Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Whilst I've always held the view the Supporters Association should be independent setting one up now would just further fragment what is already a shitty situation between the club and the FLG, it looks like a situation is manifesting  itself where you have to choose sides but surely we all want the same thing?

Hooray! Something we can agree on. I've used the phrase "cautiously supportive" where AL is concerned and would apply the same to the FLG. I have no issue with what the FLG want to achieve in terms of the land situation and posisbly the club one day (in the right way) but sadly 2 problems stand out for me...whether the FLG have intended it or not, people "pally" with those involved have taken a hostile approach which I won't get behind. The other problem is Paul Whitehead and his track record, as I've documented elsewhere twice in these types of conversations, but gets conveniently ignored.

Ah well...devil and the deep blue sea.

31 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

So he is still a Trust board member?

Doesn't actually alter the rest of the list imo.   If you disagree you could construct an argument.  I know that’s not the way on here but give it a go. 

Unless it's changed he's required to be. TBH the conflict would be there anyway, a new supporters group would have to decide how far in or out of the tent they wanted to be and which direction to piss in. It's not hard to imagine Lemmy deciding he wasn't going to talk to them... so they'd either be an outright opposition group or they'd try and work with the club whilst having other conversations and putting holding statements out, a bit like...

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Hooray! Something we can agree on. I've used the phrase "cautiously supportive" where AL is concerned and would apply the same to the FLG. I have no issue with what the FLG want to achieve in terms of the land situation and posisbly the club one day (in the right way) but sadly 2 problems stand out for me...whether the FLG have intended it or not, people "pally" with those involved have taken a hostile approach which I won't get behind. The other problem is Paul Whitehead and his track record, as I've documented elsewhere twice in these types of conversations, but gets conveniently ignored.

Ah well...devil and the deep blue sea.

Where's this "documented elsewhere' information. 

13 hours ago, wiseowl said:

When Corney was in charge I met with the Trust Chairman and a Trust director and put those 2 points to them i.e. I thought it best that the Trust go independent and be the force to gel the fans. They refused. I met another Trust director earlier this year and re-iterated the points - didn't see it as a priority in the greater scheme of things. Asked me to join the Trust - declined because I don't feel it's in the correct format to achieve anything sustantial. Got slated by a few on here several times. Not saying "told you so" but it's obvious to the proverbial blind man with a stick that we'd be in a much better position NOW if the Trust had ditched their 3% and become independent. We would have a stong voice.

I agreed, with the Trust Chairman, not to try and set up an independent group myself in the interest of Latics' fans i.e. because it would fragment an already small supporter base. Now, that position is even worse because we are truly splintered i.e. Trust, FLG, the facebook AL supporting group..... is there really room for a "new" independent group?

That said, I understand Trust membership is not very large (and I`ve found out it was minimal when I initially met them) so, if things get off to a poor start this season, the idea may need re-visiting.

Loathe to do it for reasons already touched on but surely the Trust must realise they are failing the fans in some respects now?

Final point - it might make sense for an "independent group" to morph from the FLG. They are to offer a shareholding to fans - maybe an opportunity at the same time to bring everyone together (or at least those who've seen enough of this horror show) under one supporters' banner?

We simply need both an Independent Supporters Association who can do pretty much what we want within the law AND the Trust who can play nice & try and influence by being on the board....

Any Independent group should also be separate from the FLG in my eyes as them agitating would likely be counter productive to what they're trying to achieve.

Now seems a very good time to set such a thing up ready to organise some proper action if AL's perceived shoddy running of the club continues and the season starts as badly as many of us fear it will.....

Re: Wheater. He doesn't seem to have as many suitors as you would think. The only clubs who have made a firm approach for him were ourselves and Salford. Salford changed their mind and went for Burgess instead. Sounds like he's hanging on as long as he possibly can at Bolton to see if they can drag themselves out of the shit. It seems unlikely he will come here, but there's a chance...

4 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Re: Wheater. He doesn't seem to have as many suitors as you would think. The only clubs who have made a firm approach for him were ourselves and Salford. Salford changed their mind and went for Burgess instead. Sounds like he's hanging on as long as he possibly can at Bolton to see if they can drag themselves out of the shit. It seems unlikely, but there's a chance...

So, if Abdallah & Mo are interested can we take that as confirmation that they do realise we need that kind of player and that they'll eventually sign one?

6 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Re: Wheater. He doesn't seem to have as many suitors as you would think. The only clubs who have made a firm approach for him were ourselves and Salford. Salford changed their mind and went for Burgess instead. Sounds like he's hanging on as long as he possibly can at Bolton to see if they can drag themselves out of the shit. It seems unlikely, but there's a chance...

Fully expect him to sign in time for Saturday

. <puts down the Shucky sauce and goes for a lie down>

Just now, TheBigDog said:

Fully expect him to sign in time for Saturday

. <puts down the Shucky sauce and goes for a lie down>

It's crazy how much better I'd feel about everything if we simply signed this one player...

29 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

It's crazy how much better I'd feel about everything if we simply signed this one player...

Good signing indeed, but not remotely enough.

Having said that, I have just spunked £50 on FGR on Saturday so expect Wheater & Clough to sign along with Lang & Surridge returning on loan.

Just now, sjk2008 said:

Good signing indeed, but not remotely enough.

Having said that, I have just spunked £50 on FGR on Saturday so expect Wheater & Clough to sign along with Lang & Surridge returning on loan.

Have you?

How come you haven't mentioned it before? 

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Where's this "documented elsewhere' information. 

Here and here...

On 7/28/2019 at 2:24 AM, boundaryblue80 said:

Indeed. They have an agenda 😉

And to think that this FLG Show is being ran by someone who got into bed with Corney & so far up shit creek that he ended up needing to sell his business to him (one which Corney then bumped in the end.) Bright future 😳

On 7/28/2019 at 12:45 PM, boundaryblue80 said:

I prefer THIS tone than the agenda ridden “smoke the fucker out” tone.

I’ve said elsewhere, I fully support the probing questions of AL and pressure for him to correct his ways. I won’t support something that can be seen (at worst) as a hostile attempt at a takeover, by anonymous backers, whose funds are as anonymous as ALs is, spearheaded by a guy who got into bed so badly with Corney that he had to sell his company so Corney could lay debts all over and bump it when the time was right for him. Not a great track record that.

Just like AL has a lot of convincing to do, so has the FLG to be anything credible for what is ultimately the long term goal for the club...everything back together. 

3 minutes ago, Jimbooth said:

Looks like Wheater staying at Bolton now they've been handed further debt to pay player's wages... 

Latics hold out for a player who then ditches at the 11th hour shocker.

1 hour ago, Jimbooth said:

Looks like Wheater staying at Bolton now they've been handed further debt to pay player's wages... 

Last I heard they'd been offered 20% of their missing wages so about a months wages and the rest paid over three years so it's not certain that any player will accept it. They've been advised to take it and move on from the club as there's no gaurentee they will ever receive full payment or full wages in the future

Re: Clough.  He and 10 others including Pantillimon the ex City keeper are part of a group called 'The Bomb Squad' (Forest want to bomb them out of the club). 

Forest want a much larger wage contribution than they did last season so hes being priced out of a loan. He's fully expecting to be shipped out on deadline day to god knows where and have to integrate his way into the club.

Archived