Transfer Rumours

12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

According to the local Teeside rag Boro are prepared to let him go for a fee of around 250k with a decent sell on clause attached, not sure if we have money to spend but if we did he'd surely be worth a punt.

Evening Gazette:

Connor Ripley - £250,000 plus clauses

The not-so-rookie keeper has never looked like breaking through at Boro and is untested at top level although he has proved himself out on loan in Scotland and the lower leagues. If he were available there would no doubt be interest but it would be from clubs with limited budgets. Any fee may be low but with sell on clauses.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Dave1978 said:

It's a picture of him passing the Oldham junction on the M60 with a caption saying "Hello old friend ?"

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Indeed. Perhaps the key word was 'passing'. 

Surely he has passed that many times when he played for Bury though, and even Burton?

1 hour ago, singe said:

Surely he has passed that many times when he played for Bury though, and even Burton?

Not to mention going to the airport, which may have been where he was going, and other locations. 

1 hour ago, HallamBlue said:

It was accompanied by a message from someone saying follow if you are coming back to Oldham and probably teasing said poster followed back. Pictures side by side on Instagram. Clearly just a bit of banter 

Ta, never saw any of the other posts. That explains it!

In Baxter's interview he mentions working well with Benteke, Dan (presume Gardner) and Christopher.

Who's Christopher?  Am I forgetting someone obvious or is this a new #frenchlad?

21 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

In Baxter's interview he mentions working well with Benteke, Dan (presume Gardner) and Christopher.

Who's Christopher?  Am I forgetting someone obvious or is this a new #frenchlad?

Think "Christopher" was the trialist who turned the Ashton defender and crossed for Baxter to score.

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

He didn't mention working well with Byrne then?

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He didn't mention working well with Byrne then?

Yes he talked about how they’ve been linking up in training. But didn’t have much time on pitch together last night. 

4 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Who is this mystery player Underdog was referring to that we are supposedly

signing?  Was it Baxter, or someone else TBA?

3 hours ago, Handsy said:

It’s a secret 

Where's Sinnot when you need him?

3 hours ago, frizzell54 said:

Where's Sinnot when you need him?

It was confirmed t eh Trust AGM that the playershare player for 2018/19 will be Jose Baxter.

we now need to crack on and get some publicity for it all and raise awareness...

cheers everyone for your patience and contributions too

45 minutes ago, underdog said:

It was confirmed t eh Trust AGM that the playershare player for 2018/19 will be Jose Baxter.

we now need to crack on and get some publicity for it all and raise awareness...

cheers everyone for your patience and contributions too

Glad it’s finally been confirmed!

52 minutes ago, johnafoafc said:

Glad it’s finally been confirmed!

I knew who it was but we have waiting of promote it with the club, you know nice photo come and join etc...

but it's not happend yet and it was confirmed at the AGM to fans that were there who it was so I thought, stuff it...get it out there.

3 hours ago, underdog said:

I knew who it was but we have waiting of promote it with the club, you know nice photo come and join etc...

but it's not happend yet and it was confirmed at the AGM to fans that were there who it was so I thought, stuff it...get it out there.

We all knew who it was. It was blindingly obvious... and the cloak and dagger stuff was a bit daft to be honest. 

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

We all knew who it was. It was blindingly obvious... and the cloak and dagger stuff was a bit daft to be honest. 

Can you just give it a rest for once?? They wanted to do a joined up announcement to pull it all and everyone together but it didn’t work out that way. Nothing cloak and dagger, just bad timing. 

6 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Like Jorvik said no cloak and dagger.

Miscommunication and possible to bloody much exicement over who it was,  meant we pushed the button too soon and not knowing at that point in time (playershare directors that is) the club had an embargo meant Jose only agreed to sign, it could have fell through.

So a little back peddling had to be done

I know a little positiviy and we got a bit giddy on it.that's all

That's why we are looking for people with those kind of skills to help both playershare and separately, the Trust to do things better

2 hours ago, underdog said:

Miscommunication and possible to bloody much exicement over who it was,  meant we pushed the button too soon and not knowing at that point in time (playershare directors that is) the club had an embargo meant Jose only agreed to sign, it could have fell through.

So has the embargo now been lifted? What was it for?

10 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

Can you just give it a rest for once?? They wanted to do a joined up announcement to pull it all and everyone together but it didn’t work out that way. Nothing cloak and dagger, just bad timing. 

Youve read my message in a tone that I didn’t write it.... and it was a bit daft when we all knew who it was but we kept getting “I can neither confirm nor deny” type posts.  It’s not this forum’s or my fault it was leaked early is it!?

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Youve read my message in a tone that I didn’t write it.... and it was a bit daft when we all knew who it was but we kept getting “I can neither confirm nor deny” type posts.  It’s not this forum’s or my fault it was leaked early is it!?

Jesus Christ, do you ever think anyone else is entitled to a choice or an opinion?

Archived