Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Senor_Coconut said:

It's 'REALISTIC OLDHAM ATHLETIC SUPPORTERS'. some real Stockholm Syndrome sufferers on there, you'll have some fun.

I had to leave that, full of whoppers

1 minute ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

What a title. FFS!

Stephen PartingtonoJUaDQAiBQe.png As normal negativity raises it's head again. Last season yes Vera was awful but he had not played for months and was totally unfit so why not see how he plays now he is apparently fully fit according to the coach and give him a chance to show what he can do. Regarding wages I doubt he is getting paid ridiculous money like the likes of Maynard and others which has led Bury into a right mess. GIVE PLAYERS A CHANCE !!!!

1 minute ago, Senor_Coconut said:

Ah is he one of the muppets that were part of that exclusive meeting a couple months back..

I've seen the club have been slowly involving those people into club matters, appearing at press conferences, allowed in and around the ground. Proper weird. 

23 minutes ago, mick26 said:

And staying at the Malmaison apparently!

Fucking joke if he gets another contract.

Poor sod. Bit of a dump that place. Not what it was years ago.

Anyhow, this is wasted opportunity and wage. I can’t see him suddenly firing up after a pre season, but you never know. 

I guess we we shall see. 

1 minute ago, Frankies6 said:

Least our front two are sorted for next season.. 

Just when there was a sign of optimism with the signings made and the targets linked, we re-sign Urko fucking Vera. How very Oldham Athletic of us

41 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

The club's income - solidarity/league/TV payments, gate receipts, cup run money - affords the wages. He's only shafting himself if he overspends and has to dip into his personal reserves to keep us afloat - He tells us he's done this, we have no evidence [Company Accounts] that he has. He may not care about keeping us afloat. He may just run up sh1t loads of debt - like the former Bury owner - do a runner and we're liquidated.

I don't know if he does.... but if he did, he's only out of pocket personally if costs are larger than revenue and he's not running up debt via loans.

I have no idea.... but I would like to know how the self-evident conflict of interest was absolved by him resigning his position as an Agent, esp when his brother [a 3rd brother] continues to be employed by his former business.

He could of course just be completely deluded and think Urko Vera will fire us into an automatic promotion place with 20+ goals next season.... but that ain't any better is it!?!?!

There is no way on gods green earth league/tv/gate covers wages IMO. I don’t think any average fan (me included) realises how much shit players are paid, never mind your better players. There is a reason most league one/two clubs pay players late. . . 

In addition to this he’s appointed numerous staff recently. Trips to Morroco for 30 +plus arent cheap. He’s beaten other clubs for wages. He’s announced plans for investment in the training ground.   I’ve no idea who is paying for all this but If it is AL there is no way he’s making money or breaking even.

My worry is for the club as a whole- There is money going into the club, but the worry as you say is it in the form of loans? IF it is AL’s money, then sit back and put the cricket on. His money. His club. 

No. Only started 3 games for us in total. Scored once. Not saying I'm happy or he's a good signing, but he's hardly had a string of games. Hopefully a pre season will do him good. Was playing for a team that's been in the Champions League as recently as October.

3 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

No. Only started 3 games for us in total. Scored once. Not saying I'm happy or he's a good signing, but he's hardly had a string of games. Hopefully a pre season will do him good. Was playing for a team that's been in the Champions League as recently as October.

Michael Clegg had played in the Champions League and Michael Ricketts had an England cap

Archived