Transfer Rumours

23 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

I’m nearly starting to feel sorry for Bury. They had such an amazing season and that squad and management team has now been totally decimated. It’s the kind of thing I expect would happen to us if we ever have any success 

Strangely feels like it should be us.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ghostofcecere said:

I’m nearly starting to feel sorry for Bury. They had such an amazing season and that squad and management team has now been totally decimated. It’s the kind of thing I expect would happen to us if we ever have any success 

It’s a fkin good job for them that they did go up.... or else they’d be staring non-League in the face at the end of this coming season. If they can rid themselves of the debt and start again, the 12 months grace they’ve got could see them start afresh in League 2 at the start of 20/21.

If Marco and Mo fk it up this year.... we haven’t got that luxury.

30 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

What a strange view of how they ‘achieved’ their success.  No sympathy whatsoever.  It’s been very obvious they have been living wayyyy above their means for years. I feel more sorry for the countless people on the wrong end of their numerous CCJ judgements. 

43 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

It’s a bit reminiscent of our fate after our great season in 02-03. 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

What a strange view of how they ‘achieved’ their success.  No sympathy whatsoever.  It’s been very obvious they have been living wayyyy above their means for years. I feel more sorry for the countless people on the wrong end of their numerous CCJ judgements. 

And their fans should be added to that list too of course 

On 7/2/2019 at 8:32 AM, maddog said:

Sealioning

Rhetorically, sealioning fuses persistent questioning—often about basic information, information on easily found elsewhere, or unrelated or tangential points—with a loudly-insisted-upon commitment to reasonable debate. It disguises itself as a sincere attempt to learn and communicate. Sealioning thus works both to exhaust a target's patience, attention, and communicative effort, and to portray the target as unreasonable. While the questions of the "sea lion" may seem innocent, they're intended maliciously and have harmful consequences.

— Amy Johnson, Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society (May 2019)[5

Mission accomplished, really. 

What mission? 

The mission I can see is your dislike of me. Just admit why you like any personal attack, any fun poked toward me. Any reason to disagree with me any maybe you'd get some respect. 

Anyway, pleased you like me had to look up matts parting shot. 

So I care? Not a jot. 

As you were

11 minutes ago, Lags said:

What mission? 

The mission I can see is your dislike of me. Just admit why you like any personal attack, any fun poked toward me. Any reason to disagree with me any maybe you'd get some respect. 

So I care? Not a jot. 

As you were

You still here? Gonna start calling you Barry because you've out stayed your welcome by so much

25 minutes ago, Lags said:

What mission? 

So I care? Not a jot. 

As you were

I've had nothing to do with this childish spat so far and know nobody on this board personally. But for the last few days your nonsensical rambling and baseless accusations of bullying have hijacked practically every thread at one point or another. Please stop using the message board, you're ruining it. 

6 minutes ago, Jimbooth said:

I've had nothing to do with this childish spat so far and know nobody on this board personally. But for the last few days your nonsensical rambling and baseless accusations of bullying have hijacked practically every thread at one point or another. Please stop using the message board, you're ruining it. 

Absolutely spot on, acting like a pair of nob heads. Give it a pissng rest lads.

29 minutes ago, Jimbooth said:

I absolutely agree 100% with you.

It is totally childish.

I asked a question, an unpopular one and for that,  I've had ( lets be honest one hater and three members constantly TRY to be witty in put downs ). I guess they are mates.

Would they talk to me that way in person? no. Not for risk of violence like the hater likes to you to believe, but because in real life no one behaves like that as on social media. I think we can al agree on that.

I slipped in one post referring to someone as a knob, I agree I shouldn't have. That was in the face of quite a few names directed at me. In the cold light of day and stepping back does it matter, not really!

Will I defend myself? you bet I will. Now I would respect you far more and appreciate if when these 4 reply, you say exactly the same to them. That way all involved know the board members are sick of it in equal measure. That's my main gripe about the 'gang' mentality, it should be equal to all not the few.

Please accept me apologies, lets see if these others will be sincere. 

7 hours ago, Lags said:

I absolutely agree 100% with you.

It is totally childish.

I asked a question, an unpopular one and for that,  I've had ( lets be honest one hater and three members constantly TRY to be witty in put downs ). I guess they are mates.

Would they talk to me that way in person? no. Not for risk of violence like the hater likes to you to believe, but because in real life no one behaves like that as on social media. I think we can al agree on that.

I slipped in one post referring to someone as a knob, I agree I shouldn't have. That was in the face of quite a few names directed at me. In the cold light of day and stepping back does it matter, not really!

Will I defend myself? you bet I will. Now I would respect you far more and appreciate if when these 4 reply, you say exactly the same to them. That way all involved know the board members are sick of it in equal measure. That's my main gripe about the 'gang' mentality, it should be equal to all not the few.

Please accept me apologies, lets see if these others will be sincere. 

I used to think you were one of the best posters on this board.

8 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I used to think you were one of the best posters on this board.

Correct and to add to that  in person the guy is charming and articulate which begs the question why he appears to get so defensive on a bloody message board. I've had more than one discussion with him and can honestly say he's never come over in a way many would imagine him, nice bloke, Oldham through and through and travels all over but not doing himself any favours on here getting involved in childish bickering.

42 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Correct and to add to that  in person the guy is charming and articulate which begs the question why he appears to get so defensive on a bloody message board. I've had more than one discussion with him and can honestly say he's never come over in a way many would imagine him, nice bloke, Oldham through and through and travels all over but not doing himself any favours on here getting involved in childish bickering.

Thank you for your honesty. It's childish totally agree and perhaps I shouldn't bite at the jibes and shite. I treat people as I find them. I've decided that anything said on here is meaningless if it's worth while they can say it to my face. They'd get some respect if nothing else

12 minutes ago, Lags said:

Thank you for your honesty. It's childish totally agree and perhaps I shouldn't bite at the jibes and shite. I treat people as I find them. I've decided that anything said on here is meaningless if it's worth while they can say it to my face. They'd get some respect if nothing else

Fair enough, but this message board should never get to the point that people are resorting to having to deal with their differences face to face. 

Some of the comments towards you have been out of order, but you have also provoked people.

By the time there is anything to report on the transfer front,everyone will be the best of mates again!

But,rest assured it will soon return to normal,that is the very nature of these message boards.

IMO Lags is lucky he isn’t banned or restricted (if indeed he isn’t) off the top of my head there have been two veiled threats of violence, serious spurious unfounded allegations thrown at posters, invites to meet ‘face to face’ some name calling, hijacking multiple threads, and the repeat sealioning, indeed there are more examples in the last few hours. People have defo been banned for less. Massive example of the need for the downvote privelege. I think l’ve spelt that wrong again haven’t I? 🙄🙄🙄🤷🏿‍♀️🤷🏿‍♀️

Archived