Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

wonder will Roy join Dearden in screaming "EAGLES" at every opertunity thought he was on comision from pg tips at one point .cracking signing tho if it comes off 

11 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

We're conspiracy theorists though Glossop. There would be nothing suspicious if Urko Vera got another contract. Nothing at all......

The two aren’t mutually exclusive. 

23 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Would not be happy with Vera back. And there must be some trialists at least, otherwise O'Grady and Vera are looking like our most desperate strike force in years.

Not sure it will beat starting the season with Maheta Malongo up front but then we did reach the playoffs that season (without Maheta)

no we didnt - season before 

12 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

We're conspiracy theorists though Glossop. There would be nothing suspicious if Urko Vera got another contract. Nothing at all......

Don't forget we also offered Jonathan Benteke a contract too....

22 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

If AL pays the wages, and he is giving strange contracts out, isn’t he shafting himself? 

You may say he gets a kick back somewhere, but if he pays x player a grand week and gets back £200 of that back somehow, he’s still £800 down. 

Unless your implying he doesn’t pay any wages at all and he’s still an agent masquerading as an owner? 

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Some things in life defy all logic.

We live in a world where Donald Trump is president, Boris Johnson is going to be Prime Minister and a bag lady is ranting in the European Parliament, nothing surprises me anymore 

12 minutes ago, League one forever said:

If AL pays the wages, and he is giving strange contracts out, isn’t he shafting himself? 

You may say he gets a kick back somewhere, but if he pays x player a grand week and gets back £200 of that back somehow, he’s still £800 down. 

Unless your implying he doesn’t pay any wages at all and he’s still an agent masquerading as an owner? 

The club's income - solidarity/league/TV payments, gate receipts, cup run money - affords the wages. He's only shafting himself if he overspends and has to dip into his personal reserves to keep us afloat - He tells us he's done this, we have no evidence [Company Accounts] that he has. He may not care about keeping us afloat. He may just run up sh1t loads of debt - like the former Bury owner - do a runner and we're liquidated.

I don't know if he does.... but if he did, he's only out of pocket personally if costs are larger than revenue and he's not running up debt via loans.

I have no idea.... but I would like to know how the self-evident conflict of interest was absolved by him resigning his position as an Agent, esp when his brother [a 3rd brother] continues to be employed by his former business.

He could of course just be completely deluded and think Urko Vera will fire us into an automatic promotion place with 20+ goals next season.... but that ain't any better is it!?!?!

If this does happen, I'd also be curious as to why he was released in the first place.

(I mean, we all know why from a footballing perspective.)

But if someone was to assume there's something dodgy going on and that's why he's signing again, why release him at all? I'd struggle to believe the signing bonuses for short-term deals in League Two are a pot of gold.

Archived