Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/4/2018 at 9:34 PM, adamoafc said:
On 8/29/2018 at 8:26 PM, whittles left foot said:

Maouche has been here now under 3 different managers -none of them have seen fit to give him game time in league games. In the cup games he has played  he has been rubbish. Time to forget and move on.

You go tonight? Still think ‘forget and move on’? Miles better than coke. 

Didn't go Tuesday so was looking forward to your boy getting a game today after such a good performance. Needless to say he did not get in the side (again) but when he came on he did manage a shot which is probably more than he has done in all his previous appearances added together.

On 9/4/2018 at 6:19 PM, BP1960 said:

Nothing wrong with Owdham.

I love Oldham and the way folk speak, I was born in 1962 at Oldham Hospital on Rochdale Road and then given a free transfer to Morecambe back in 1966 as my parents split but the funny thing is, when I get chatting to an Oldhamer I break out in my home tongue

Saying that my wife's from Blackburn, so I'm proper Lancashire and always have been

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, leeslover said:

St Mirren apparently considering signing Cotterill.

37 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Weird how nobody has picked him up so far, must be a reason but you'd think he'd definitely improve us.

Probably because Cotterill is not pronounced Kanchelskis in any part of the world

On 9/4/2018 at 7:00 PM, mcfluff1985 said:

People from Wigan say Buzz instead of bus. I refuse to acknowledge anyone who uses it in a sentence with me. Not the kind of people I need in my life

Went to school in Ashton where kids from mossley took the buzz in and the bus back

Once spent 10 minutes on a train to Leeds listening to 2 women talking about scurl  furters.  Eventually realised their kids were having their furters tuck at scurl in the morning 

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Weird how nobody has picked him up so far, must be a reason but you'd think he'd definitely improve us.

Given we took a punt on Miller and Coke in sort of similar situations I'll guess that there is a reason. No idea what though 

1 hour ago, astottie said:

Went to school in Ashton where kids from mossley took the buzz in and the bus back

Once spent 10 minutes on a train to Leeds listening to 2 women talking about scurl  furters.  Eventually realised their kids were having their furters tuck at scurl in the morning 

It took a while but I got there eventually 

? photographs,  old chap 

• 5 months later...
9 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Unlikely but exactly the kind of player we're lacking.  This season (in the Scottish Championship) and last (in League One) he's notched at pretty much a goal a game.

11 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

Unlikely but exactly the kind of player we're lacking.  This season (in the Scottish Championship) and last (in League One) he's notched at pretty much a goal a game.

Geographically, you're the nearest one to him, so on your bike and get it sorted. :lol:

5 hours ago, True Tic said:

Swansea look favourite, show my arris on the town hall steps if he comes here

Swansea will obviously be able to outbid us on wages, but he may not play every week, and may not cut it at that level, and be sat on the bench or not involved at all. If he comes here (AL may push the boat out to get him for Scholes) he will be more or less guaranteed to play. Give him a 3 year deal, and he may jump at it (if there is anything in this).

18 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Swansea will obviously be able to outbid us on wages, but he may not play every week, and may not cut it at that level, and be sat on the bench or not involved at all. If he comes here (AL may push the boat out to get him for Scholes) he will be more or less guaranteed to play. Give him a 3 year deal, and he may jump at it (if there is anything in this).

That's the ticket.....POSITIVITY!!!

4 hours ago, al_bro said:

True, and as is often the case, an outstanding player from the Scottish league doesn't always shine when transferring to the more demanding English league.

5 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

I’ve heard he might fancy it. Wants to make the big championship jump, but understands sometimes smaller jumps get you there better. Fancies working with Scholes.

You’ve heard, what off your Scottish league lower league friends, that he had a word with 🤦🏼‍♂️

Archived