Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/29/2019 at 12:38 PM, JTM said:

To be fair I've come on here to ask if anyone can confirm he's been seen at training. Can't believe those random twitter rumours most of the time. In all seriousness I hope it's true, I'll feel a hell of a lot better about Saturday if we had Wheater signed up. Without him, or any other defender signing I really fear for the season. Judging by the recent pre season performances relegation could be a real threat unless we get in a couple of centre halves.

Said it when he was on loan and then again when he signed permanently, that Iacovitti is crap. If it's Him and Stott at centre half all season then we are in big trouble. If it's Sefil and Stott it will be even worse. 

Donkey. Worst full-back I’ve seen at Latics in a long, long time. 

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Reminder that it is perfectly normal to wait until deadline day to make your key signings.

As the icing on the cake maybe but not when you've not even made many middling signings either. 

Mills should be alright, Woods might be but needs to be. Hopefully Wilson is decent but who knows?

You can only say Nepo and Missilou are experienced, reliable and half decent from the existing squad. Maybe Hamer too. 

(Oh, I get you now :lol:  ) 

Sorry but with exception of Mills and Wilson, these signings are National League and what I would expect if we were in the throes of administration with no owner.  We signed better under Stitch when the club was in its darkest period & it’s light years away from what Corney signed when we were supposedly even more potless.

This Clown promised us progression, promised us ambition and a greater budget than last year.

Have we replaced Edmundsen?

Have we improved on Clarke?

Have we improved on Lang?

Have we improved on Surridge?

Have we improved on Iversen?

Have we even improved on Baxter, Gardner, Zeus and the others released?

This 100% smacks of asset stripping and the Clown grabbing the £750k Edmundsen cash and doing a runner.  

No way have we spent more on playing budget this season than the last.   This is the cheapest budget imaginable.  

Hopefully this is a clear sign that the fuckwit is throwing the towel in threatened by the FLG purchasing the land around him and becoming his landlord.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Reminder that it is perfectly normal to wait until deadline day to make your key signings.

We won’t be doing magical deals on deadline day.  If this idiot is the shrewd super agent then he’d be doing them now, ahead of the competition and wheeling / dealing at cut-price amazing deals.  Coincidence that we secured the likes of Lang, Surridge and Inversen through contacts that are no longer here and we weren’t at the front of the queue for any of them this season.

He’s a spiv, a snake oil salesman, a bullshitter surrounding by an even bigger fuckwit who thinks he’s Txiki Begiristain and some ex-Plod who got lucky.  Nothing appeals to promising Prem or Championship players - a total unknown as head coach, a egomaniac owner who has totally destroyed any credibility this club had and burnt as many bridges to boot.  

Whatever your view on Scholes, would we be signing these players? Never.  This cancer completely fucked that up.  Had he not interfered (him and his imbecile brother now firmly dictating recruitment & selection proves that their promise not to was lies) and Scholes controlled recruitment, I’m certain we’d have quality in the side now and within a similar budget.  

We’re fucked and exactly the reason why we need him gone.  Write this season off.  Hopefully the FLG strike a deal or smoke the fucker out by ramping up rent.  I’d rather the club go into administration with the main creditor being the FLG.  The take ownership and perversely, if it means 1-2 seasons non-league, we have someone in charge who is more trusting.  

27 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

f it means 1-2 seasons non-league, we have someone in charge who is more trusting.  

But it doesn’t work like that does it? Take 1-2 seasons , and it’s statistically much more likely to be 4,5, 8 and so on

7 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

But it doesn’t work like that does it? Take 1-2 seasons , and it’s statistically much more likely to be 4,5, 8 and so on

Just ask stockport county , Halifax Wrexham.. could end up slipping into the un known like Aldershots... all this about relegation to the conference being a good thing for  the club, disagree 100 % 

37 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Bigger crowds though in some cases.

On 6/20/2019 at 2:25 PM, Lee Sinnott said:

Striker from the Slovenian League , skinny French midfielder and an Auxerre B team player all imminent. There was also talk of a lad at Leicester, but don't know how true that is...

First 3 all in (it was Slovakian League)...

1 minute ago, Oldham82 said:

Wheater and another centre back needed then fingers crossed they all gel quick!

How do we know wheater is coming, this is purely speculation I believe.. nothing set in stone type of player we need but we wi probably end up with a Moroccan 

9 minutes ago, Oldham82 said:

Wheater and another centre back needed then fingers crossed they all gel quick!

Even if there was the slightest chance of Wheater happening, we’d need 9 other players to supplement this reserve side we’ve cobbled together 

Anyone want to play Scrabble? I'll go first. Now which of my letters shall I use first 🤔. Here's my letter board - 

Gregor Zabret
Zak Mills
Sohnny Sefil
Tomas Egert
Javid Swaby-Nievin
Johan Branger-Engone
Kristopher Missiliou
Mohamed Maouche
Florian Skander Gonzales-Dhifflaoui
Gevaro Nepomuceno
Desire Segbe Azankpo

Can the EFL step in if they believe we’re throwing the league by intentionally playing an understrength team?

In honesty, these latest signings haven’t been signed based on playing ability have they?

16 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Anyone want to play Scrabble? I'll go first. Now which of my letters shall I use first 🤔. Here's my letter board - 

Gregor Zabret
Zak Mills
Sohnny Sefil
Tomas Egert
Javid Swaby-Nievin
Johan Branger-Engone
Kristopher Missiliou
Mohamed Maouche
Florian Skander Gonzales-Dhifflaoui
Gevaro Nepomuceno
Desire Segbe Azankpo

One silver lining - listening to Roy try and pronounce that lot should be gold