Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mikejh45 said:

Picky b*stard, I know.....but when did "of" replace "have" in the English Language? 

30 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

I always find downboating a bit odd....if you don't agree with my comment....engage in conversation and tell me why?

Hellfire, I must be in a bad mood...…..if there is a stray cat or dog between home and pub now, it's going to get a right kicking

52 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Multi-tasking...… I have been told by my partner not to do it...…..concentrate on eating and wipe your keyboard.

Sorry Mike, but your use of ellipsis is grammatically strange...but i won't bother engaging on the issue.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

It's all a bit weird tbh, that midfield is crying out for experience yet we can't find a player in the whole football pyramid who can put their foot on the ball and run a game for us and the lack of quality in wide positions is also a real concern, it is what it is I suppose but it looks like hoof ball is going to rule - it's all a bit meh.

We're 8th though and if hoofball is what we're going to play all season we should get better & better at it in theory...

I'm at a stage where I couldn't care less if we play a style I don't like if it get's us up

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

I understand that’s how you see things. . 

I dont understand how you’ve come to that rational. You could offer your side of things on every decision the club makes. It’s a pretty depressing way to view things about a club you support. 

If we draw- I prefer to think we got something to build on. 

You think were lucky. 

If we sign a player- I’m hoping he’ll be class. 

You make judgements without seeing him play. 

Are you not just saying you treat everything the same way deyres does but from the opposite perspective? 

26 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Are you not just saying you treat everything the same way deyres does but from the opposite perspective? 

Not at all. 

I’ve called the club out on many things that I don’t agree with, but they tend to be the bigger things. Not the minutia of 1-1 at FGR. 

If our keeper has a great game and gets us a point shouldn’t we be chuffed? Instead of being lucky we weren’t beat 3 nil? 

If we were 8th and doing ok, can we hope for more, instead of saying it won’t last? 

What right minded fan looks at mini postives(god knows we need them) and immeadiatley implys a negative? 

There’s enough to have a go at the club for, having a decent keeper, and being eighth aren’t two examples of those things. 

4 hours ago, oafcprozac said:

You won’t believe how many times I ‘have’ to correct this over a school year....

I seem to recall your a history teacher Prozac? Doesn't correct grammar use factor into the grade in the likes of history, these days.

15 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

I seem to recall your a history teacher Prozac? Doesn't correct grammar use factor into the grade in the likes of history, these days.

Youd of thought that the Anglo Saxons and the other lot would of had a bit more about them

See what i did there? Its all relative

8 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Youd of thought that the Anglo Saxons and the other lot would of had a bit more about them

See what i did there? Its all relative

Yes on certain questions there’s extra marks for SPaG (spelling, punctuation and grammar) however as an examiner too; we’re encouraged to mark ‘positively’ - at times it’s difficult...

29 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Yes on certain questions there’s extra marks for SPaG (spelling, punctuation and grammar) however as an examiner too; we’re encouraged to mark ‘positively’ - at times it’s difficult...

6 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

Interesting as I think if you asked the people running a lot of public sector organisations they'd say they'd prefer teachers to appropriately penalise poor spelling, punctuation and grammar. 

That's a debate for another time and place though. 

8 hours ago, rudemedic said:

8 hours ago, oafcprozac said:

8 hours ago, oafcprozac said:

I teach year six (and secondary Maths). The SPaG papers the children sit as part of their SATs exams are incredibly difficult. Also, no matter how exceptional their writing, they cannot be considered to be above age related expectation unless their handwriting and SPaG are up to scratch. 

Unlikely I know, but if anyone is interested in looking at a paper they're available on line:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/key-stage-2-tests-2018-english-grammar-punctuation-and-spelling-test-materials

Enjoy ?

14 hours ago, oafcprozac said:

You won’t believe how many times I ‘have’ to correct this over a school year....

I'm finding smartphone predictive text baffling.

In which (or is it what?) context should 'I have' be used rather than 'I've'?

Is 'i' rather than 'I' in a sentence totally unacceptable?

14 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I'm finding smartphone predictive text baffling.

In which (or is it what?) context should 'I have' be used rather than 'I've'?

Is 'i' rather than 'I' in a sentence totally unacceptable?

Whenever you can’t be arsed to type I have. The problem is people say should’ve which sounds like should of, resulting in people then writing (or typing) of instead of have.

Not really a problem to me as language naturally evolves anyway. I do notice it, but it’s nothing like that time I found out that Morecambe isn’t called Morecombe ?

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

I teach year six (and secondary Maths). The SPaG papers the children sit as part of their SATs exams are incredibly difficult. Also, no matter how exceptional their writing, they cannot be considered to be above age related expectation unless their handwriting and SPaG are up to scratch. 

Unlikely I know, but if anyone is interested in looking at a paper they're available on line:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/key-stage-2-tests-2018-english-grammar-punctuation-and-spelling-test-materials

Enjoy ?

I did enjoy ?. Nice bit of brain training for a Saturday morning. Two I had to guess at. 

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

Enjoy ?

On the subject of education, wildly off transfer topic, I'm 33 and can't believe some of the things people just 5-10 years younger don't know these days. There's a running theme in our office to ask a new starter how many letters in the alphabet. Sounds boring as fuck, but the answers can be hilarious. When someone genuinely thinks there are 39 letters in the English alphabet, it makes you worry for the future ? I blame you Magic Mikey

Archived