Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With a new keeper the current squad is pretty good for league 2 on paper, given that its only mid June. But, and this is a big but, the dressing room morale and cohesiveness and the culture and environment within the club all need to be positive for this team, however good it might be, to suceed. If it's not right then we will struggle. 

1 minute ago, Andy b said:

With a new keeper the current squad is pretty good for league 2 on paper, given that its only mid June. But, and this is a big but, the dressing room morale and cohesiveness and the culture and environment within the club all need to be positive for this team, however good it might be, to suceed. If it's not right then we will struggle. 

I see a lot of departures happening yet 

15 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Spot on. 

36 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I see a lot of departures happening yet 

Well I would like to see all the rebellious players leave ASP. Such as Davies and others that say they are not happy. It’s no use trying to force players to play for us that are unsettled. We had too much of that last season. Franky Bunn has a lot of sorting out to do. He needs to get to know who are really committed to fighting the cause to get us back up out of this league quickly and then bring players in to replace the ones that think they are too good for us. 

6 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Well I would like to see all the rebellious players leave ASP. Such as Davies and others that say they are not happy. It’s no use trying to force players to play for us that are unsettled. We had too much of that last season. Franky Bunn has a lot of sorting out to do. He needs to get to know who are really committed to fighting the cause to get us back up out of this league quickly and then bring players in to replace the ones that think they are too good for us. 

Franky / Frankie - straight into the envelope.

I suspect Placide, Clarke, Hunt, Byrne, McEleney, Duffus and possibly Fane plus Davies will be sold or loaned out but on paper surely the following should be one of the strongest in L2 and we return to L1 as Champions by April?

Seriously, can our L2 budget afford to keep the following together?  In my opinion, Doyle will not return whilst we’re in L2 so I’m hoping FB can secure us a quality striker on loan from Prem youth and/or AL find us someone from abroad.  Bryan would be quality but I doubt he’d play in L2 despite loving our club.

I’m really loving the World Cup so far and even once England starts playing, it’s not OAFC.  After relegation I was a tad disillusioned but after great reviews on FB’s coaching, I’m really fired up for next season.......

Zeus de la Paz (2019)

Johny Placide (2019) 

Peter Clarke (2019) 

Cameron Dummigan (option taken to 2019)

George Edmundson (2019 plus option)

Anthony Gerrard (2019)

Tom Hamer (2020)

Rob Hunt (2020)

Jamie Stott (2020 plus option)

Jack Byrne (2020) 

Ousmane Fane (option taken to 2019)

Dan Gardner (2019)

Gyamfi Kyeremeh (2019 plus option)

Mohamed Maouche (2019 plus option)

Patrick McEleney (2020) 

Chinedu Uche (2019 plus option)

Aaron Amadi-Holloway (2019)

Jose Baxter (2019 plus option)

Craig Davies (2019) 

Courtney Duffus (2019 plus option)

Under discussion or contract offered;

Jonathan Benteke

Ryan McLaughlin

Wilfried Moimbé

Gevaro Nepomuceno

1 hour ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

HIs latest tweet about Joe Royle being part of the “upstairs team” at Wigan post takeover is far more upsetting. 

"Alan Nixon‏ @reluctantnicko

Wigan. Takeover edging closer. Maybe complete before end of window. Joe Royle to be part of upstairs team. David Sharpe now likely to carry on."

4 hours ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

HIs latest tweet about Joe Royle being part of the “upstairs team” at Wigan post takeover is far more upsetting. 

Not as upsetting as his 1 win in 9 return back in 2009. Or when he recommended George Green to us. Or Courtney Duffus. Or Dave Penney. Wigan are welcome to him...

7 hours ago, Midsblue said:

I suspect Placide, Clarke, Hunt, Byrne, McEleney, Duffus and possibly Fane plus Davies will be sold or loaned out but on paper surely the following should be one of the strongest in L2 and we return to L1 as Champions by April?

Seriously, can our L2 budget afford to keep the following together?  In my opinion, Doyle will not return whilst we’re in L2 so I’m hoping FB can secure us a quality striker on loan from Prem youth and/or AL find us someone from abroad.  Bryan would be quality but I doubt he’d play in L2 despite loving our club.

I’m really loving the World Cup so far and even once England starts playing, it’s not OAFC.  After relegation I was a tad disillusioned but after great reviews on FB’s coaching, I’m really fired up for next season.......

Zeus de la Paz (2019)

Johny Placide (2019) 

Peter Clarke (2019) 

Cameron Dummigan (option taken to 2019)

George Edmundson (2019 plus option)

Anthony Gerrard (2019)

Tom Hamer (2020)

Rob Hunt (2020)

Jamie Stott (2020 plus option)

Jack Byrne (2020) 

Ousmane Fane (option taken to 2019)

Dan Gardner (2019)

Gyamfi Kyeremeh (2019 plus option)

Mohamed Maouche (2019 plus option)

Patrick McEleney (2020) 

Chinedu Uche (2019 plus option)

Aaron Amadi-Holloway (2019)

Jose Baxter (2019 plus option)

Craig Davies (2019) 

Courtney Duffus (2019 plus option)

Under discussion or contract offered;

Jonathan Benteke

Ryan McLaughlin

Wilfried Moimbé

Gevaro Nepomuceno

That squad will look very different come early August way too early to say how we are going to do. I expect all the action to start soon though.

Slightly baffled that there's been no news on the players who were out of contract and in discussion - Benteke, McLaughlin, Nepomuceno, Moimbe (although it sounds like he's off), or whether we've signed up Uche etc after all.  I can understand new signings might be in the mix with Bunn on board now, but you'd think there'd be some news about the ones who are free to walk in ten days.

2 hours ago, Crusoe said:

Slightly baffled that there's been no news on the players who were out of contract and in discussion - Benteke, McLaughlin, Nepomuceno, Moimbe (although it sounds like he's off), or whether we've signed up Uche etc after all.  I can understand new signings might be in the mix with Bunn on board now, but you'd think there'd be some news about the ones who are free to walk in ten days.

I won't lose much sleep over  any of them.Is there a deadline date so we can start looking for players who want to play for us.

2 hours ago, Crusoe said:

Does the last day of this month still have any significance? 

I think I remember activity increasing then in previous seasons... Contract expiries etc...

2 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Does the last day of this month still have any significance? 

I think I remember activity increasing then in previous seasons... Contract expiries etc...

Yeah, I think most contracts expire on 30 June. So anyone not signed up (or who has not indicated they are going to) can and will probably walk away, since we won't be paying them.

18 minutes ago, singe said:

Not sure if it is because we are now in L2 or leakers seem to have disappeared..  there is less transfer news anyway here is something:
Johnson doing us a favour?

Can't really sing there's only one John Smith when there's millions of them.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Can't really sing there's only one John Smith when there's millions of them.

20 minutes ago, singe said:

I think we need to our net to be cast a tad further.

He’s a good young player netted 10 at Flyde last season and made many assists 

Archived