Transfer Rumours

Would prefer COG over Urko. Cannot question the guys professionalism. Not gonna get you double figures but certainly puts a shift in and can generally hold the ball up. Things i cannot currently say about Urko based on his tenure.

For the record, I’d sooner we had neither and were going after younger targets we can develop. However, he certainly isn’t the worst player I’ve seen pull on the shirt.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Some games it was commented he was Terrific Forbes.😁

Maybe whilst he was at QPR, if anyone ever called him that during his time with us they seriously need their eyes/brain checking

2 hours ago, Hands on said:

Presumably O'Grady isn't sunning himself on the beach in Morocco.

My dad was at the club the other day picking up FGR tickets and O Grady was there. Said he let on and stuff and seemed in a good mood, probably because he’s leaving :D.

but no, he’s not in Morocco

2 hours ago, ncookie9 said:

Would prefer COG over Urko. Cannot question the guys professionalism. Not gonna get you double figures but certainly puts a shift in and can generally hold the ball up. Things i cannot currently say about Urko based on his tenure.

For the record, I’d sooner we had neither and were going after younger targets we can develop. However, he certainly isn’t the worst player I’ve seen pull on the shirt.

See I don't even see that. I don't think he does put a shift in. He moves about the pitch with all the pace of a snail, he looks like he can't be arsed 95% of the time,  and he can't hold the ball up because his first touch is absolutely horrendous. 

I'm with you on the younger lads bit. Would rather we just gave Vera's squad place to on of our 17 year old lads

1 hour ago, Hands on said:

He is leaving Mac because his wages were paid late.  He isn't coming to us.

He's leaving Mac because his wages went unpaid for several months not because they were a few days late now and then. I'm not saying either scenario is right but there is a massive difference.

4 hours ago, Simpo said:

A Bury fan says we're signing Callum McFadzean. Midfielder who can also play defence, was a regular for them last season, after spending a year in the Conference. 25 years old.

That'll do nicely

Just now, watty123 said:

Looks like it’s the fact we won’t get anything from the Tarkowski deal if he goes, as already sold it!

Only money we would get from Tarky leaving Burnley would be a tiny % for training him (going off Football Manager)

18 minutes ago, watty123 said:

Looks like it’s the fact we won’t get anything from the Tarkowski deal if he goes, as already sold it!

Wasn't this common knowledge anyway as we'd sold it prior to his move to Burnley (for around £40k)?

26 minutes ago, Senor_Coconut said:

Only money we would get from Tarky leaving Burnley would be a tiny % for training him (going off Football Manager)

Probably be a better idea to go off what happens in the real world mate. 

Just shows what a shambolic reign  Corney had   But very shrewd by Brentford to do the deal with us if we had of had a 20% clause in the deal  it would of got us 3.2 million  in further payments on top of the initial fee 

3 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Probably be a better idea to go off what happens in the real world mate. 

Pretty sure they know  the in and outs of the football world enough to be accurate with their representation of football transfers. 

Apparently we would of bagged a further £2.5 million if Tarky goes for the 40 being reported which means we'd of got a further 25% of Brentfords 25%, that's on top of the £1 million + add ons we lost out on from selling the initial clause, Ouch.

Typical fucking Corney that though.

I will still never understand how that even happened.  1) surely someone in or close to the club could have found out off Tarky himself if he was likely to go.  2) If Brentford were willing to buy it out then it's only because they intended to sell him fairly soon.  Just awful awful business.

Archived