Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

It's as if there was a point in time when schools and/or parents suddenly stopped teaching kids certain stuff and nobody has realised this happened until recently when it's now too late.. 

On 1 September 2018 at 8:43 AM, mcfluff1985 said:

On the subject of education, wildly off transfer topic, I'm 33 and can't believe some of the things people just 5-10 years younger don't know these days. There's a running theme in our office to ask a new starter how many letters in the alphabet. Sounds boring as fuck, but the answers can be hilarious. When someone genuinely thinks there are 39 letters in the English alphabet, it makes you worry for the future ? I blame you Magic Mikey

I was telling my wife and 2 daughters about this last night. Three of us were laughing at it until we saw the blank look on my 18 year old's face. She didn't know how many there were. She's just done her A levels and got 2 A*s and an A.........

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

I once worked in Ashton with a girl who asked - "do we cover Lancashire?"

Err, yes.

"Where is it?"

At a railway station enquiry office I heard someone ask for the train times to Auchinleck (which is in Scotland).

"Sorry" came the reply "we don't have Austrian  timetables".

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

At a place where I worked at a few years ago a girl who I worked with thought the capital of Sweden was Ikea.

In fairness she wasnt that bad at her job. Proof that Intelligence can take many different forms.

A girl at work asked where I'd been as she hadnt seen me for a while.

"Been Incognito"..I replied.

To which she retorted "Oh, Cognito..thats one of them Greek islands isn't it"?

2 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Many years ago, I was bringing a well known rugby team's coach (the kind with wheels and everything) back from a match when one on the players asked what FO9 meant in the middle of the motorway. "It says FOG, you thick twat. It's foggy "

Was it foggy?

Archived