Transfer Rumours

2 minutes ago, singe said:

Ha!

Wheater as looks a good signing, looks like it will be confirmed, that is the calibre we wanted for promotion.
Mills a solid signing.

The rest are fairly crap to very crap.
I'm not convinced we've spent the same budget as last season.

being fair on abdullah now im not his biggest fan , Wheater wont be joining for peanuts... he could of held out i think.. still has age on his side.. lad from plymouth supposed to be a 2 footed player .. starting to think a decent side is being formed here 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

True - signing the top scorer of the team that finished 3rd from bottom last season could be enough to keep us up too

Finished top scorer for the last two seasons I believe ? Also, the fact he scored them in a poor team that struggled is IMO even more impressive as you’d imagine they didn’t create as many chances as the better teams. 

3 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Finished top scorer for the last two seasons I believe ? Also, the fact he scored them in a poor team that struggled is IMO even more impressive as you’d imagine they didn’t create as many chances as the better teams. 

I am agreeing with you. The ability to score goals in a shit team that creates nothing could well be invaluable to us this season 

*edit - though I will plait shit if he finds himself in front of the mighty Vera

If it happens I'll be delighted, great signing. Still sheer luck him becoming available and doesn't make binning Clarke any more sensible, nor justify the majority of the signings not fit to be fringe players, never mind possible starters

If this is true it's an amazing signing. My quiet fears of relegation will be quelled. My only fear is how much we will be paying him.

Even so, other than Mills and Wilson, he'll be the only other signing I'm remotely excited about 

1 minute ago, OAFC1984 said:

I am agreeing with you. The ability to score goals in a shit team that creates nothing could well be invaluable to us this season 

I’m not disagreeing that your agreeing ! 🤣. I don’t see it as many do however. We won’t be in a relegation battle. We were dogshit last season but were still nowhere near relegated. More of the same to slightly better is my prediction. Why ? Because we’ve not finished adding to the squad yet and we always get atleast a couple of quality loans in. . This league standard is IMOginna be equally as shite again. 

Just now, kowenicki said:

why is that’s fairer? 

Anyhow. Welcome Mr Wheater. . 

Welcome indeed.

My point was that you're comparing a player Fleetwood had training for fitness and who they had the luxury of deciding would be useful to an unplanned panic signing  of someone we're hoping to be good enough to dig us out of a pile of shit single handed.

1 minute ago, leeslover said:

Welcome indeed.

My point was that you're comparing a player Fleetwood had training for fitness and who they had the luxury of deciding would be useful to an unplanned panic signing  of someone we're hoping to be good enough to dig us out of a pile of shit single handed.

Unplanned? We were talking to him three weeks ago I believe? 

6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The man who has an answer for everything resorting to emojis, oh dear.

Once bought for £2.3m.

105 Premier league games 

205 Championship games. 

5 years younger than Clarke. 

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Unplanned? We were talking to him three weeks ago I believe? 

Clever of us to base our policy on knowing how it would pan out at Bolton. But for him becoming available and Lemmy trying to placate an angry set of fans it would have been Stott and Sefil, and it still will be if Wheater is out.

Archived