him.

1 hour ago, bozman said:

As others have pointed out, Rangers can.

The lack of compensation due would also give them an advantage, as they  could offer higher wages due to the money saved. At least that's what I'd expect his agent to be telling them, similar to what happened with Ramsay's move to Juventus.

Porter was 23 when he moved North of the Border. 

Edmundson would only be 22 when his contract expires. My understanding of the regulations is that means all clubs have to pay compensation for him, no matter if there is any 'international' aspect to it. 

5 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Edmundson would only be 22 when his contract expires. My understanding of the regulations is that means all clubs have to pay compensation for him, no matter if there is any 'international' aspect to it. 

Apparently was being shown round Rangers traiing facilities.

16 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

I think that is covered by FIFA training compensation. Which is derisory. Case possibly relevant is Danny Ings case, cost Liverpool £6.5m+ appearances compensation (£1.5m IRC), but if moved to Scotland  would have been only £270k.

10 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

Enticing him with the prospect of being a professional footballer. Absolute bastards.

The absolute state of it.
Like a drug dealer offering a couple of freebies to get him hooked.
Image result for rangers training facilities

12 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

Edmundson for £500k plus Bernardo Silva and Sterling?  Nothing bonkers about that.

Would have preferred Aguero, think him and O'Grady would link up well.

1 hour ago, singe said:

The absolute state of it.
Like a drug dealer offering a couple of freebies to get him hooked.
Image result for rangers training facilities

Hope that's sarcasm. If it's not I'll drag you all the way up to Auchenhowie, throw you in the hydrotherapy pool, fish you out and dump you in the cryochamber.   Spent about £1m already this year upgrading the surfaces, players areas inside, putting a dome over one of the pitches and there's a stand with the academy getting its own facilities at the far end.  Compare and contrast to this and your Portakabin upgrade or the rancid IRA supporting scum across the city's effort...

DSC_0111.JPG

5cd138fb2d637.jpg

531BsNd.jpg

Anyway, hopefully the lad is a player if he comes up here and the compo isn't too low.  He'll win trophies next season guaranteed. We're on our way....

Archived